PDA

View Full Version : Need a scripture for anger

peacewithin
Jan 16th 2010, 05:11 AM
I am so angry over the way the government is doing. I'm not going to turn this into a post on politics, I just need a scripture to read that will help me. It keeps me so angry when I hear how corrupt things are in Washington and I don't like feeling like this.
Someone please give me a scripture to read.
Thank you,
Beverly

Vhayes
Jan 16th 2010, 05:28 AM
This isn't about anger, Beverly, but it does tell us what to do about authority. I think the Roman government was just as bad if not worse than those in Washington.

I Timothy 2
1 - First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,

2 - for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

3- This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

Hope that helps a bit.
V

Zack702
Jan 16th 2010, 05:45 AM
Daniel 6 20-22
And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions? Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever. My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

DaveS
Jan 16th 2010, 05:46 AM
Eph.4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not...

It's ok to be angry. But if you follow the scriptures Vhayes posted you're more likely to keep yourself from sin in the process.

Amos_with_goats
Jan 16th 2010, 05:52 AM
Beverly,

The verse I was going to post is above. You are not alone. I see the evil, and strugle to not dwell on the anger also. I will say that it is a great comfort to me to know that we are only here for a season. The evil men, and their self serving deception can only affect the temporal... our citizenship is in a kingdom not formed with human hands.... These men have NO place there.

Blessings,

JohnDB
Jan 16th 2010, 01:00 PM
BLessed are the meek for they shall....

Meek isn't the best word as there really wasn't a word for what the aramaic Jesus was speaking or the Greek it was translated into has an equivalent of in English.

Meek is close to even tempered...what it really is talking about is that a person doesn't give into rage or giddiness. Even tempered is part of it. But so is self control over happiness. In other words they don't lose control of themselves by reason of their emotions. That isn't to say that they don't have emotions or do not express them. In fact Most characters in the Bible were emotional...including Jesus.

Geting angry isn't so much an issue...it is what you do when angry that is as well as the reason you are getting angry

Politics and the stories they generate are usually exaggerated. It has been this way since elections were first started and before. Even the Romans had grossly exaggerated stories running about before their electiions. I would believe none of them in all reality. It is a game of "gotcha" in most political circles coming right after apathy.

revrobor
Jan 16th 2010, 01:46 PM
And what is your anger accomplishing other than eating you up? You won't be able to change anything. Take it as a sign of the times and look up He may be ready to return.

Walstib
Jan 16th 2010, 02:35 PM
As others have said anger is not necessarily a big deal but there is more for that point the way I see it.

Ehp 4:26 talks about not letting the sun go down on your anger. What if you get mad 10 min before sunset?

The Government may have God given authority but I would say forgiving them is where anger will be lost and peace is found.

Forgive them now and you won't have to wait till sunset :)

Peace,
Joe

Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots. (Luk 23:34 NKJV)

peacewithin
Jan 16th 2010, 07:57 PM
Thank you all, I feel better just reading your posts. I'm not going to let what the government is doing steal my joy! Besides like revrobor said, I can't change anything anyway.
God Bless you all,
Beverly