PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: End Time Prophet? Family Roll?

KingDavid1976
Mar 3rd 2010, 08:19 PM
Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I have a question to ask of you, My wife believes she is a "End Time Prophet" and that God is speaking to her via dreams and messages. She is a part of an online group of Christians who are heavy with end time prophets and messages.

Now can someone please explain to me what the "REAL" meaning of a Prophet is and what their roll was back in the old testament? And also, If she is called to be an End Time Prophet does this mean GOD would use her even if our home is not in order? (Depression, Physical separation from myself and children, unforgiveness and spending all her free time with this group and studying the bible on end times?

Maybe I'm feeling self centered here but i'm not very happy in our marriage right now and as a believer I know God is with me but our family is missing the Mother and wife in this house. I sometimes struggle doing all the household chores and taking care of our children alone. I've tried to reason with her and ask her for help but she often tells me that the Call of God is more important and that she has a higher calling.

Can someone give me some advice??

Thanks

David

roaring tiger
Mar 4th 2010, 11:29 AM

I have a question to ask of you, My wife believes she is a "End Time Prophet" and that God is speaking to her via dreams and messages. She is a part of an online group of Christians who are heavy with end time prophets and messages.

Now can someone please explain to me what the "REAL" meaning of a Prophet is and what their roll was back in the old testament? And also, If she is called to be an End Time Prophet does this mean GOD would use her even if our home is not in order? (Depression, Physical separation from myself and children, unforgiveness and spending all her free time with this group and studying the bible on end times?

Maybe I'm feeling self centered here but i'm not very happy in our marriage right now and as a believer I know God is with me but our family is missing the Mother and wife in this house. I sometimes struggle doing all the household chores and taking care of our children alone. I've tried to reason with her and ask her for help but she often tells me that the Call of God is more important and that she has a higher calling.

Thanks

David

Hi!!!David,Greetings
I'm very sorry for sad situation in your family circle.You said that your wife is a member of an online
group.If i am not mistaken it was the group that prophesize that endtime dooms will happen on
May 17,2012.If that is true,may God forbid that propheseying will fall in Jer.28:9 & Jer.29:8-9
The prophet which prophesieth of peace,when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then
shall the prophet be known,that the Lord hath truly sent him.
Jer. 29:8For thus saith the Lord of hosts,the God of Israel;Let not your prophets and diviners,that
be in midst of you,deceive you,neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dream.
V.9]For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them. saith the Lord.
Luke 21:8-9 Jesus said,Take heed that ye be not deceived:for many shall come in my name,saying,
I am Christ and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
v.9]But when ye shall hear of wars and commotion, be not terrified;for this things must come in
pass; but the end is not by and by.
Hope this help.

in love of Christ./RT.

Servant89
Mar 4th 2010, 12:09 PM

Thanks

David

If she has not read the whole Bible from cover to cover (not interested in the revealed will of God), I seriously doubt that God will reveal to her his hidden will. And if she violates 1Cor 7:3-5 she is out of the will of God.

Shalom

daughter
Mar 4th 2010, 12:28 PM
There is no greater role for a married woman with children than to be a wife and mother. That doesn't mean that she can't also be a prophet... but if she's allowing her "prophecies" to lead her away from her God given role as wife and mother, then it seems to me that her prophesying will prove to be vanity.

Since I've been Christian it has increasingly been impressed upon me, more and more as time goes on, that my ministry is my son. He is my congregation, he is the one I'm to serve, and teach, and raise in the Lord. I can't think of anything more important to God than that I am a God fearing mother, and I know that my son is precious to God, and He has entrusted me with something of incredible value. I'm so honoured that God saved me, that He instructed me early on to be obedient, and through that obedience both my son and husband were saved. My husband is now with the Lord, but I am still a mother to my son... and if I fail to be a mother to him, then I've failed in what God gave me to do.

How will your wife feel on judgement day, if she stands before God, telling Him about all the great things she did for Him, if in the end God says, "yes, but you lost your child."

I know people who had their faith shipwrecked in childhood because of the religious hypocrisy of their parents. And it is hypocrisy in its purest form to say you love God, but you don't love your children.

Quite possibly your wife has been seduced down this path because she has low self esteem, and believing she is a prophet makes her feel good. But the fact is that God gave her a family. Her children should be her congregation. And she should read the Bible cover to cover, not just the "endtime" bits.

Anyway... a "prophet" was not a fortune teller. There are some prophets in the Bible who hardly tell the future at all. John the Baptist, for example, points to Christ... he doesn't say what's going to happen to Israel. And yet we know that John was the greatest of all the prophets before Christ came.

If a prophet doesn't point to Christ, then they are no prophet at all. It is one thing to point to the end of the world... we all know it's going to happen. But it's another thing to focus so exclusively on end times that nobody's thinking of Christ at all.

It sounds to me like your wife has some underlying mental health issues, and has perhaps been deceived by this internet group, and led down a wrong path.

I have one talent in the world right now. That talent is my son. I couldn't imagine facing God and having Him tell me that I squandered that talent, and betrayed God's trust in me by wasting time with things that built up my ego, but didn't help the Kingdom. Your wife needs to repent of her pride and vanity, and get right with God.

That's the thing with being a Christian, you have to repent, and keep repenting. God is always showing me new things that I need to change, to improve on, to jettison entirely. Your wife needs to repent, and seek help. And some genuine Christians, who will challenge her rather than feeding her flesh.

Because a lot of these compulsive prophets are feeding their flesh... and you see it when the prophecies fail. Either they lose their faith, or they spend so much time scrabbling to save face that they never have a chance to grow. I actually had one such "prophet" tell me, when his prophecy failed, that he felt God had betrayed him. Your wife is in a perilous place. Pray for her.

KingDavid1976
Mar 4th 2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will contiune to walk in love with God's help.

KingDavid1976
Mar 4th 2010, 05:28 PM
There is no greater role for a married woman with children than to be a wife and mother. That doesn't mean that she can't also be a prophet... but if she's allowing her "prophecies" to lead her away from her God given role as wife and mother, then it seems to me that her prophesying will prove to be vanity. .

Thanks for your reply, I think your message has a lot of truth and I understand what you are saying. She does have some low self esteem and this group makes her feel right in to the point of wanting to leave me and take our children accross the united states to "fellowship and be a part of the passover". We don't even know them!!.. This online group has a main member who is the head prophet who is making books and volumes from letters from GOD aviliable and printed for their members. I know I'm not supposed to Judge people and I try very hard not to but I really question these people and this person. He is on youtube also.

It's just sad for all of us at home.

Thanks again for the replys everyone.

God Bless,

David

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 4th 2010, 05:39 PM
Scripture tells us the spirits of the prophets are subject unto the prophets...

it would be nice to see and hear what this 'head prophet' is talking about and what he/she is preaching...

The end times will be full of false prophets and false chirsts... and Jesus warned about that...

He said many will come in my name.. saying I'm over here, or over there...

go ye not after them...

the spirits of the prophets are subject unto the prophets....

and the Tesitmony of Jesus Chirst that a Geunine Believer has is the spirit of prophecy...

I'v come out of groups that say they followed 'christ'.. but when shown the 'Truth'... and when I left ..you could see their 'fruit'... hurling condemnation, fear, and damnation at me for leaving...

thats not from God...

thats Why John tells us to Test the 'spirits'.. to see if they are of God...

and now days that is a must... for the Genuine Believer..

daughter
Mar 4th 2010, 06:11 PM
It's serious that she's considering taking your children off to join this group. That is not something she should even consider doing. You're a Christian believer, and her husband, she is supposed to be subject to you, not some other leader. Would she really deprive your children of a Godly father just to follow after some prophet.

Here's something she might prayerfully consider. The Beloved Disciple mentions this verse as well.

Jesus says that in the end times there will be many false prophets and false messiahs.

Messiah means an annointed one. These prophets and self proclaimed great men of God claim an annointing, they're setting themselves up as little messiahs in little kingdoms.

Jesus tells her specifically in the Bible not to go running after prophets. She's not just in doctrinal error, she's in spiritual danger. You can see this from the fruit of her infatuation with prophecy... she's talking about rending a Christian home into pieces.

That is bad fruit, and it comes from a rotten tree. Something's infected her... I'm sorry for everyone involved, especially the children.

Quite simply, if she calls herself a Christian she should know that she shouldn't leave you. It's not like you're an unbeliever, or a serial adulterer. She has no biblical grounds to behave like this. It seems to me that the group she's involved with is not genuinely Christian at all... it's motivated by a spirit of pride, which feeds the flesh and withers away true faith.

Jesus said that if we wanted to follow Him we had to crucify the old man (that's all our pride and vanity) and deny ourselves. She is not denying herself if she feeds her flesh, her desire to be great in God's kingdom, while not fulfilling the roles God has actually given her to do.

I hope everyone reading this thread will take a moment to pray for wife, children and father in this family. And I pray also that the false prophet at the root of all this will quickly be exposed before he causes any more harm.

moonglow
Mar 4th 2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your reply, I think your message has a lot of truth and I understand what you are saying. She does have some low self esteem and this group makes her feel right in to the point of wanting to leave me and take our children accross the united states to "fellowship and be a part of the passover". We don't even know them!!.. This online group has a main member who is the head prophet who is making books and volumes from letters from GOD aviliable and printed for their members. I know I'm not supposed to Judge people and I try very hard not to but I really question these people and this person. He is on youtube also.

It's just sad for all of us at home.

Thanks again for the replys everyone.

God Bless,

David

Actually we can judge other believers ..even Jesus warned us to beware of false prophets.

Matthew 7

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

I would bet this guy is doing alot of scripture twisting too..:(

I will keep you and her in my prayers.

I am so sorry...

God bless

The Mighty Sword
Mar 4th 2010, 06:43 PM
Sounds a little too cultish for my taste.

notuptome
Mar 4th 2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds a little too cultish for my taste.
'Ya think?

I always assumed that OT prophets were of Jewish descent. God did not send gentiles to bring the word of God to His elect among the nations of the world.

For the cause of Christ
Roger