PDA

View Full Version : The beauty within.

TruthFaith
Mar 18th 2010, 04:28 AM
Hello Everyone. I haven't been confident with who I am as of lately. I look in the mirror and think I am beautiful but I ask myself if I'm the most beautiful person in the world. And I can't fully understand it- what makes something beautiful to me, but all I know is that I want to be perfect-perfect skin, perfect teeth, hair etc.

And sometimes I wonder if beauty is about having the largest features-lips, eyes, ears, nose etc. But that we can't control can we?

I don't. Its late and I'm probably blabbering on.

So I just need inner peace with who I am and what beauty is.

Frecs
Mar 18th 2010, 04:19 PM
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)

Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. (Eze 28:17)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. (1 Peter 3:3-4)

True beauty is not how white your teeth are, the make-up and jewelry you wear, or the designer clothes. True beauty is not your bust/waist/hip size. It's not about the perfect skin or hair, it about who you are on the inside.

jayne
Mar 18th 2010, 04:57 PM
I look in the mirror and think I am beautiful but I ask myself if I'm the most beautiful person in the world. And I can't fully understand it- what makes something beautiful to me, but all I know is that I want to be perfect-perfect skin, perfect teeth, hair etc.

So I just need inner peace with who I am and what beauty is.

Sister, sister - you and I need to have a little chat.

Let me just shoot from the hip.

Your inner peace will NEVER come from the way that you look. You want perfect skin. Well, let's say that you get it. You will just obsess about something else if perfection is driving you.

Get your perfect teeth? It won't make you happy for long if you are declaring your inner peace to be controlled by your strive for perfection because something ELSE will just come to your attention!

Let me just tell you how it REALLY is. The Bible says this in Proverbs 31.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

Lets look at that verse. The Bible says that beauty is fleeting. You know what that means? It means that free radicals attack our DNA and we age and decay.

One day, every woman will wake and find crow's feet around her eyes, life lines around her mouth and that little "jiggle" in the tum-tum. She will instantly recall her history lesson and the Roman Empire falling because her ta-tas have fallen too! Her hair will turn gray, her lips will no longer retain a vibrant color, and her body fat that used to make these luscious curves around her hips have now shifted to where she SITS! Her skin isn't a vibrant as it used to be and her bones are weakened and her shoulders stoop a little.

But the man who loves her - her life's partner will not notice too much. And he won't say anything. His love for her isn't based on her looking like a Barbie doll.

And her children will still love her and call her blessed. All the people who mean something to her will still love her.

All of her interests and hobbies in the world will still be important and she will also develop new ones.

Life will be GRANDER than she ever knew could be possible!

As for rest of the world who is scrambling with nips, tucks, waxes, shaves, cuts, and tanning salons to LOOK like Barbie - who cares!! This woman, this woman who is aging won't CARE. In fact, she will look at all the men and women driving themselves mad to be physcially perfect and she will feel a little sad for them all.

Why? Because her life - JUST LIKE IT IS - is so very fulfilling.

Physical perfection will come to mean less and less to you as you age. You will be happier and have that true inner peace if you start letting it mean less and less to you now. That's a promise - from me, to you.

We all need to take care of ourselves to be fit and healthy. But to put yourself into a tizzy because you are not the most beautiful woman in the world and have your looks grieve your inner peace is NOT healthy.

You know what Jesus said about beautiful women? The woman who washed His feet with her tears - He said, "She has done a beautiful thing to Me."

The Bible is full of references that outer and superficial looks are NOT what makes the man or the woman.

You are young and live in a generation that has the world SCREAMING at you that physical perfection is the only thing that will bring peace and contentment. No other generation like yours has been so bombarded with this lie from the Father of Lies.

Here's what you can do right now.

Stay fit and stay healthy and focus on the needs of others. Paul said in Philippians that we are to focus on the needs of others. I think it takes our minds off of the worries that consume us about ourselves.

I'm praying for you! :hug:

daughter
Mar 18th 2010, 05:04 PM
Beauty is utterly fleeting. If you were perfectly beautiful, you'd still age and lose that beauty. When I was younger I was very concerned about the way I looked. Not enough to put on makeup, but enough that I always felt ugly. I look back at pictures of me then, and realise that I was in fact very pretty, in an old fashioned kind of way. I never knew it then, and if I had known it could have made me miserable.

My advice is think on the scriptures our sisters have posted here, and remember that the only beauty which lasts is that beauty which God places in our hearts. He loves you, and that makes you beautiful. Rest in Him.

Abigaill
Apr 16th 2010, 08:46 AM
To me it is simplicity that makes something beautiful. By simplicity I mean that nothing has to be added to it to have it perceived as beautiful. The only examples I can think of are a woman with no makeup that is still intriguing, a waterfall, a black and white photo, or even a race car without a paint job. Things that just are what they are.

lovex
Apr 17th 2010, 01:58 PM
Sister, sister - you and I need to have a little chat.

Let me just shoot from the hip.

Your inner peace will NEVER come from the way that you look. You want perfect skin. Well, let's say that you get it. You will just obsess about something else if perfection is driving you.

Get your perfect teeth? It won't make you happy for long if you are declaring your inner peace to be controlled by your strive for perfection because something ELSE will just come to your attention!

Let me just tell you how it REALLY is. The Bible says this in Proverbs 31.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

Lets look at that verse. The Bible says that beauty is fleeting. You know what that means? It means that free radicals attack our DNA and we age and decay.

One day, every woman will wake and find crow's feet around her eyes, life lines around her mouth and that little "jiggle" in the tum-tum. She will instantly recall her history lesson and the Roman Empire falling because her ta-tas have fallen too! Her hair will turn gray, her lips will no longer retain a vibrant color, and her body fat that used to make these luscious curves around her hips have now shifted to where she SITS! Her skin isn't a vibrant as it used to be and her bones are weakened and her shoulders stoop a little.

But the man who loves her - her life's partner will not notice too much. And he won't say anything. His love for her isn't based on her looking like a Barbie doll.

And her children will still love her and call her blessed. All the people who mean something to her will still love her.

All of her interests and hobbies in the world will still be important and she will also develop new ones.

Life will be GRANDER than she ever knew could be possible!

As for rest of the world who is scrambling with nips, tucks, waxes, shaves, cuts, and tanning salons to LOOK like Barbie - who cares!! This woman, this woman who is aging won't CARE. In fact, she will look at all the men and women driving themselves mad to be physcially perfect and she will feel a little sad for them all.

Why? Because her life - JUST LIKE IT IS - is so very fulfilling.

Physical perfection will come to mean less and less to you as you age. You will be happier and have that true inner peace if you start letting it mean less and less to you now. That's a promise - from me, to you.

We all need to take care of ourselves to be fit and healthy. But to put yourself into a tizzy because you are not the most beautiful woman in the world and have your looks grieve your inner peace is NOT healthy.

You know what Jesus said about beautiful women? The woman who washed His feet with her tears - He said, "She has done a beautiful thing to Me."

The Bible is full of references that outer and superficial looks are NOT what makes the man or the woman.

You are young and live in a generation that has the world SCREAMING at you that physical perfection is the only thing that will bring peace and contentment. No other generation like yours has been so bombarded with this lie from the Father of Lies.

Here's what you can do right now.

Stay fit and stay healthy and focus on the needs of others. Paul said in Philippians that we are to focus on the needs of others. I think it takes our minds off of the worries that consume us about ourselves.

I'm praying for you! :hug:

you brought a smile to my face....thank you.

JesusMySavior
May 20th 2010, 04:30 AM
You'd be surprised, but speaking as a guy, i deal with those problems too. Especially after you lose/break up with a g/f and feel inferior about finding another one and attribute it to your physical appearance, like you're not attractive enough. When it goes to the gut level it becomes an obsession almost and you battle with inferiority and insignificance. That's not where God wants us to be! I have friends (both guys and gals) that say I'm a very handsome guy and that might make me feel good for a little while but it only adds fuel to my pride and this perfection, not to my spirit!!

True inner peace comes from being accepted by the beloved for who He created you to be as a WHOLE, not your exterior. You know exactly how it goes, you can see the cover of a magazine with a beautiful actress that has it all and yet now she's gone through her fourth divorce and is popping pills and in treatment. You tell me where the contentment is there!

I don't know what you look like and I don't really care - but I know that you are fearfully, carefully, constructed by God's Craftsmanship hands - and there is not a single thing wrong with you. God loves you just the way you are and the only thing you need to make you better is more of Him.

Have a blessed day. :)