PDA

View Full Version : King Solomon of the Bible existed, 3000 year old wall is proof?

Dillon123
Feb 25th 2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.shalomlife.com/eng/6661/3,000-Year_Old_Wall_Found_in_Jerusalem/

Israeli archeologist Eilat Mazar said on Monday that an ancient fortified wall excavated recently in Jerusalem dates back over 3,000 years to King Solomon’s time, a discovery that would provide physical evidence for the biblical description of the era of King Solomon.

:hmm:

one_lost_coin
Feb 25th 2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah I heard about that and it struck me because I recently had a discussion with someone who tried to pass of a lot of these OT figures as myths. I guess with this proof I can only imagine what their fall back position will become as sadly with many of them it is any excuse to avoid facing the truth no matter how absurd the reasoning must become.

Crosstalk
Feb 25th 2010, 07:42 PM
It's just like the lie that Christianity copied other ancient religions like the Mithra myth. The fact is that all of these post date Christianity and lies
are still being told to promote this myth.

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/easter/articles/yama.html

ThyWordIsTruth
Feb 27th 2010, 08:39 AM
Anyone has the verse that talks about Solomon building this wall? Was it recorded?

MaryFreeman
Feb 27th 2010, 07:59 PM
Solomon did build the temple mount....

(1Ki 5:1) HIRAM KING of Tyre sent his servants to Solomon, when he heard that he was anointed king in place of his father, for Hiram always loved David.

(1Ki 5:2) And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying,

(1Ki 5:3) You know how David my father could not build a house to the Name of the Lord his God because wars were about him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under his feet. [II Sam. 7:4ff.; I Chron. 22:8.]

(1Ki 5:4) But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil confronting me.

(1Ki 5:5) And I purpose to build a house to the Name of the Lord my God, as the Lord said to David my father, Your son whom I will set on your throne in your place shall build the house to My Name and Presence.

(1Ki 5:6) So, Hiram, command them to hew me cedar trees out of Lebanon; my servants shall join yours, and I will give you whatever wages you set for your servants. For you know that no one among us can equal the skill of the Sidon men in cutting timber.

(1Ki 5:7) When Hiram heard the words of Solomon, he rejoiced greatly and said, Blessed be the Lord this day, Who has given David a wise son to be over this great people.

(1Ki 5:8) And Hiram sent to Solomon, saying, I have considered the things for which you sent to me; I will do all you wish concerning the cedar and cypress timber.

(1Ki 5:9) My servants shall bring the logs down from Lebanon to the sea, make them into rafts, and float them by sea to the place that you direct. I will have them released there, and you shall take them away. And you shall fulfill my desire by providing food for my household.

(1Ki 5:10) So Hiram gave Solomon all the cedar and cypress trees he desired,

(1Ki 5:11) And Solomon gave Hiram 20,000 measures of wheat for food for his household, and 20 measures of pure, beaten oil. He gave these to Hiram yearly.

(1Ki 5:12) The Lord gave Solomon wisdom, as He promised him; and there was peace between Hiram and Solomon, and they made a treaty.

(1Ki 5:13) King Solomon raised a levy [of forced labor] out of all Israel; and the levy was 30,000 men.

(1Ki 5:14) He sent them to Lebanon, 10,000 a month by divisions; one month they were in Lebanon and two months at home. Adoniram was over the levy.

(1Ki 5:15) And Solomon had 70,000 burden bearers and 80,000 hewers [of stone] in the hill country of Judah,

(1Ki 5:16) Besides Solomon's 3,300 overseers in charge of the people doing the work.

(1Ki 5:17) The king commanded, and they hewed and brought out great, costly stones in order to lay the foundation of the house with dressed stone.

(1Ki 5:18) Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders and the men of Gebal did the hewing and prepared the timber and stones to build the house.

The lady in the article said she found the wall you speak of alongside the temple mount.

Assuming your OP is a question of Solomons existance....

I feel confident I can say yes.... He did....

Is it not interesting how science keeps proving the Bibles integrity and accuracy?

Cool!

moonglow
Feb 27th 2010, 08:46 PM
Yea the bible goes into great detail about the building of the first temple and even the things in it...its just amazing to imaging these things. Anyway I didn't know there was any doubt he existed or built this temple? Its recorded in history about the destruction of this temple and the temple mount over it rest on Solomon's stables...they are constantly digging under there and destroying any artifacts they find too...:(

1 Kings 6 (New Living Translation)http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Kings+6&version=NLT
Solomon Builds the Temple

1 It was in midspring, in the month of Ziv, during the fourth year of Solomon’s reign, that he began to construct the Temple of the Lord. This was 480 years after the people of Israel were rescued from their slavery in the land of Egypt.

2 The Temple that King Solomon built for the Lord was 90 feet long, 30 feet wide, and 45 feet high. 3 The entry room at the front of the Temple was 30 feet wide, running across the entire width of the Temple. It projected outward 15 feet from the front of the Temple. 4 Solomon also made narrow recessed windows throughout the Temple.

5 He built a complex of rooms against the outer walls of the Temple, all the way around the sides and rear of the building. 6 The complex was three stories high, the bottom floor being 7½ feet wide, the second floor 9 feet wide, and the top floor 10½ feet wide. The rooms were connected to the walls of the Temple by beams resting on ledges built out from the wall. So the beams were not inserted into the walls themselves.

7 The stones used in the construction of the Temple were finished at the quarry, so there was no sound of hammer, ax, or any other iron tool at the building site.

8 The entrance to the bottom floor was on the south side of the Temple. There were winding stairs going up to the second floor, and another flight of stairs between the second and third floors. 9 After completing the Temple structure, Solomon put in a ceiling made of cedar beams and planks. 10 As already stated, he built a complex of rooms on three sides of the building, attached to the Temple walls by cedar timbers. Each story of the complex was 7½ feet high.

11 Then the Lord gave this message to Solomon: 12 “Concerning this Temple you are building, if you keep all my decrees and regulations and obey all my commands, I will fulfill through you the promise I made to your father, David. 13 I will live among the Israelites and will never abandon my people Israel.”

14 So Solomon finished building the Temple. 15 The entire inside, from floor to ceiling, was paneled with wood. He paneled the walls and ceilings with cedar, and he used planks of cypress for the floors. 16 He partitioned off an inner sanctuary—the Most Holy Place—at the far end of the Temple. It was 30 feet deep and was paneled with cedar from floor to ceiling. 17 The main room of the Temple, outside the Most Holy Place, was 60 feet long. 18 Cedar paneling completely covered the stone walls throughout the Temple, and the paneling was decorated with carvings of gourds and open flowers.

19 He prepared the inner sanctuary at the far end of the Temple, where the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant would be placed. People can read the rest at the link I posted. I picked the New Living bible translation because they have translated the cubits into feet so its easier to understand.

Also in the next chapter Solomon hires this man, Huram, to do more detailed work..try to image what this would look like:

1 Kings 7
23 Then Huram cast a great round basin, 15 feet across from rim to rim, called the Sea. It was 7½ feet deep and about 45 feet in circumference. 24 It was encircled just below its rim by two rows of decorative gourds. There were about six gourds per foot all the way around, and they were cast as part of the basin.

25 The Sea was placed on a base of twelve bronze oxen, all facing outward. Three faced north, three faced west, three faced south, and three faced east, and the Sea rested on them. 26 The walls of the Sea were about three inches thick, and its rim flared out like a cup and resembled a water lily blossom. It could hold about 11,000 gallons of water.

They never say what this is for..a huge bath? I know they used to have big bath houses back then and I think still do in some parts of the world. I couldn't image calling this a bathtub. This thing is huge! As big as the swimming pools we have now. Maybe its an indoor swimming pool? lol. but if you read about the rest of the things built..its just amazing...not just the skill involved but the art...this was absolutely amazing...especially for that time in history.

Many think they couldn't have nice things back then due to lacking the tools and equipment needed, but archeologically is showing more and more they did have these types of things then..the Romans did..they did in Egypt...people were much more advanced then everyone thought in these areas. it really blows the mind. Some people they were grunting around cave men then that could barely make a fire ...:rolleyes: So reading about these amazing things built then really shocks alot of people.

God bless

MaryFreeman
Feb 27th 2010, 09:30 PM
Grunting cavemen! :rofl:

And to think all those who believe all that static need to do is read a Jewish history book!

I'm sorry but that is so funny!

Even the Bible shows the intelegence of these ancient people....

I wonder if folks believe that ancient=stupid?

moonglow
Feb 27th 2010, 09:35 PM
Grunting cavemen! :rofl:

And to think all those who believe all that static need to do is read a Jewish history book!

I'm sorry but that is so funny!

Even the Bible shows the intelegence of these ancient people....

I wonder if folks believe that ancient=stupid?

Well you have to remember they think the stuff in the bible is made up ..:rolleyes: Because they are SO much more intelligent then we are you know..;) Never mind any facts! :hmm:

God bless

MaryFreeman
Feb 27th 2010, 09:41 PM
Well you have to remember they think the stuff in the bible is made up ..:rolleyes: Because they are SO much more intelligent then we are you know..;) Never mind any facts! :hmm:

God bless

:lol: There is such a thing as too much education....

Tends to cause one to exalt ones self over another....

When we are all silly human beings :lol:....

moonglow
Feb 27th 2010, 09:51 PM
:lol: There is such a thing as too much education....

Tends to cause one to exalt ones self over another....

When we are all silly human beings :lol:....

That can happen true...but many Christians also hold college degrees...;) But yea, human pride can get in the way. Yesterday on the news they said a nurse took a teenage boy from juvie and was caught having sex with him at her home. Now this is a person that is educated...has a profession..then goes and does something extremely stupid like this..and just ruined her life. So education doesn't mean the person can't still be stupid.

God bless