PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Most encouraging Scripture verses?

Crosstalk
Mar 26th 2010, 10:01 PM
What are some of your favorite encouraging Scripture verses?

For spreading the Gospel I like Psalm 126:5-6.

For needs I like Phil. 4:19

For Heaven I like 1 Cor. 2:9 :pp

Freek
Mar 26th 2010, 10:06 PM
How do you use these scriptures?

Crosstalk
Mar 26th 2010, 10:19 PM
Well, as some of you know I have been praying and witnessing to a friend named Suzanne. I would literally weep when praying for her and I'm worried about
her future destination. I read a Psalm a day and when I was read Psalm 126 God spoke to me through verses 5-6 which say:

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed (the Word of God), shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."

I rejoiced as God spoke to me through His Word concerning her.

These are all promises of God. The last verse shows me that Heaven is so magnificent that the human mind can't even comprehend the magnitude of it. That verse should
thrill the heart of every believer. Paul quotes an OT verse here but since he was there and back he affirmed this verse for us.

miepie
Mar 26th 2010, 10:27 PM
2 Cor. 12:9-10
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Love you lots,
Mieke :kiss:

JohnDB
Mar 26th 2010, 10:47 PM
Upon this rock I will build my church....

And I will give you the keys to the kingdom...

Neither...but as commander of the Lord's Army I have now come.

Our battle is not with flesh and blood but spirits and powers and principalities.

Not by strenght, Not by Power nor by might...but my Spirit....do not rue the day of small things.

Freek
Mar 26th 2010, 10:54 PM
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. :D

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 26th 2010, 11:14 PM
Theres never a problem TOO BIG for God Himself...: amen...

Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle [is] the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.

crossnote
Mar 27th 2010, 01:06 AM
Jesus wept. Jn 11:35
Literally 'burst into tears'.
Though God, He truly identified with our sorrow and grief, revealing His true humanity...
quite comforting.

Servant89
Mar 28th 2010, 11:10 PM
2 Tim 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
2 Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

SHALOM

teddyv
Mar 29th 2010, 07:29 PM
Personal favourite:

Habakkuk 3:17-18.
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

notuptome
Mar 29th 2010, 08:20 PM
Proverbs 27:7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb, but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Gulah Papyrus
Mar 29th 2010, 10:30 PM
"As thy days, so shall thy strength be" - Deuteronomy 33:25.

...a promise that I lean on each and every day of my life.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0210.htm - A wonderful sermon on this verse from the great Charlie Spurgeon.

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 29th 2010, 10:36 PM
Proverbs:

When a man's ways please the LORD, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

miepie
Mar 29th 2010, 10:53 PM
Psalm 30:1-12
A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David.
I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. [2] O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. [3] O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. [4] Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. [5] For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. [6] And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. [7] Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. [8] I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication. [9] What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? [10] Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper. [11] Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; [12] To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Love you lots,
Mieke :kiss: