PDA

View Full Version : Atheist friend

Saved!
Feb 4th 2010, 12:15 AM
I grew up with a darling girl. She was beautiful (still is) and very wealthy. This little girl had a smile like an angel and an infectious giggle.

In high school she moved to live with a sibling out West and stayed through college. She was introduced to all sorts of things and has a wild existence for a while.

She is highly intelligent and very well read.

At some point she became an atheist. Not a quiet atheist...but a very public one.

I have constantly lett my faith show to her...but not pressured her for fear she'd quit speaking with me and I'd have no hope of influencing her.

Lately something has changed and she is no longer a professing atheist...she never mentions it. This is a BIG deal and a BIG change.

I don't know what is happening....if God is working with her right now. But, I take this as a great sign. Please pray with me that if God is working on her heart, that she will soften and allow Him in.

SAVED!

IMINXTC
Feb 4th 2010, 02:38 AM
Yes, bringing your friend before the LORD, praying confidently that many doors to the Gospel will open for her, and that your persistent, patient testimony will be very influential in her coming to the saving knowledge of Christ.

Looking forward to progress reports for your friend.

bc3n1
Feb 4th 2010, 08:17 AM
Praying for your friends salvation, wholeness, and purpose in the Lord be fulfilled to the glory of our Father in heaven.

IsItLove?
Feb 4th 2010, 09:00 AM
I grew up with a darling girl. She was beautiful (still is) and very wealthy. This little girl had a smile like an angel and an infectious giggle.

In high school she moved to live with a sibling out West and stayed through college. She was introduced to all sorts of things and has a wild existence for a while.

She is highly intelligent and very well read.

At some point she became an atheist. Not a quiet atheist...but a very public one.

I have constantly lett my faith show to her...but not pressured her for fear she'd quit speaking with me and I'd have no hope of influencing her.

Lately something has changed and she is no longer a professing atheist...she never mentions it. This is a BIG deal and a BIG change.

I don't know what is happening....if God is working with her right now. But, I take this as a great sign. Please pray with me that if God is working on her heart, that she will soften and allow Him in.

SAVED!
Perhaps it is time to speak up.

Frances
Feb 4th 2010, 06:49 PM
:pray: . . . . .

Saved!
Feb 5th 2010, 02:24 AM
IsItLove....you have a valid point!

butterfly1234
Feb 5th 2010, 03:00 AM
Please Jesus,let Your Light shine on the person and provide opportunities for her to be near to those who love You and will be a witness about You. Make her aware of You,and also expose the dark,atheist lies that she has believed and let her see them as what they really are,the lies of the devil. Thank You Jesus,in You name Amen.

peacewithin
Feb 5th 2010, 04:27 AM
Father hold this girl in your loving embrace and let her know about your love. Father give her the desire to love you back and trust you completely.
In Jesus Holy name I pray,
Amen

ShortStuff
Feb 6th 2010, 12:39 AM
Adding my voice to these prayers...Thank You, Lord for the answer I know You will provide..:pray:

IsItLove?
Feb 9th 2010, 08:18 AM
Let us know how it goes.

Amos_with_goats
Feb 12th 2010, 09:28 AM
:pray:

Thank You Lord that while we were yet sinners, You gave yourself. Lord the same miricale you did when you saved any of us applies to this one too. Lord We know it is Your desire that all should be saved, and that none would perish. Please hear and answer this prayer.
I ask these things, and pray Your blessings, in the Name of Your Son,

Amen