PDA

View Full Version : Honestly I was Just @ work

UnusVeritas
Mar 4th 2010, 07:44 AM
I would have to say in everyday life that the way i began my long and descriptive discussion about God and evolution and weather or not Jesus was our savior, was relatively normal. It was a discussion that any believer or non-believer could have at anytime, we all know how large the topic of religion and evolution are right?

One of the guys I work with (Tony) and myself were walking out to a jet, if i remember correctly and while waiting to do our job we started walking up a down the rows of aircraft, just talking about random things. We came on to the theory of evolution at one point,(Keep in mind this was a couple of months ago so I do not remember all of what each of us said.) and we were talking about Darwinism among other things. I remember Tony saying a couple things that really struck me 1. "If we evolved from monkeys, then why haven't they evolved yet." and 2. "If evolution were true why haven't trees been able to get up and run away when man goes to chop them down?"

Tony told me how another person we work with Patrick, and him were walking around (just like we had been doing) talking during a training exercise we were having. They got on the same subject, Patrick is Southern Baptist and his Father has been a Preacher for a very long time from what I gather. Pat passed the word to Tony, and Tony to me.

Here is the part that makes me really believe that it was meant to happen. A few weeks before Tony talked to Pat he had to Decide weather or not he was going to re-enlist (Air Force). Tony had every intention of getting out and taking his wife back home and getting jobs and going to school. I am pretty sure he re-enlisted on his last possible day. If Tony would not have re-enlisted Patrick would never have talked to him and we both may not have found God.

Thanks for reading,

-Ryan

Moxie
Mar 5th 2010, 04:13 AM
Very neat story, Ryan. Thanks for sharing. It's good for us to remember that everything is in God's timing.

EaglezEye
Apr 3rd 2010, 01:41 PM
Great story. God works in mysterious ways.

daughter
Apr 3rd 2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Ryan. I'm really glad to see you here, and very glad you were saved. Just to let you know, you'll get scientists attacking the evolution part of your testimony, because as it happens the comment about the monkeys not evolving isn't something that scientists would believe. The theory is that everyone has adapted for individual environments, and monkeys evolved parallel from us in a different direction.

But don't worry about that, the point is that God made you, loves you, that in the Person of Jesus Christ He died for your sins, rose from the dead, and you can be with Him forever more.

Oh... I believe the Bible account of Creation by the way. Makes sense.

inn
Apr 7th 2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Ryan. I'm really glad to see you here, and very glad you were saved. Just to let you know, you'll get scientists attacking the evolution part of your testimony, because as it happens the comment about the monkeys not evolving isn't something that scientists would believe. The theory is that everyone has adapted for individual environments, and monkeys evolved parallel from us in a different direction.

But don't worry about that, the point is that God made you, loves you, that in the Person of Jesus Christ He died for your sins, rose from the dead, and you can be with Him forever more.

Oh... I believe the Bible account of Creation by the way. Makes sense.

I fully agree. God loves us SO much!!!!