PDA

View Full Version : The beast and the false prophet being thrown alive....

Equipped_4_Love
Mar 6th 2010, 11:00 PM
....into the Lake of Fire? I assume this means that they are thrown in bodily form.

Wouldn't their bodies immediately disintegrate?

crossnote
Mar 7th 2010, 01:40 AM
Not all bodies are the same [All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. (1Co 15:39-40) ] and neither are all fires.

Crosstalk
Mar 7th 2010, 07:17 PM
I agree with Crossnote. Christians will be given glorified bodies in heaven and I believe that those in the lake of fire will get bodies that won't burn up.

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘ Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’ Mk. 9:47-48

Prophet Daniel
Mar 7th 2010, 07:26 PM
It also says that the Lamb is present with the holy angels. The word brimstone is derived from the word theos and is in this context called "theon" which means divine fire. Our God is a consuming fire. Can you imagine meeting Him without serving and acknowledging Him and all of a sudden get thrown into His presence?

Beckrl
Mar 7th 2010, 08:02 PM
....into the Lake of Fire? I assume this means that they are thrown in bodily form.

They the Beast and the False Prophet should be seen as symbolic of the Beast of the sea [Rome] and the Beast of the earth/ False prophet [apostate Israel] These two will not go the hell but go straight to the lake of fire.[ie second death] Therefore they have already been judged by God.

Kudo Shinichi
Mar 7th 2010, 10:02 PM

Nope.
Revelation 14:11
“the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
http://bible.org/article/what-bible-says-about-hell

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 8th 2010, 03:33 PM

this fire very similar to the Fire in the Burning Bush.. when Moses spoke to the GREAT I AM..

what did that 'fire' do?

it burned.. yet it did not consume that bush...

the same for the Lake of Fire which is Everlasting...

burning yet not consuming..

Steven3
Mar 9th 2010, 01:13 AM

Hi Welder4Christ
It's only a symbol. These aren't real people/creatures. :)

Prophet Daniel
Mar 21st 2010, 02:27 PM
Rev 14:10-11
10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. NKJV

Has anyone noticed that the Lamb and the Holy angels are there?