PDA

View Full Version : All things work together for the ultimate good

Vhayes
Feb 2nd 2010, 05:13 AM
My aunt who was 79 years old, was afraid to stay alone at night after her husband, my uncle, passed away about 4 years ago. Her children, 3 daughters and 1 son, tried to take turns staying with her but when it became a problem, they found a woman to come and stay with her and paid the woman a stipend to help her out a bit.

Two weeks ago, the woman got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. She feel and injured herself, ended up in the hospital and has been unable to stay with my aunt. The son took on the responsibility of staying with his mother, my aunt, at night so she could sleep.

My aunt has been happy that my cousin is there because she felt he was her strength - that he was able to take care of things. The girls were great support and they certainly took care of the daily things that needed done but it was her son she felt "safe" with.

Last night, my cousin heard his mother get up and go to the kitchen. A little while later, he heard her call to him. He went to see what was wrong and she was sitting at the kitchen table - she told him she was feeling odd. She then went into convulsions. He held her and made her as comfortable as he could. She died.

God is amazing - He takes what was an accident and uses it to allow one of His children to pass out of this life in the most comfortable way they could have imagined, in the arms of their "strength".

steelerbabe
Feb 2nd 2010, 11:28 AM
I am sorry for your loss.:hug: Praying the Lord will comfort and sustain you and her family during this difficult time.:pray:

Brother Mark
Feb 2nd 2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for sharing this V. It blessed me this morning tough my heart goes out to her children.

Moxie
Feb 2nd 2010, 12:31 PM
What a wonderful story, V. Now she's singing with the Lord.

HisLeast
Feb 2nd 2010, 02:04 PM
Sorry for your loss V. Its happy news that she was able to leave in the company of family though.

Vhayes
Feb 2nd 2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you all for your prayers for the family. My aunt suffered from a chronic illness and has been unwell for years. i went to sit with my last remaining aunt yesterday for several hours and I think she expressed it best - she said she is so sad for herself and will miss her sister so much, but she is overjoyed that her sister is no longer suffering and alone.

ivorylamp
Feb 3rd 2010, 02:10 PM
Sorry for your lost. I rejoice that your aunt is now praising and singing in the heavenly realms of glory, to the King of Kings. Death is a journey returning to Our Creator.

bc3n1
Feb 3rd 2010, 04:37 PM
V, I'm so sorry for this loss to you and your cousins. I couldn't help but think of this verse that speaks so much to my heart. Psalm 73:26, "My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Praise to our Father in that the death of His saints is precious to Him.

jayne
Feb 3rd 2010, 05:47 PM
I am sorry this has happened. My sympathies for your family. Yet I thank God that He revealed His mercies and glories to you all at this time. God is good - all the time.