PDA

View Full Version : What Would Have Happened?

VerticalReality
Mar 14th 2010, 02:53 AM
Hypothetically speaking, what would have happened to Jesus had He not been crucified?

Would He have eventually died of old age like the rest of us?

Amos_with_goats
Mar 14th 2010, 03:05 AM
No way to tell really.... just thankful that He choose to give Himself for me!

moonglow
Mar 14th 2010, 03:34 AM
Well considering the Jewish leaders were intent on killing Him eventually they would have (though of course Christ allowed this). The thing is though if He hadn't died for our sins...all of us would die in our sins...a terribly frightening thing for sure! And since He was 100% human and a 100% God, I couldn't image Him dying at all (provided no one was trying to kill Him that is).

God bless

My heart's Desire
Mar 14th 2010, 03:44 AM
It was prophesied to have happen so it did, but possible Israel could have recognized Him as their Messiah and the Kingdom age on earth would begin. Some wanted to make Him King so one cannot rule out that this could not have happened. But we know since it was prophecied and He did do what the prophecies said there really wasn't gonna happen anything else. Soooo. I agree with Moonglow. Plus, it had to have happened because if it didn't, that would have kind of made God as telling a lie and if so there would be no faith and no Christianity. How could anyone have believed someone who could not be trusted?

LookingUp
Mar 14th 2010, 06:26 AM
Hypothetically speaking, what would have happened to Jesus had He not been crucified?

Would He have eventually died of old age like the rest of us?If He had not been crucified, I believe He still would have died for our sins one way or another. He had to be "pierced through" and "crushed" in some way (Isa. 53:5), He had to be "scourged" in some way (Isa. 5:6), and He had to be "led to slaughter like a lamb" in some way (Isa. 53:7). I don't know that crucifixion had to be the way, but it seems He had to die if God wanted this prophecy to come to pass.

ross3421
Mar 14th 2010, 06:35 AM

Would He have eventually died of old age like the rest of us?

NO!!!!

Sin brings forth death and no sin was in Christ. This is why he first had to take upon himself the sins of the world before he died. And also why he had to VOLUNTARILY give up his life because he could not die.

VerticalReality
Mar 14th 2010, 09:59 AM
NO!!!!

Sin brings forth death and no sin was in Christ. This is why he first had to take upon himself the sins of the world before he died. And also why he had to VOLUNTARILY give up his life because he could not die.

This is basically what I was getting at. I understand that Jesus had to die, and I understand that He had to be crushed for our iniquity. I understand that He had to be raised again, and this was all a part of His plan.

In this case I am only speaking in hypotheticals. The fact that it is the wages of sin that brings forth death, I can't imagine that Jesus would have ever physically died had He not taken upon Himself the sins of the world and been crucified on that tree. He was without sin of any kind. He was completely perfect; the spotless Lamb slain before the foundations of the earth. It was His assignment to be nailed to a cross. However, had that not been so He never would have tasted death. I believe He would have lived and lived forever physically . . .

JohnDB
Mar 14th 2010, 10:56 AM
Hyposthetically all of creation would have been undone.

Because Jesus is God in a man's body.

And what all of this would mean is that God wouldn't be Holy Holy Holy...

Nor Omnipotent
Nor Omniscient

and all of creation...as well as God himself would have ceased to exist....

God speaks all truth...and if one lie is discovered (doesn't matter if it is discovered or not it just has to exist) then God is a liar and not worthy of our praise. So....everything in the world that He created would vanish in the twinkling of an eye.

There were some 1400 + prophesies concerning Jesus...When He would come, who He would be, what he would do, and what He would look like. (I haven't seen one correct pic yet)

Jesus fulfilled them all....every single last one of them.
Wasn't possible for him not to be at that time, place, circumstances, world history events, and cultural norms and still be the One that God had promised all the way back at the beginning.

VerticalReality
Mar 14th 2010, 11:10 AM
Hyposthetically all of creation would have been undone.

Because Jesus is God in a man's body.

And what all of this would mean is that God wouldn't be Holy Holy Holy...

Nor Omnipotent
Nor Omniscient

and all of creation...as well as God himself would have ceased to exist....

God speaks all truth...and if one lie is discovered (doesn't matter if it is discovered or not it just has to exist) then God is a liar and not worthy of our praise. So....everything in the world that He created would vanish in the twinkling of an eye.

There were some 1400 + prophesies concerning Jesus...When He would come, who He would be, what he would do, and what He would look like. (I haven't seen one correct pic yet)

Jesus fulfilled them all....every single last one of them.
Wasn't possible for him not to be at that time, place, circumstances, world history events, and cultural norms and still be the One that God had promised all the way back at the beginning.

I understand what you're saying; however, I still believe you are missing the point of this thread. The point of this thread is pointed toward the role of sin and how it brings death. The point is that Jesus had no sin; therefore, if He wouldn't have taken on the sin of the world His death would have never taken place. He was incorruptible and without anything that could bring about death in Him of any sort . . . whether it be physically or spiritually. The only way for Him to die was to have the sins of the world placed upon Him. Had this not taken place He would have never physically died.

That is the point of this thread. Everyone here should be aware that Jesus was going to die on that cross because that was God's plan and His word declared it. That is not the point or issue in this thread. The point here is the effects of sin and whether or not Jesus would have experienced death had the sins of the world not been placed upon Him.

What this thread is intended to have us thinking about is why we die and why we experience corruption.

divaD
Mar 14th 2010, 03:20 PM
The fact that it is the wages of sin that brings forth death, I can't imagine that Jesus would have ever physically died had He not taken upon Himself the sins of the world and been crucified on that tree. He was without sin of any kind. . .

Here's a question then. Why is that infants sometimes die? What sins did they commit?

VerticalReality
Mar 14th 2010, 07:31 PM
Here's a question then. Why is that infants sometimes die? What sins did they commit?

Romans 5:17-19
For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

I believe we are born into sin and corruption . . .

We are born into a law of sin and death.

ross3421
Mar 15th 2010, 07:33 AM
Amen VR.........In reality this should be common knowledge to the Christian.