PDA

View Full Version : Adultery

Realist1981
Mar 3rd 2010, 09:59 AM
Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.

dworthington
Mar 3rd 2010, 10:59 AM
Dating is not adultery, but having a sexual relationship can be adultery.

VerticalReality
Mar 3rd 2010, 01:09 PM
I think an interesting conversation would be to determine what it really means to become "one flesh."

notuptome
Mar 3rd 2010, 03:22 PM
Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
Adultery is generally between married people who transgress their vows to God and themselves. Fornication is sex between unmarried people.

Do not fornicate and do not commit adultery with a married woman.

I do not see anything dishonorable about marrying and adopting the child if that is where the Lord leads.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Slug1
Mar 3rd 2010, 03:45 PM

Adultery is generally between married people who transgress their vows to God and themselves. Fornication is sex between unmarried people.

Do not fornicate and do not commit adultery with a married woman.

I do not see anything dishonorable about marrying and adopting the child if that is where the Lord leads.

For the cause of Christ
RogerI concur what Roger says here. Dating is not fornicating nor adultery, in this situation as you informed us.

CaptainM
Mar 3rd 2010, 03:54 PM
No. And even if she was previously married, it is not you that would be committing the adultery, but enabling her to do so if her divorce was not biblical. But like others have said, if you are talking about engaging in a sexual relationship with her, this is fornication: sex outside of marriage = not God's plan/design for sex; sin.

If a married woman becomes divorced, it is only adultery that she marries another man if she left him without biblical reason. The Bible supports abuse and infidelity as reasons to divorce but still encourages reconciliation first.

What is dating? Why date? What are your intentions of dating this woman? Do you think you might like to marry her? Are you wanting to come into an exclusive relationship with her that would make her unavailable to other men? This is the ancient form of engagement, a modern mishap. The world has it backwards! If she has a child but was never married, you should beware not to put yourself in situations with her that might cause you to sin. The flesh is weak.

Frances
Mar 3rd 2010, 05:40 PM
No. And even if she was previously married, it is not you that would be committing the adultery, but enabling her to do so

On the other hand Luke 16:18 makes clear that it is the man who commits adultery in that situation.

JohnDB
Mar 4th 2010, 03:08 AM
God forgives sin...completely.

So getting divorced and remarried isn't a sin contrary to the legalist logic that so prevails in Christiandom.

Even to this day many churchs will allow you to attend but not be a leader of some kind if you ever have been divorced...

And this thinking and style of leadership has ostracised over half of all americans from the Church.
It is saying point blank that if you aren't "perfect nuclear family" material you just ain't holy enough for our congregation....sure come in and repent...but don't take part in anything and you surely can't be more spiritual than any one else here"

And I think that this will be (and has been) America's biggest spiritual downfall.

amazzin
Mar 4th 2010, 03:10 AM
God forgives sin...completely.

So getting divorced and remarried isn't a sin contrary to the legalist logic that so prevails in Christiandom.

Even to this day many churchs will allow you to attend but not be a leader of some kind if you ever have been divorced...

And this thinking and style of leadership has ostracised over half of all americans from the Church.
It is saying point blank that if you aren't "perfect nuclear family" material you just ain't holy enough for our congregation....sure come in and repent...but don't take part in anything and you surely can't be more spiritual than any one else here"

And I think that this will be (and has been) America's biggest spiritual downfall.

Boy, that's a mouth full. what bothering you?

JohnDB
Mar 4th 2010, 03:23 AM
Boy, that's a mouth full. what bothering you?

Single parent families are the largest demographic in America...and the most absent from Church attendance.

And it isn't because they don't believe in God, Christ, or the tenants of the faith...it is simply because they are ostracized for past mistakes.

So...

Anything that keeps anyone from fellowship, worship, and celebrating their faith...I have a very very dim view on.

I know...I know...I am holding back...if only I could let out my true feelings.
LOL

amazzin
Mar 4th 2010, 03:24 AM
Meet me in chat to ministers forum and we can have a private chat.

Just so you know, you would NOT be embrassed in my church, no questions asked.

Beckrl
Mar 6th 2010, 01:41 AM
I would be very careful in considering a relationship with any divorced woman, just by having the knowledge that whosoever marries another man's wife commits adultery. Also taken into consideration that Jesus said, that whosoever lust after another man's wife commits adultery, in this case Jesus is telling us one don't have to actually be having an sexual relationship with this woman but have a desire or lust to have that sexual relationship with her. That is adultery in the heart. Notice that I used another man's wife for the woman in this case. (Matthew 5:27,28) Woman (http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1135&t=KJV) should be translated wife.

gringo300
May 7th 2010, 01:02 AM
I've seen A LOT of what comes from adultery.

It's not pretty.

RabbiKnife
May 7th 2010, 12:15 PM
I've see a LOT of what comes from non-adulterous relationships.

Much of it is not pretty, either.