PDA

View Full Version : How does God bring us peace?

arunangelo
Apr 24th 2010, 07:35 PM
By His sacrifice on the cross God showed us that His love for us is pure, selfless and sacrificial. When we believe in His love we will find complete peace, because the love He expressed for us makes us confident of His help to us in time of trouble. It also gives us consolation to know that He is with us in our suffering because He too went through our suffering, and a feeling of rejection and loneliness. Even when it appears that we are receiving absolutely no help and are in mortal danger, we will still find peace knowing that He already has a place for us in heaven for all eternity. Furthermore, when our spirit is one with Him we will find rest because He alone is the consolation to our spirit (Matthew 11:29). Furthermore, when we trust Him, we will be free of fear; and freedom from fear will make us selfless; and selflessness will bring us peace by freeing us of fear, jealousy, hate and revenge.

Equipped_4_Love
Apr 24th 2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, how I long to have that kind of selflessness. It's a struggle, though

dan
Apr 25th 2010, 02:25 PM
...The remembrances of His Great Power, and the knowing that His Prophecies are due.

Even though we can't see Him, it's like you're a child again and you know your parents are watching, but they have a much bigger paddle. :lol:

Crosstalk
Apr 25th 2010, 06:09 PM
Peace isn't a feeling it's a position we have when we receive Christ. We have peace with God through Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:1). If you are saved you have peace whether or not you feel like it. The unsaved do not......."And the way of peace they have not known" Rom. 3:17

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ," Eph. 1:3 That's "every" folks.

The lost are positionally at enmity with God, the opposite of peace. Rom. 8:6-7

This sums it up:

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Christ Our Peace

"For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity." Eph. 2:13-16

"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You." Ps. 139:17-18