PDA

View Full Version : We need god's protection!

Saved 1982
Mar 14th 2010, 07:23 PM
ďUNDER GODíS PROTECTIONĒ
What got me to thinking about writing this was, the horrible, tragic thing that happened to the young lady who was jogging. I read about this on the prayer section on the Forum.
Now I know what I am about to write will be milk for some of the older Christians in here, but it may be there are some new Christians here to need to hear this. I feel in my heart that as we grow in our Lord, we need to help the younger Christians to grow and we can help them with the mistakes we have made, so they wonít make the same mistakes, and also teach them what our Lord has taught us by the Holy Spirit. ( speaking of mistakes, please forgive me for my grammar, and spelling as I write these articles, I donít know good English, or how to spell, but I do know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of mankind.)
Job`:8-10, And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in him earth, a perfect and upright man, one that feareth God, and eschewed evil? 9, Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? 10, Hast thou not , made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Iím sure all know the story of Job, but the part I wonít to write about is the hedge of protection that God had about Job and all he owned.
A long time ago when I read the book of Job. I asked our Lord about the hedge of protection? When I first got saved I mean I asked our Lord many, many questions everyday, I must say He does have patience with His children, He never told me to be quite, you talk to much and asks to many questions.
I said my Lord how can I have this hedge of protection about me, my family, and everything you have put into my hands?
When I asked the question, the Holy Spirit quickened the scripture into my mind from James 4:2, Ye have not, because ye ask not.
I said, you mean I can ask for this hedge of protection and you will put it about my family, me and all that you have put into my hands? His answer was yes.
So when I said my prayers each day or even during the day if the Holy Spirit revealed to me that someone in my family needed an hedge of protection from God about them, I would pray and ask.
How would I ask? I would pray and say, heavenly Father I come to you in the holy name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Father I feel in my spirit, that your Holy Spirit has reveled to me that ( their name) needs your hedge of protection about them this day, to protect them, to keep them safe from harm. I ask you my Father to please put your hedge of protection about them and seal it in the holy blood of Jesus Christ my Lord. In Jesus holy name I ask. Amen.
Now as an example what I am talking about praying for the hedge of protection from our Lord.
After I learned about the hedge of protection and how to have it, our two older children were teenagers, still in high school. They both had cars. On Saturday nights they both wanted to go out and be with friends. Now my wife and I both laid the law down to them, all you parents know what I am talking about here. They were not to go out of the town we lived close to, and they had to be home at a certain time.
We love our kids with all our hearts, but when they are away form us, sometimes kids will be kids. So on Saturday nights when they were getting ready to go out, Dad ( me) was out on my knees in the gravel anointing their cars with oil and asking our Lord to put an hedge of protection about my children and their cars, and to seal this hedge of protection with the precious blood of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now I didnít find this out until several months later. One day my daughter said, Dad I need to talk to you about something. She said I disobeyed you one Saturday night and I went out of town. A friend of mine wanted me to take her to her DadĎs house, ( now she lived in another town about 10 miles away, as her parents were divorced and living apart) she said I told her I couldnít go anywhere out of town, but I let her talk me into it. She said I was going to be late getting home and knew I would be in trouble with you and mother, so I was driving real fast.
She said I went around a sharp curve and my car left the highway and there was a deep drop off on that side of the road. She looked at me and said, Dad, I donít understand it, but I know it had to be God, when the car left the highway and on the way down the car floated and landed so soft on the wheels I never felt it touch the ground. She said then I drove back upon the highway and came home.
She said, this I know, it taught mea lesson and I will obey you and mother form now on. I was setting there praising our Lord inside my heart, giving God glory inside my heart, but of course I had to be stern with her. I had to give her a lesson on not obeying us and what could happen.
I knew what it was, it was Godís loving protection and He had put an hedge about her and the car.
I give our Lord Jesus all the praise, our heavenly Father all the glory, all I did was anoint the car with oil and pray, they did the rest.
So many times while driving down highways I have been warned about trouble before it ever happened. One time while driving from Texas to North Carolina on the interstate highway, I heard a small still voice tell me, slow down, be careful, there is a drunk driver five many miles down the road, be very careful there will be a bad wreck. Sure enough on down the road there was a bad wreck with six cars involved.
While driving home from work one day I heard the small still voice tell me, be careful, drive slow, a mile down the road a deer will run across the highway. Sure enough about a mile down the highway I saw a deer coming across a filed, it jumped the fence and darted across the highway, I was going slow enough to avoid an accident.
There are so many things our Lord has warned me about to keep my family, property and everything safe. I know itís all because I pray and ask our heavenly Father for his hedge of protection about us, sealed in the precious blood of Jesus Christ our Lord.
I believe everyone knows we are living in the perilous times ( dangerous times) Paul spoke of in 2 Timothy 3:1.) With all the school shootings, with all the drunk drivers on the highways, and so many on drugs, we never know what will happen when we leave our homes.
My wife and I have got to the point were we hardly ever watch the news on TV anymore. Itís all bad news, shootingís, murders, drug bust, drunk drivers, rape of older women in their 70ís ,80ís and older. ( there is a rapist who has raped several older women in their 70ís, 80ís and older in an area about 40 miles from where we live. I pray that they catch this predator. I would love to be on the jury.
Another example of being under Godís protection. ( the writing below is not as dark print as this. I wrote whatís below quite a while ago and emailed it to someone.)
My daughter-in-law works in a office at a aluminum making plant. One of the workers in the union that works out in the plant was given disciplinary action and sent home in the morning. That afternoon he drove his pickup past the guard gate at the entrance of the plant. and down to the offices were my daughter-in-law works. Workers are not allowed to drive inside the plant without the guards permission. He got out of his pickup with a shotgun and walked into the office right next to my daughter-in-lawĎs. She could hear the man yelling and swearing at the man that works in the office, so she went in there, then she saw the gun.. He then pointed the gun towards her then he raised the gun and shot through the ceiling.
Since the man didnít stop at the guard gate one of the guards followed him down there, and started talking to the man, the guard had known the man for a long time. The man had been drinking and said he was going to kill some people. Thank God for that guard ,he keep talking to the man about his family and what he was throwing away. The man was 42 years old and had a wife and children, finally after a long time he laid the gun on the floor.
When the sheriff got there he found a deer rifle in the pickup, plus the man had a pocket full of shells for the deer rifle and shells for the shotgun and rifle in the pickup so he was ready for a standoff.
Bless her heart, my daughter-in -law is young, quite ,and a very sweet person, needless to say she was very shaken by all this, but her faith is strong .
I want to say this, I pray everyday for our Father in heaven to put a hedge of protection about my wife, children, grandchildren and other loved ones, and seal it in the precious blood of Jesus.. I believe with all my heart God used the guard to change this manís mind .I shudder to think what could have happened if no prayers had been sent to God for the hedge of protection. We hear quite often these days of someone getting fired or disciplinary action on a job and they go back there shooting and killing people.
I thank God with all my heart for His protection and for saving our daughter -in-law.
Itís so very important to pray, we are living in a day where a trip to the corner store could mean death.
Pray for your loved ones, ask God to put that hedge of protection about them daily, and also on you.. If no one is praying for others, what can God do?
I take no credit for this except I prayed, our heavenly Father and our precious Master Jesus did the protecting so to them go all the Praise and the Glory.
We need to be and must be under Godís protection each and every day. We must pray and ask our heavenly Father daily for His protection for our wives, husbands, children, grand children , etc, etc.
Someone may say, well when we got saved I thought we just come under His protection. This may be true in some cases, such as Job. As for me, He has taught me to pray and ask for it, so I do.
God said Job was perfect and an upright man and none like him in earth. ( Job 1:8)
I try to be perfect, and upright, but I Ďm afraid I fall short of what Job was, so I pray and ask God for His hedge of protection for my family and me daily.
It is so bad now days, for a young lady to go jogging and never return home, itís so sad, so very sad. O, I pray that we might all learn to pray and ask for Godís hedge of protection about our families and us. We all need it so badly.
God bless,
Saved 1982 ( Bill)

roaring tiger
Mar 15th 2010, 08:03 AM
Hi!!!Saved 1982 greetings;
Bill,here is my share for you;Ps.28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;my heart trusted in him,and Iam helped: therefore my heart rejoiceth:and with my song will I praise him.
Is.54:13:17 And all he children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of the children.
v.14)In righteousness shall thou be establish: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear;and from terror: for it shall not come near thee.
v.15) Behold,they shall surely gather together,but not by me: whosoever gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
V.16) Behold ,I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have creat ed the waster to destroy.
v.17) No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn.This the heritage of the servants of the
Lord, and their righteousness is of me,saith the Lord.
John 17:11-12 And now I am no more in the world,but these are in the world,and I come to thee.Holy Father,keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me,and they
may be one,as we are.
v.12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in the name:those that gavest me I have kept, and none of those is lost but the son of perdition;that scripture might be fullfilled.
Thanks and many blessing.
in love of Christ./RT.