PDA

View Full Version : This guy I know believes in psychic stuff

DeadToSelf
Jan 20th 2010, 09:13 AM
So yeah at the beginning of the year this guy that I used to work with had text me and told me to check my email address. He had sent me a list of things that psychics had predicted what would happen. So he text me when that Haiti thing happened and said I told you and then he said that they predicted that tornadoes would threaten souther CA, which actually happened yesterday. I had asked him where he got his stuff from and he said some person named psychic nikki.

So my question is, are there real psychics out there? Yeah there are some blow offs that just waste your time. But is there some real ones?

Just wondernig...haha

Thanks and GOD bless. :)

Athanasius
Jan 20th 2010, 03:39 PM
So my question is, are there real psychics out there?

Yes, to an extent. After all, the bible doesn't say 'it's fake!'

Tonton
Jan 20th 2010, 03:53 PM
There certainly are. Remember Saul approached one. But it against the will of God to go there, so stay away...

Love in Jesus,
Anton

DeadToSelf
Jan 20th 2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah that's what I thought of. I thought that there were some, but I guess no one likes talking about it or will deny it cause it makes them feel uncomfortable. He told me once, "people don't like me because I spread truth." and I responded, "go learn that BIBLE that is truth."haha

Stay away from what Tonton?haha

blessedmommyuv3
Jan 20th 2010, 09:57 PM
Some bible verses on the subject:

Deuteronomy 18:
10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and be
cause of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you.

Leviticus 19:
26" 'Do not practice divination or sorcery.

Leviticus 19:
31 " 'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:
6 " 'I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.

1 Chronicles 10:
13 Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, 14 and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

In Christ,
Jen

bambu420
Feb 10th 2010, 01:19 PM
So it is real then?Just detested by God and not allowed?

Slug1
Feb 10th 2010, 01:39 PM
So my question is, are there real psychics out there? Yeah there are some blow offs that just waste your time. But is there some real ones?

Just wondernig...haha

Thanks and GOD bless. :)Yes, those who are a real deal are the ones who have allowed a spirit of divination make use of them. So all they say is true but of satan, not of God at all. I know a dude who walked into a room where people were using an owija board (or however it's spelled) and it stopped working soon as He walked into the room. He was asked to leave because the demons working the board obviously couldn't be in the presence of Chirst who was in this man of God.

Also, we read in Acts 16:16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.
But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. 19 But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to the authorities.

So, this is how the real deal psychics operate today. This is also how Christians stop them, by binding and removing the spirit of divination.

tango
Feb 10th 2010, 03:18 PM
So it is real then?Just detested by God and not allowed?

It's definitely real. If it wasn't real people wouldn't get involved in it, or there'd have a cursory look over it and realise it was a fake and then leave it.

Others have already quoted the Scriptures that expressly prohibit it. Not only does the Bible not say it doesn't work but many people here (myself included) can personally attest to the fact that it does. That's why it's so dangerous - it involves tapping into spiritual powers that we're clearly told to avoid. A lot of people who are into this kind of thing come up with all sorts of plausible sounding theories about how it works but the truth is that anything supernatural comes from one of two places. If it isn't from God, it's from the devil.

Reynolds357
Feb 10th 2010, 03:54 PM
So yeah at the beginning of the year this guy that I used to work with had text me and told me to check my email address. He had sent me a list of things that psychics had predicted what would happen. So he text me when that Haiti thing happened and said I told you and then he said that they predicted that tornadoes would threaten souther CA, which actually happened yesterday. I had asked him where he got his stuff from and he said some person named psychic nikki.

Just wondernig...haha

Thanks and GOD bless. :)
There are different types of psycchics.
There are con artists who are good at speaking generalities and then feeding from your response.
There are also psychics who receive their information from demonic spirits. They have a pretty good ability to tell the future. Satan is limited in what he knows so they are also limited in what they can foretell.

Born~in~Christ
Feb 14th 2010, 12:29 AM
One of my best friends is kind of a liar. One of the lies she told me was she was psychic. She once predicted some things that never happened. She hasn't "predicted" anything new yet. Once a psychic always a psychic. She couldn't have just magically lost it.

any advice??????

markedward
Feb 14th 2010, 09:37 PM
Scripture doesn't say that psychics are "fake", but it does explicitly point out that someone who is not speaking for God will inevitably fail in their predictions.

Psychics are frauds. Out of the many that there are, and the hundreds of predictions each individual psychic makes, one of them is bound to be right, and they'll use that one guess to "prove" that they can predict the future.

It's incredibly difficult for a self-deceiver to get clued in to their self-deception because, hey, they're convinced of it.

Athanasius
Feb 14th 2010, 09:41 PM
One of my best friends is kind of a liar. One of the lies she told me was she was psychic. She once predicted some things that never happened. She hasn't "predicted" anything new yet. Once a psychic always a psychic. She couldn't have just magically lost it.

any advice??????

Yeah, She's a liar.

Lordistruth
Feb 19th 2010, 05:39 PM
I don't think that psychics can be real. If the future is written, then that would negate free will.

Athanasius
Feb 19th 2010, 05:44 PM
I don't think that psychics can be real. If the future is written, then that would negate free will.

That wouldn't negate free will, no. But it would place free will within certain confines.

Lordistruth
Feb 19th 2010, 06:45 PM
I think it would negate free will, even confining free will negates it.