PDA

View Full Version : Study of the stages of salvation we go through

moonglow
Mar 15th 2010, 02:20 PM
I have been wanting to do a study on this for a long time in hopes it will help me understand the process I went through in being saved and to help others too. I know only a little bit about this..for instance justification, regeneration and so forth..can others help with this? Please include scriptures. Thanks

God bless

BadDog
Mar 15th 2010, 02:46 PM
I have been wanting to do a study on this for a long time in hopes it will help me understand the process I went through in being saved and to help others too. I know only a little bit about this..for instance justification, regeneration and so forth..can others help with this? Please include scriptures. Thanks

God blessHello moonglow. It's been a long time.

Well, you might want to research what is referred to as the "ordo salutis" ("order of salvation.") Calvinists have a different order than Arminians. This is looking at a logical order, BTW, not necessarily in time.

I also suggest www.bible.org

BD

moonglow
Mar 15th 2010, 02:56 PM
Hello moonglow. It's been a long time.

Well, you might want to research what is referred to as the "ordo salutis" ("order of salvation.") Calvinists have a different order than Arminians. This is looking at a logical order, BTW, not necessarily in time.

I also suggest www.bible.org

BD

I did a search and saw at least that might be involved. :( I am not a Calvinists though. I was hoping for straight scriptures, not church doctines. I went to that site but I didn't see anything about this..not sure where to look..

And yea, long time no see...where you been?

God bless

Crosstalk
Mar 16th 2010, 03:01 AM
I always thought that you hear the Gospel (Rom. 1:16-17; 10:11-15), believe and put your faith and trust in Jesus' finished work on the cross and His resurrection
and then you are saved. All of the justification, regeneration and imputed righteousness happen all at once. Rom. 8:30; Acts 16:3-31

Saved by faith:

Eph. 1:13; 2:8-9
Gal. 2:16; 3:2,11-14,22; 5:4-6
Matt. 9:2; 21:31-32
Luke 7:50
John 3:16, 18, 36; 5:24; 6:40, 47; 11:25,26
Acts 10:43; 11:14-17; 13:39; 16:30-31; 26:18
Romans 1:16-17; 3:20-28; 4:1-6; 5:1-2; 5; 5-11; 9:30-33; 10:9-10, 13
Phil. 3:9
2 Tim. 3:15
1 Pet. 2:6
1 John 5:12-13

BadDog
Mar 16th 2010, 08:23 PM
I did a search and saw at least that might be involved. :( I am not a Calvinists though. I was hoping for straight scriptures, not church doctines. I went to that site but I didn't see anything about this..not sure where to look..

And yea, long time no see...where you been?

God bless
I'm a teacher now, and have little time during the school year. :D But I love it.

I am not a Calvinist either. But just thought you might want to look at what some people say regarding the logical timing of it all. You can do a search on it. It has literally thousands of articles - in depth ones - written by seminary profs. Best site on the Inet IMO for detailed studies.

Take care,

BD

Beckrl
Mar 17th 2010, 02:01 AM

God bless

I'm not to sure what you are after, but here's how my church put it;

REPENTANCE
The presence and work of the Holy Spirit in the world and upon the human heart through the gospel of Jesus
Christ (John 16:8–11) brings CONVICTION, an awareness and acknowled gement of sin against God and
the need to confess that guilt with Godly sorrow (2 Corinthians 7:10). In short, repentance means not only
being sorry for sin, but a turning from and forsaking the old life (sin habits) for a new walk by faith in God
through the Holy Spirit and in company with the people of God (Acts 2:42). The result of repentance is
salvation, a work that is both instantaneous (new birth—John 3:3–8) and life-inclusive, beginning with the
giving of new life by the Holy Spirit to the believer and climaxing with a glorifi ed body (Hebrews 9:28; Mark
1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19). Repentance results in Justifi cation, Regeneration, or what is called the “Born
Again” experience as explained below.

JUSTIFICATION
“Therefore being justifi ed by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also
we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God”
(Romans 5:1, 2). Justifi cation is both a state and an act: On the part of the repentant one, it is the state of
being without offense toward God. On God’s part, it is His act in forgiving the actual sins for which one has
repented and declaring the individual accepted in a new relationship. The individual is said to be justifi ed
by faith in Jesus Christ; that is, one’s sins are covered (atoned for), and God no longer holds that person
accountable for those sins. New spiritual life has begun (2 Corinthians 5:17), a beginning sometimes referred
to as “Regeneration.”

REGENERATION/BORN AGAIN
Regeneration describes the work of God in providing new spiritual life in the believer. Human beings without Christ
are “dead in trespasses and sins” (Ephesians 2:1) and must be made alive or regenerated through the Holy
Spirit (Titus 3:5). This giving of new spiritual life through Jesus Christ enables right relationships with God,
the ability to worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24), and is simultaneous with Justifi cation (previous
page). It is God’s gracious act to rekindle the spiritual life lost in Adam (1 Corinthians 15:22) so one may
now walk after the Spirit and not after the fl esh (Romans 8:1–11). Accordingly, the individual is said to
be “Born Again” or born of God (1 John 5:1). In responding to the double question of Nicodemus,
“How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again of water and of the Spirit, he
cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:4, 5). To be born again, then, is to become a new creation in
Christ, a child of God, justifi ed and regenerated as a result of true repentance and faith in the fi nished work
of Jesus Christ. There is no other way to enter the kingdom. This entrance into a new life of discipleship to Christ
(Acts 2:42) engages the believer in actively seeking more of God, fellowshipping and worshipping with God’s
people, and intentionally obeying God’s Word as the believer learns how to “possess his vessel (whole body)
in sanctifi cation and honour” (1 Thessalonians 4:4).

SANCTIFICATION
Sanctification, like salvation, ultimately spans the entire life of the believer. Initially, it is a work of
grace subsequent to being justifi ed, regenerated, or born again. It is an instantaneous work, which
both sets one apart for God (1 Corinthians 1:2) and crucifi es and cleanses the old nature, enabling the
believer to be free from the dominant rule of sin: “Knowing this, that our old man is crucifi ed with
him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For, he that is
dead is freed from sin” (Romans 6:6, 7). “And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are
sanctifi ed, but ye are justifi ed in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians
6:11). This dethroning of the old nature, this cleansing, this setting apart, places upon the believer
the scriptural demand to “mortify the deeds of the body” through the Spirit (Romans 8:12, 13) and
to “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication [sexual immorality],
uncleanness, inordinate [abnormal] affection, evil concupiscence [desire for earthly things], and
covetousness, which is idolatry” (Colossians 3:5). Second Peter 3:17, 18 further encourages growth
in God’s grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ: “Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these
things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your
own steadfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” There is then in sanctifi cation, a responsibility on the
part of the believer to “put off” some habits and practices, and to “put on” others, which means
there must be intentionality to holiness (Ephesians 4:22–32). Sanctifi cation empowers us against
sin’s control; the believer responds with a renewed mind to be transformed into the image of Christ
(Romans 12:1, 2) and to be holy in life and conduct (2 Corinthians 7:1).

I would have to say we have increased our knowledge and understanding of these principles.

JLM Lives
Mar 17th 2010, 04:52 AM
Well moonglow sorry that I'm not too quick with scripture, but I believe Bekrl is correct. as for me I see it as
1. justification
2. sanctification
3. Babtism of the Holy Spirit

maybe it;s referenced in some cultic simulation which I'm sure someone will point out. but I assure you it's just me.

roaring tiger
Mar 17th 2010, 05:28 AM

God bless

Hi!!!Sistermoonglow greetings;
Please accept my humble share;Job 8:7 Though the beginning was small,yet the latter end should greatly increased.
Mark 4:30-32 And he said,Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God?or with what comparison shall we compare it?
v.31) It is like a grain of mustard seed,which,when it is sown in the earth,is lest than al the seeds that be in the earth:
v.32)But when it is sown,it groweth up,and becometh greater than all herbs,and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air
lodge under the shadow if it.The seed is word of God Luke 8:11,engrafted word James 1:21,Incorruptible seed by the word of God,which liveth
and abideth forever.Acts 12:24 But the word of God grew and multiplied.So,it with the stage of our salvation,it must grew until the completeness of the body of Christ.
Thanks and many blessing.
in love of Christ./RT.