PDA

View Full Version : Please Help PM folders

Truthinlove
May 1st 2010, 02:51 PM
I created a "saved" folder for my pm's. But, I can't put anything in it. If I try to drag it, it doesn't go into the folder. If I checkmark it, there is no option in the drop down menu to move to another folder. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you! :)

Amos_with_goats
May 1st 2010, 03:26 PM
Sister,

You can pray for PM's, but you really can not decide which of them will be saved.... that is not up to you, but it is between them and the Lord... ;)

:lol: (sorry, I could not pass it up)...

~ First go to your 'in box'. Check the box next to the messages you want to save.

~ Once you do this then scroll down to the bottom and you will see a button labeled "selected messages" (it will also have the number of messages you have selected).

~ Click it, and you will see several options. One of the options will be 'move messages' click that, and it will allow you to select the folder you created.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this...

...and keep praying for those PM's.... :D.

Truthinlove
May 1st 2010, 03:59 PM
Sister, You can pray for PM's, but you really can not decide which of them will be saved.... that is not up to you, but it is between them and the Lord... ;)

:lol: (sorry, I could not pass it up)...

:lol:

~ First go to your 'in box'. Check the box next to the messages you want to save.

~ Once you do this then scroll down to the bottom and you will see a button labeled "selected messages" (it will also have the number of messages you have selected).

~ Click it, and you will see several options. One of the options will be 'move messages' click that, and it will allow you to select the folder you created.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this...

Well, the ones I want to move to my "saved" ;) folder are now in my "sent" instead of my inbox. I check-marked them and went to selected messages, but there wasn't an option to "move messages". :( Can they only be moved from an inbox?

Amos_with_goats
May 1st 2010, 04:10 PM
.....Well, the ones I want to move to my "saved" ;) folder are now in my "sent" instead of my inbox. I check-marked them and went to selected messages, but there wasn't an option to "move messages". :( Can they only be moved from an inbox?

I just went and tried and found the same thing. Apparently there is no provision for moving messages from your 'sent' folder to the other folders you create.

Now, if you REALLY want to keep them, you can export them and save them on your hard drive.

You could 'dowload as;' and select one of the formats, CSV would likely give you each message as a single line... text would place each in it's current form as text only (experiment with this, I have not personally tried it).

Truthinlove
May 1st 2010, 04:51 PM
I just went and tried and found the same thing. Apparently there is no provision for moving messages from your 'sent' folder to the other folders you create.

Now, if you REALLY want to keep them, you can export them and save them on your hard drive.

You could 'dowload as;' and select one of the formats, CSV would likely give you each message as a single line... text would place each in it's current form as text only (experiment with this, I have not personally tried it).

Darn. But, there is an option to move a message to a different folder when it's in your inbox, right?

Do you think they may be able to change that?

Amos_with_goats
May 1st 2010, 05:01 PM
Darn. But, there is an option to move a message to a different folder when it's in your inbox, right?

Do you think they may be able to change that?

Yes, you can move the messages from your 'in box' to your folders.

As far as your second question, there are modifications to the software that can be made, but they are pretty labor intensive and can cause 'unintended consequences' some times... I doubt there would be an off the shelf modification to allow such a change, but will leave the answer for one of the Admins.

In the mean time, you can try to save your messages to your hard drive using the 'export' option I mentioned earlier.

(I too have a constantly full PM box... I hate to delete anything)...

Truthinlove
May 1st 2010, 05:08 PM
Thank you for your help :)