PDA

View Full Version : Bringing up Dreams.

UnusVeritas
Mar 5th 2010, 12:10 PM
I was reading an old post about dreaming and weather or not the Holy Spirit still comes to people through dreams. I honestly did not find God until about two months ago. The night that I got down on my knees and talked to Jesus and asked him to guide me, I remember being nervous not knowing what to say to him. Knowing at that time that he is such a huge part of so many people's lives and yet not knowing why. In the past couple months I have realized some reasons. I find it to be so amazing that one man could take all sin of every person on his own two shoulders and die to save them. I find that just talking about Jesus and God make me feel so at ease with things that may be going on in my life. I'm honestly not afraid to die anymore because I know that if I follow the teachings of Jesus and the word of God that I will go to a much better place.

1. I would really like to hear some stories about the first time some of you talked to Jesus did you feel the same way as I?

That night that I talked to Jesus for the first time I had woke up in the middle of the night, and I don't know for what reason as I started to fall back asleep I slipped into a dream that seemed to only last seconds. In this dream I was in first person and I was looking at a golden cross that came to four diamond shaped points and at each of those points there was red gem in the center of the diamond shape. From behind the cross there was a very bright light that was center on the cross shining down from the top at an angle. I don't know for a fact that this was a sign, but I still believe that it was a sign saying that now that I have accepted Jesus and I don't deny him, he has accepted me and won't deny me.

2. May I have some thoughts on this dream, so I can see how others view this?

Crosstalk
Mar 7th 2010, 07:30 PM
I got saved almost 16 years ago and to be honest with you I don't remember how I prayed at first. I know that before I got saved I used to pray
memorized prayers that Catholics teach like the Hail Mary and Our Father, but after I was saved I used conversational prayer. There was never any fear though.

I never had the Lord speak to me through a vivid prayer so I can't really relate to your experience. However I have heard of things like this happening to
people in parts of the world where God may be inclined to use this method to reach someone, but it's not the norm IMO.

I sure pray that you will grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ UV.

UnusVeritas
Mar 9th 2010, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say that I was fearful, but I was nervous in the fact that I did not know how to do it. Now I have come to have more conversational prayer though myself.

Scooby_Snacks
Mar 9th 2010, 01:15 PM
Hi UnusVeritas,

There is a private thread area on this forum where people post their dreams. You may have to be a member for a specified period of time before accessing it, that is a question a moderator could help you with if you are unable to post there yet.