PDA

View Full Version : Business as usual will no longer cut it....

BruceG
Apr 24th 2010, 04:44 PM
Brothers and sisters in Christ, the 36th chapter of Ezekiel is perhaps one of the most currently prophetic discourses in the entire Bible. Here we see God proclaim the coming of the new covenant and what it would do for us in our lives and why we would need to walk in its benefits.

I will not quote it except in part. But may I recommend reading it start to finish to get the real feel for what God is telling us at the end of this age?

The first shocking thing is that He tells His people that we have blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone, and when asked how we do so, he said because we boast proudly to the world:

"We are the people of the Lord- look at us as an example of what God will do for you.”

This is painful to write and please understand there are many exceptions, thank God, but for the vast majority of Christians, especially in western churches, the shoe fits, and exceptionally well. Please note-

Overall, we are not walking in true liberty, our flesh has not been defeated, sin still grips the hearts of most, we have the exact same divorce statistics as the world, we hunger after materialism exactly as the world does, our hearts are rooted here in this kingdom rather than us walking as strangers and pilgrims in this life, we are lacking any real joy, we talk a good talk but our walks cannot keep up. We are splintered, judgmental, carnal Christians who no longer cross land or sea to bring people to Christ at any cost to us personally, but rather we construct elaborate “bushel baskets” that make it uncomfortable for any down and outer to even approach and then have the audacity to say "We are what God desires for you."

We talk about Christ returning yet our prayer closets are empty, and oftentimes, even as our own children, our friends, our neighbors remain lost and hell-bound, we still don't labor in prayer for their souls. We are not a holy people, a happy people or a harmonious people. We have constructed a religious system that is a far cry from what Christ had in mind for His bride when he laid down His life for us on Calvary.

We are, to put it bluntly, hypocrites, and the world sees it and those in it who are truly hungry for someone to show them the way to find light and meaning in life, avoid us like the plague, not because of the fact that our preaching is foolishness to them, but because our lives are. We pride ourselves in drawing near Him with our lips but our hearts are far from Him, as we are more interested, in fashion, what is on TV, sports teams, politics, anything but extending His kingdom.

Whether or not we want to admit it yet, yes, we have indeed blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone. Not since the book of Acts has the church truly walked in light. God knew this would happen and as Paul said, he was well aware that grievous wolves would come in, not sparing the flock.

We now have a church that winks at sin, that continues in it without our hearts being broken over it, we serve a Jesus who saves us in our sins rather than from them, and who make excuses as to why the gospel as it has been laid out in the word of God, that Jesus came to turn each man away from his iniquities, does not mean that at all, for we are "only human", right? The bottom line is that we simply do not believe our God and instead rather judge things according to logic and human wisdom, and not with faith in the amazing promises of God.

Our modern gospel is a gospel of self effort rather than grace thru faith.

First, know that every word I just said I said with tears in my eyes. I take no pleasure in writing it. God knew the truth would be corrupted in His bride, and all the virgins would sleep. Like it or not, we Christians in the west ARE Laodecia, no matter how much we protest that we are not and that it is judgemental to think we are. As God says of us: "...and you know not that you are poor and blind and naked and miserable in my sight."

Do we hear our God? The church is NOT now triumphant but captive the the whims of the enemy. The showers have been withholden and we have a form of godliness, but our lives openly deny the power of God Himself as able to "save us to the uttermost".

However, a new day is dawning and the truth is being restored to the body about who we have been, and who God wants to make us under the fullness of the new covenant. We can deny all this, of course and continue wandering in the wilderness of unbelief, and God will simply withhold the showers further. But God wants broken hearts, real repentance, humbled needy children who see how far we have fallen in trying to walk out the gospel without Him doing it for us, in us. We have walked a gospel of works not of faith, and the gospel of works does not work.

How do we know what is being said is true? God said that in the new covenant He would cause us to walk in obedience to Him. Unlike under the law, where it is a demand, a requirement, obedience under the new covenant is now a PROMISE! Praise God!

Yet, do we see His people hungering to walk "free indeed“, with the fleshly nature and the sins that accompany it dealt a death ****? Do we find that it even bothers us that the promise Jesus made us that He would “always causes us to triumph” is nothing more than pious words in our modern gospel and has no teeth?

Do we find that sin no longer has dominion over us? Do we find that in every temptation we are given a way of escape and indeed take it? Does our shield of faith actually reallt quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one as our God clearly promised us?

Now, this all sounds so negative, I understand, yet sadly, like it or not, this is where we find ourselves in these last days. But listen, God is not through with us! He then promised that:

"I will sanctify My great name that you have blasphemed whereever you have gone, and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall be sanctified in you in their midst." 

God is just now beginning to revive us, but as He does, He makes a point to tell us clearly:

"Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways”

Then, after He has turned back our captivity, Gpd states that the world will look on and say “Look, God has turned the desolate places back into the garden of Eden.”

Finally, He finishes this amazingly humbling yet totally hopeful chapter with a promise of all promises, one that should make us weep for our blindness and rejoice evermore for His goodness:

“I shall yet be inquired of by the House of Israel to do it for them.”

More and more, business as usual is not cutting it with the saints of God. A stirring is happening deep within the hearts of His beloved, a dissatisfaction with anything less than walking in victory and joy that brings glory to Him. A few now hear the truth now and receive it and are blessed for it. Many others will sit back and ponder this message, and that is a noble thing to do. Thank you. And yes, there will be some who resist what the Holy Spirit is saying to the church. But the message of repentance and faith in God to do in us what we cannot do for ourselves will not be stopped. It is His message to us in these last days. Will we listen?

Blessings,

Bruce

markedward
Apr 24th 2010, 05:08 PM
Brothers and sisters in Christ, the 36th chapter of Ezekiel is perhaps one of the most currently prophetic discourses in the entire Bible. Here we see God proclaim the coming of the new covenant and what it would do for us in our lives and why we would need to walk in its benefits.

I will not quote it except in part. But may I recommend reading it start to finish to get the real feel for what God is telling us at the end of this age?If the New Covenant has already come, why do you say that Ezekiel 36 is a prophecy about the coming of the New Covenant in our future? It can't have already come and still be coming in the future.

We talk about Christ returning yet our prayer closets are empty, and oftentimes, even as our own children, our friends, our neighbors remain lost and hell-bound, we still don't labor in prayer for their souls.Who is "we"? Who is "our" referring to?

We are not a holy people, a happy people or a harmonious people. We have constructed a religious system that is a far cry from what Christ had in mind for His bride when he laid down His life for us on Calvary.This contradicts Scripture. You say that "we" (the Church, I'm assuming) is not "a holy people". Scripture says otherwise.

1 Peter 2.9: But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Not since the book of Acts has the church truly walked in light.The Church, by definition, consists of the people God has "called out" of the world to walk in the light. It is literally impossible for the Church—the Body of Christ—to not walk in God's light. Individual people and individual congregations may pass in and out, but the Church has always been in God's light, unendingly.

The bottom line is that we simply do not believe our God and instead rather judge things according to logic and human wisdom, and not with faith in the amazing promises of God.Speak for yourself, not for me.

Like it or not, we Christians in the west ARE Laodecia, no matter how much we protest that we are not and that it is judgemental to think we are.I only reject the idea because it has no Scriptural basis. Laodicea was Laodicea. Individual churches might be like Laodicea. But there's nothing Scriptural about claiming that the entire Church is Laodicea.

Do we hear our God? The church is NOT now triumphant but captive the the whims of the enemy.Again, by definition, the Church consists of the people who have been "called out" of the world to follow God and triumph. By Scriptural definition, it is impossible for the Church to not be triumphant because the Church's foundation is Christ's triumph over the enemy.

Sorry if you don't like me "critiquing" your post; but since you put this in Bible Chat, I'm going to measure what you say against the Bible.

BruceG
Apr 24th 2010, 10:23 PM
If the New Covenant has already come, why do you say that Ezekiel 36 is a prophecy about the coming of the New Covenant in our future? It can't have already come and still be coming in the future.
Because from the book of Acts on, the church has fallen back into self effort after forgiveness and the result is not liberty but death. The new covenant came on the day of pertecost with the spirit indwelling, but because it is not mixed with faith, and must be walked exclusive of the law of commandments, we have been blinded to it and its benefits.

Who is "we"? Who is "our" referring to? We are the body, not simply individuals. it is us, all of us and we all share in this together. When the spies who brought forth the good report were overruled by the ten with unbelief, did they too not have to go wandering in the desert for 40 years?

You say that "we" (the Church, I'm assuming) is not "a holy people". Scripture says otherwise. Positionally, we are , which makes it even sadder. Do you think the saints in Laodecia were a "holy people" when God threatened to spew them out of His mouth for their lack of caring and indifference to their lukewarm state?

Brother, I cannot make you see. It must be between the spirit and you. But it is still the truth. I remember in Jeremiah, as they had their sins exposed, God said that some said indignantly to him "What sins?? and God said "Therefore your sins remain."

The Church, by definition, consists of the people God has "called out" of the world to walk in the light. It is literally impossible for the Church—the Body of Christ—to not walk in God's light. Individual people and individual congregations may pass in and out, but the Church has always been in God's light, unendingly.

Being called out is not necessarily being chosen. What scriptures can you provide that say the church cannot be tainted? Or deceived? Or walk in sin and darkness? What the word does say is that sin shall not have dominion over us, and yet we find saints fighting for the right to continue to sin and fighting against a call for repentance for our low estate and believing our God again. What has happened to us?

You may believe as you believe, it is your right and privelidge, as each must answer for our walks before Him. I know this, scripture tells us that we will never be tempted above that which we are able to endure and a way of escape will always be made for us, correct? As well, scripture tells us that as we hold up the shield of faith, we will quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one/ Have you found this so in oyur walk? Has God kept his word to you? Do you find the gospel of the new covenant works for you? If not, why not? If not, how can you be found so defensively content without victory that Christ died to give us?

Our present gospel has just enough truth, I fear, to innoculate us against the real thing.

Crosstalk
Apr 25th 2010, 06:12 PM
Here's a good sermon on the subject from Jim Cymbala:

http://holydesperation.com/sermons/top/TheAnointingOfGod.mp3

http://holydesperation.com/