PDA

View Full Version : Angels about us.

Saved 1982
Mar 10th 2010, 09:12 PM
DO WE REALLY HAVE GUARDIAN ANGELS?
Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivered them.
When I first got saved and started walking with the Lord, the Lord told me the following:
He said number one always be honest with Him, myself, and others.
What I am about to write really happened to me and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt there are angels encamped round about us.
I was working at a big Aluminum plant and we worked rotating shifts, when this happened to me.
I was working the graveyard shift which ran from 12 at night till 8 in the morning. I was operating a 40 ton over head crane, that ran on rails inside a big building, we used this to pick up aluminum ingots that weighed anywhere from 15,000 to 40,000 pounds each.
This was a remote control crane and we hung the control box around our shoulder. To pick up the big ingots we used a pair of electric tongs that weighed 7,500 pounds. The tongs set in a steel rack when not in use.
We had to let down the crane hook to hook up the tongs, and also since the tongs were electrically operated a cable dropped from the crane to plug into the tongs.
On this night as I went to hook up the tongs someone had set a stack of aluminum blocks that weighed 1500 pounds each and were stacked nine high right beside the rack holding the tongs. I had about three feet of space to get my body between the stack of metal blocks and the tong rack.
I let down the crane hook and hooked it in the eye of the tongs, and just raised the crane hook high enough to get the slack out of the crane cables. The tongs were still setting on the rack.
What happened next happened very fast, but it all seemed like it happened in slow motion.
As I reached for the electrical cable from the crane to hook it in the outlet from the tongs I saw like a shadow above my head. as something moved. Now I was wearing the control box around my shoulder and my hands were off of it, so I didnít touch the lever that moves the crane.
All of a sudden the crane takes off fast in a direction that would drag the tongs and rack toward me and the stack of metal blocks behind me.
Just as the crane started to move (God as my witness) an unseen hand pushed on my left shoulder ,pushing me hard enough that I went staggering side ways. Just as I got out of the way the crane was pulling so hard it slammed the tongs, and rack into the metal blocks where I had been standing.
The crane was still trying to pull the tongs, metal rack, and the blocks of metal with it. I hit the power button on the control box to kill the power to the crane.
If I had not been pushed out of the way there would have been nothing left of me.
I got the shift electrician to check out the crane and he went up on top of the crane and found were a wire had come loose and fell across contacts causing the crane to move by itself.
That wire didnít just come loose by itself, the devil or one of his demons tried to kill me .
Even though I was working and working shift work, I was preaching in different churches in my area.
One thing I preach on is spiritual warfare, and it makes the devil mad, one thing I have noticed is a lot of people donít want to hear about the devil or his demons, and a lot of preachers donít preach on it.
Yet the devil and his demons are whoís causing all the problems in churches, families, and in peopleís lives.
You see before that night when he tried to kill me, he or some of his demons had been telling me if I didnít change my preaching they would get me.
Well I have news for the devil and his demons, the God that I serve is able to do what he said he would do in his Word . When we are children of the most high God we are under His protection and Holy angels walk by our side..
No person on earth believer or non believer can every tell me that an angel did not push me out of the way that night and save my life. ( there are other occasions when I have seen holy angels, I will write about them later.
To God be the glory, to our Lord Jesus be the praise. We are loved more than we will ever know.
When our Lord Jesus hung on the cross he broke the devilís back, he gave us the power to thread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. Luke 10:19)
Now are we going to set back and let the devil keep on stealing , killing and destroying. Itís time to rise up saints and fight.
Use the blood, the Word and the mighty name of Jesus to put the devil in his place. Where is his place ,Under our feet
Godís blessings,
Saved 1982 ( Bill)

crossnote
Mar 10th 2010, 11:57 PM
Yes. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
(Heb 1:14)

Kudo Shinichi
Mar 11th 2010, 01:29 AM
Yes. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
(Heb 1:14)
Yup, I still remember the Acts 12:6-11, 2 Kings 6:18, Joshua 5:13-14. I'm not sure about the individual have their own guarding angel since Billy Graham taught about it.
Hebrews 13:2
2Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!
Genesis 18
1The Lord appeared again to Abraham near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day. 2He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground.
3“My lord,” he said, “if it pleases you, stop here for a while. 4Rest in the shade of this tree while water is brought to wash your feet. 5And since you’ve honored your servant with this visit, let me prepare some food to refresh you before you continue on your journey.”
“All right,” they said. “Do as you have said.”
Judges 6:11-22
11Then the angel of the Lord came and sat beneath the great tree at Ophrah, which belonged to Joash of the clan of Abiezer. Gideon son of Joash was threshing wheat at the bottom of a winepress to hide the grain from the Midianites. 12The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!”

13“Sir,” Gideon replied, “if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about? Didn’t they say, ‘The Lord brought us up out of Egypt’? But now the Lord has abandoned us and handed us over to the Midianites.”

14Then the Lord turned to him and said, “Go with the strength you have, and rescue Israel from the Midianites. I am sending you!”
15“But Lord,” Gideon replied, “how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!”

16The Lord said to him, “I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.”
17Gideon replied, “If you are truly going to help me, show me a sign to prove that it is really the Lord speaking to me. 18Don’t go away until I come back and bring my offering to you.”

He answered, “I will stay here until you return.”

19Gideon hurried home. He cooked a young goat, and with a basketa of flour he baked some bread without yeast. Then, carrying the meat in a basket and the broth in a pot, he brought them out and presented them to the angel, who was under the great tree.

20The angel of God said to him, “Place the meat and the unleavened bread on this rock, and pour the broth over it.” And Gideon did as he was told. 21Then the angel of the Lord touched the meat and bread with the tip of the staff in his hand, and fire flamed up from the rock and consumed all he had brought. And the angel of the Lord disappeared.

22When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he cried out, “Oh, Sovereign Lord, I’m doomed! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face!”

ross3421
Mar 11th 2010, 02:25 PM
I believe each body on earth has a coinciding assigned angel in heaven hence the term gaurdian angel. The angels assignment is to be ministering spirit to this POTENTIAL heir of salvation. But how would an angel minister unto us? Indwell us?

Interesting we see these angels are sent forth, where are they sent to?

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Here we see the angels appearing to be in anticipation on who the gospel is being preached..........

1pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Do we see an indwelling at Pentecost?

Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

David Taylor
Mar 11th 2010, 03:11 PM

Bill,
Scripture in many places describes encounters between Angels and humans; and moreso in the olden times prior to the ascension of Christ following the cross and resurrection.

Scripture however, never tells us that we are assigned a guardian angel, or that there is any type of 'angel allotment' for each human being having any determined number of angels.

Most likely why this is so, especially in light of the NT gospel, is because NT Christians do not need angels to accomplish the tasks the Lord has given us.

Jesus said He has given us all power.
Paul tells us that we are more than conquerers through Christ.
The Holy Spirit is completely adequate to teach, instruct, and empower us.

Angels, more often than not by some folks and groups, are turned into mythical beings of sensational lore....sometimes a crutch to help us in our weakness; when in truth, the Lord has already provided us with all the strength and power we need, if we just utilize the sufficient amount of faith He has provided to us. You know, the type of faith that can move mountains? The type of faith that puts Satan behind us? They type of faith that through Christ gives us victory over all the powers of darkness.

So while angels most certainly exist, and it is true God has used them in the past and likely still does in certain situations in the present; there isn't much to the idea that we have or that we need (cause we don't need) one or more guardian angels.

When wondering if I might need a guardian angel, I can boldly say, "no thank you" and quote the reassuring scripture Paul gave to the Roman Christians:

"If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31

If we can accomplish all of that through Christ directly empowering and working in our lives, the angels are fundamentally no more useful to us than are other species of creation like the butterflies, hippos, or pigeons. Yes they all exist, and they all in their own way give glory to God, but none of them particularly render us a service beyond what God has already done directly to us through His Son.

Firefighter
Mar 11th 2010, 03:17 PM
If we do, I am absolutely sure mine has put in for a transfer more than once by now... :lol:

If we can accomplish all of that through Christ directly empowering and working in our lives, the angels are fundamentally no more useful to us than are other species of creation like the butterflies, hippos, or pigeons. Yes they all exist, and they all in their own way give glory to God, but none of them particularly render us a service beyond what God has already done directly to us through His Son.

Why then did God send angels to minister to Jesus himself after the Holy Spirit's appearance at baptism???

David Taylor
Mar 11th 2010, 03:33 PM
Why then did God send angels to minister to Jesus himself after the Holy Spirit's appearance at baptism???

40 days in the desert without anything to drink was pretty parching.

Obviously, they brought the Gatorade.

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 11th 2010, 03:36 PM
I believe each body on earth has a coinciding assigned angel in heaven hence the term gaurdian angel. The angels assignment is to be ministering spirit to this POTENTIAL heir of salvation. But how would an angel minister unto us? Indwell us?

Interesting we see these angels are sent forth, where are they sent to?

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Here we see the angels appearing to be in anticipation on who the gospel is being preached..........

1pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Do we see an indwelling at Pentecost?

Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

there is 'no potential heir of salvation'... with God..

He 'knows' and He Saves.....

'potential'.. sounds like your leaving the issues and merits of salvation up to 'man'...

that is not the Case.. for the merits of it and the issues of it.. belong to Him...

He DOES NOT FAIL... potential is not found in Scripture..

He knows the beginning from the end on every living soul ever created....

there are not guardian angels for 'every living soul'...

a majority of the people have evil and wicked spirits ruling them..

that spirit of disobedience... which drives them, possesses them, harrasses them, vexes them, oppresses them...

these wicked spirits possessing and controlling those unsaved..

their are minsitering spirits sent to the 'heirs' of Salvation'.. not potential....

God doesnt sit in Heaven.. and say.. well just maybe they will believe Me... he/she has got a 60% potential chance of being Saved,... so I'll set a ministering spirit over this 'potential heir of salvation'... nope.... notta......

nope.. with God its Yes and Amen...

He cannot deny Himself..

because its In His Will and Foreknowledge. and the Salvation is Birthed in Heaven..

not with men in religion..

Saved 1982
Mar 11th 2010, 04:11 PM
I know some don't beleive in guardian angels, but I do with all my heart. I have seen mine!
I can describe him to you. I am about six feet tall, and he is much taller than I. He was dressed in a brite shining garment down to his feet. His hair was a golden color and clured up around his ears and his neck. Around his mid-section was a golden slash, and in the slash was a silver sword. What really got me was his eyes, his eyes were piercing, they looked right through you. I could feel the power flowing from him. I know some will think that I have lost it, this man is looney tunes for sure. I have got to the point were I don't care what some think, I know what my Lord has shown me in the spiritual world, since He has called me for spiritual warfare. I have also seen demons on some people.
Yes, I believe every true believing child of God has a guardian angel.
Psalm 34:7, The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
God bless,
Saved 1982 ( Bill)

David Taylor
Mar 11th 2010, 04:22 PM
I know some don't beleive in guardian angels, but I do with all my heart. I have seen mine!
I can describe him to you. I am about six feet tall, and he is much taller than I. He was dressed in a brite shining garment down to his feet. His hair was a golden color and clured up around his ears and his neck. Around his mid-section was a golden slash, and in the slash was a silver sword. What really got me was his eyes, his eyes were piercing, they looked right through you. I could feel the power flowing from him. I know some will think that I have lost it, this man is looney tunes for sure. I have got to the point were I don't care what some think, I know what my Lord has shown me in the spiritual world, since He has called me for spiritual warfare. I have also seen demons on some people.
Yes, I believe every true believing child of God has a guardian angel.
Psalm 34:7, The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
God bless,
Saved 1982 ( Bill)

Quick question:
What benefit does this guardian angel that you've seen give you that is above and beyond what Christ and the Holy Spirit have already given you?

Great that you've seen an angel....but fundamentally, how is that any different than seeing any other created being, whether it be a hippo, or a caterpillar, or an aardvark? I mean God has made many different and varied species in the created order...what particular benefit does seeing one type of created being give you?

Do you think that this guardian angel can protect you from demons if somehow the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit working through you becomes insufficient?

I'm just trying to see the benefit here, beyond what Christ has already empowered us with and provided for us directly through Him that angel is needed for.

crossnote
Mar 12th 2010, 12:02 AM
It should be remembered..yes God can do anything and has no need of angels or humans to help...BUT He so chooses to use means to accomplish His purpose, including using angels and humans.

nzyr
Mar 12th 2010, 04:09 AM

Yes I believe they exist.

roaring tiger
Mar 12th 2010, 05:14 AM
Many parts of scripture attested thar there are angels, but in personnal knowledge i can not confirm it because i had no experience neither encounter one.
I had many experience in my life wherein i encounter death and no angel comes to save me or help me.One incident happen while me and my friends gone
in treasure hunting.While we are climbing a deep ravine witha peak of about thirty meters i acidentally slipped and fell beneath.This happen very fast may be
around five seconds.While i'm falling downward i here a voice that tell me " you're dead" and about a split second another voice commanded me "ye calleth"
It happen almost as fast as a lightning,then unconciuosly i call in the name of the Lord and loud voice comes out of my mouth.suddenly i find myself in the
ground feeling very tired.I touch my arm and when i feel it ,i know i'm still alive and once more i pinch my skin and when i feel it hurting me i jump in joy.
I know there is no angel or no other spiritual being that help me but it is what is written in Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass,that whosoever shall call on the
name of the Lord shall be saved.
In another incident,I suffer a heart attack;when i was brought to the hospital my BP is 80/0 and the doctor has told member of my family to pray for my recovery
and even say that i'm under observation and lucky to last within twenty four hours.Even i was very weak,i remain conciuos and know all things happening in my
surrounding.I then now said to my God.Father, into the hands I commend my spirit and then i fell asleep and woke up after six hours and continue to recover.
This heart attack happen twice in 2006 and 2007 but here I am still here chating with you.Angel, i dunno in God i trust.
thanks and many blessing.
in love of Christ./RT.

ross3421
Mar 14th 2010, 05:59 AM
Scripture however, never tells us that we are assigned a guardian angel, or that there is any type of 'angel allotment' for each human being having any determined number of angels.

Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

"Their" personal pronoun. The verse is indicating these little ones have their own angel in heaven.

Angels, more often than not by some folks and groups, are turned into mythical beings of sensational lore....sometimes a crutch to help us in our weakness;

Angels in scripture are called many times in weakness.

Have you ever thought angels ARE holy spirits themselves. And that the Holy Spirit sends them forth to the heirs of salvation. I mean the Holy Spirit would need to divide itself into all these believers. For example look at the indwelling at Pentecost we see tongues of fire on each of them and then they are filled with the Holy Spirit. Are not angels ministers in a flame of fire?

Surely you can see a connection.

ross3421
Mar 14th 2010, 06:02 AM
there is 'no potential heir of salvation'...

Potential as man is concerned. Everyone has the potentioal.

with God..

Yes if I was speaking from God's point of view then of course.

So settle down a bit.

Scruffy Kid
Mar 15th 2010, 02:37 AM
A Sonnet
(by C.S. Lewis)

Dieu a ťtabli la priŤre pour communiquer ŗ ses creatures la dignitť del la causalitť -- PASCAL
(God has instituted prayer so as to confer upon his creatures the dignity of being causes.)

The Bible say Sennacherib's campaign was spoiled
By angels: in Herodotus it says, by mice --
Innumerably nibbling all one night they toiled
To eat his bowstrings piecemeal as warm wind eats ice.

But muscular archangels, I suggest, employed
Seven little jaws at labour on each slender string,
And by their aid, weak masters though they be, destroyed
The smiling-lipped Assyrian, cruel-bearded king.

No stranger that onmipotence should choose to need
Small helps than great -- no stranger if His action lingers
Till men have prayed, and suffers their weak prayers indeed
To move as very muscles His delaying fingers,

Who, in His longanimity and love for our
Small dignities, enfeebles, for a time, His power.

C.S. Lewis, Poems, "Sonnet",
(1st pub. in Oxford Magazine, May 14, 1936)