PDA

View Full Version : Did Adam have a scar from where God took Eve?

grit
Feb 25th 2010, 08:27 PM
Well, did he?

I thought of making the poll quite complex, with choices like, "Yes, and you can still see it to this very day", or, "Don't be silly, God doesn't make scars", but I decided to keep it simple and let the masses elaborate as they will.

newinchrist4now
Feb 25th 2010, 08:31 PM
Well speculating, I'd say no. :) God is perfect so I'm sure He could suture without a scar :)

markedward
Feb 25th 2010, 08:46 PM
Scripture doesn't say, so it's literally impossible to give an answer. Anyone who gives an answer is guessing.

grit
Feb 25th 2010, 08:47 PM
Scripture doesn't say, so it's literally impossible to give an answer. Anyone who gives an answer is guessing.

Would you say Jesus probably has scars in Heaven?

David Taylor
Feb 25th 2010, 09:01 PM
Would you say Jesus probably has scars in Heaven?

No doubt those scars will eternally remain.

The existed after the Resurrection, and Jesus didn't appear to be a bloodied, tortured mess after that; so those marks likely will be eternal reminders of His love for us.

Crosstalk
Feb 25th 2010, 09:06 PM

I agree. Where the Scripture is silent we should also be silent.

newinchrist4now
Feb 25th 2010, 09:20 PM
What's a bit of speculative fun hurt

theBelovedDisciple
Feb 25th 2010, 09:21 PM
Greetings Grit.....

Nothing wrong with a poll like this or even thinking on those things...

Interesting poll..... I voted no.. and I'm just speculating...but it seems lately that theres been alot of speculation about myself by others lately.... but thats okay...Whether there is a scar there or not... it really doesnt matter.. and if I'm wrong when I meet Adam.. then I'll tell him.. 'hey' you have a scar.. there.. I know why thats there... then I'll look at them and maybe notice something different about them than me? maybe Adam and Eve have no belly buttons... for they were the first ones created.... interesting...

but good Poll Grit!

John146
Feb 25th 2010, 09:54 PM
Gen 2
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

It does indicate that God literally took the rib out through Adam's flesh (rather than doing it supernaturally somehow). So, it would depend on whether God supernaturally healed Adam's flesh so that there wouldn't be a scar after taking the rib out or not. If not, then I'd think there would have been a scar. But it doesn't say so my answer is "I don't know".

If I had to guess I think I'd say no because the whole thing was a supernatural act by God. I mean, forming a woman out of a rib? Wow. Since He did that I think it's reasonable to think He also was able to close up Adam's flesh in such a way that a scar would not result from it.

holyrokker
Feb 25th 2010, 11:47 PM
Probably yes, since scars would be the natural result.

susrakbja
Feb 26th 2010, 03:22 AM
YES - word says "21-22 God put the Man into a deep sleep. As he slept he removed one of his ribs and replaced it with flesh. God then used the rib that he had taken from the Man to make Woman and presented her to the Man. ".

Word says, God is spirit. So some times, we would have to see spiritually. If one hurts you, it stores in your mind and reminds you for some time period. Can you show it in which form it is stored in mind? can you pull it out from mind? No. But by faith we are believing. Thus, we can assume that SCAR can be visible or invisible. God had taken out the rib from the Adam. We can say, after woman was made, Adm has no the rib. This resulted some missing and replacing with flesh which signifies a mark. We can say it as SCAR. if you believe BIBLE (word), you must believe that Adam has a gap/missing in his body. theFreedictionary.com tells the meaning of SCAR is 'A lingering sign of damage or injury'. Scar is not necessary to visible, but by faith we can see it. The purpose of God here is that every man and woman should see their relationship with higher importance, because. Though physically separated, but they are one in spirit and mentally. - Jac(susrakbja@yahoo.com)