PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problems?

NobleSavage
Mar 30th 2010, 03:46 AM
Does anyone hear have problems of the nature of falling asleep while reading the Bible? I have set and alarm on my phone, so that every night at 8:30, I get a message reminding me to read. Sometimes I don't get around to it, but when I do I find the majority of the the time is spent with my head nodding. It disappoints me that I will go to bed with no memory of anything I had read that night. :(

Does anyone else experience these problems? Do you have any suggestions for overcoming this problem? I have baseball right after school, and usually don't get home until 6:30 or 7:00. After dinner and homework, their is very little time to get into the Word. Any ideas are welcome, I really need to get back into a regular reading schedule.

Thanks,

NobleSavage

crossnote
Mar 30th 2010, 04:49 AM
Please don't take me wrong as many have this problem. It seems you have a deeper problem and that is that you have to 'be reminded' by alarm to read your bible.
Now is the bible kinda a chore? A little boring? Same ol same ol? As the old saying goes, 'familiarity breeds contempt'. The only antidote to our lukewarmness (that we may fall deeply in love with our Savior again) that I know, is to go to God confessing and praying that he would ignite a passion in our hearts, a 'first-love' sort of speak until His Word becomes a want to and not 'a have to'. Hope this helps.

p.s. I'll bet if it was a girlfriend/boyfriend that you really loved that you were to see at 8:30, you would need no alarm and there would be no nodding off.

Dravenhawk
Mar 31st 2010, 03:41 AM
I read my Bible in the morning before I start work I arrive about 30 minutes early and read for about 20. I also crack open my Bible at break time as well. If I am having a troubled night I will sometimes read out of the Bible somehow Gods word has a way of calming a troubled mind. A friend told me that if you read the scriptures out loud you get more of a boost by bringing fourth Gods word by speaking it.

Dravenhawk

subarctic_guy
Apr 1st 2010, 08:53 AM
it just sounds like you're tired. you are busy running all day long and are exhausted at night. Get a good bible in MP3 and listen to it throughout the day instead of trying to read when your already whipped from a long day. I got the new living translation mp3 cds from amazon.