PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Would God Want you to Die Young For Gospel?

PeterJ
Jun 1st 2010, 05:12 PM
I recall years ago when my paster told us about group of christains that went to a dangerous place where it was known people or christains would be shot, but they still went, how would they know 100% for sure God told them unless it was realy strong or not? could they be mislead? They was killed for being there.

Would God want christains to go to a dangerous place to die at a early age?, even if your 20? because when you die on earth you are not good anymore to help God on earth, or save anyone, once your gone that's it finnetoe, surely God would want christains to live as long on earth or not?
If christains went to a dangerous place to spread gospel and God did not called them to go there and they died there, would they get reward in heaven for it or not for not obeying God?

Some christains go to dangerous places for gospel even if they are not called, cause its something they themself just want to do there, do you think they should even though they have no bad intentions or not?, but if God does not want them to, they should not go right?

If you are going there and not called by God in a way that person does not care if they die or not and does not care what people close family think otherwise they would not go? would this be classed as suicide cause they have 90% chance of dieing going there?
Where in the bible does it say to risk your life for in this generation? In OT was it diffent?

notuptome
Jun 1st 2010, 05:16 PM
The safest place in the world is the center of Gods will. The most dangerous place is outside the will of God.

Precious in His sight is the death of His saints. Ps 116:15

For the cause of Christ
Roger

CaptainM
Jun 1st 2010, 05:34 PM
John 15:12-13, "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Jesus spoke these words to His disciples. He called them to love one another. Before one is a disciple, he is lost. How do we share the gospel to the lost if we do not love them. It is love that compels us to to share the gospel with them, in spite of the many dangers possible.

I would not advise someone to go out into dangerous lands to share the gospel if God has not given him a vision for it. But if the passion is on his heart, regardless the threat, he should go. I am thankful to pioneer missionaries that gave their lives so that some might be saved.

saved11
Jun 1st 2010, 07:10 PM
I recall years ago when my paster told us about group of christains that went to a dangerous place where it was known people or christains would be shot, but they still went, how would they know 100% for sure God told them unless it was realy strong or not? could they be mislead? They was killed for being there.

Would God want christains to go to a dangerous place to die at a early age?, even if your 20? because when you die on earth you are not good anymore to help God on earth, or save anyone, once your gone that's it finnetoe, surely God would want christains to live as long on earth or not?
If christains went to a dangerous place to spread gospel and God did not called them to go there and they died there, would they get reward in heaven for it or not for not obeying God?

Some christains go to dangerous places for gospel even if they are not called, cause its something they themself just want to do there, do you think they should even though they have no bad intentions or not?, but if God does not want them to, they should not go right?

If you are going there and not called by God in a way that person does not care if they die or not and does not care what people close family think otherwise they would not go? would this be classed as suicide cause they have 90% chance of dieing going there?
Where in the bible does it say to risk your life for in this generation? In OT was it diffent?

I am so glad to come across your post. That story that your pastor relate, I believe is this "End of the Spear". Pls get a copy of the book or borrow it. (THe book is much better than the movie and relates more accurately than the movie. Being a movie, they of course had to omit/combine certain things which I believe the book does not). It will surely bless you and answer your question.

There are times that GOd would want us to die young for the gospel. This was one instance. But it was not those people that died that ultimately convert the tribe (who was known to be the most savage tribe in the world). Rather, it was one of the martyr's wife (Elisabeth Elliot) and another martyr's sister (Rachael Saint)who went and lived with them after the group's death that ultimately converted them. One of the martyr's son Steve Saint also lived with them for short periods of time and he is still in contact with them and helps them. In fact he and his family calls one of the person(Mincaye) that killed his father, father/grandfather. In fact, they later went round preaching in different parts of the world.

This is Steve Saint's website that helped these and other people.
http://www.itecusa.org/

Also, if you went 'crazy' like me and surfed for as much info. as you can get (that's because I could not get the book), you will find a lot of other information that will bless you and I think was not in the book. (For example, when they were making the film, one of the tribe member that killed these Americans relate that he and the others saw bright lights and singing. Somehow he identified the song and it was about every nation/every tribe would come to GOd. Now know this, these people do not know English. Also, how sure one of the martyr's wife knew that God was with them even when told that her husband had died.

It had far reaching consequence too ie when Steve Saint was in another remote part of the world and was lost, he came across a local Christian that had suffered much for his faith. Guess what, that Christian said that 1 book touched him the most and it was the 'End of the Spear.' How shocked was he when he found out that he was talking to Steve Saint (one of martyr's Nate Saint's son)

One should only go when they are specifically called by God. If you go to Gospel for Asia, you will come across some videos where people went go to remote parts and there were dangers to them. But they persevered and people were converted. Read up also on people like Amy Carmichael (who went to India), Jackie Pullinger (a very young girl who went to Hong Kong and stayed in terrible conditions and even ultimately the mafia protected her).

Gospel for Asia
http://www.gfa.org/videos/

Sometimes GOd ask some people to go and they may end up losing their lifes there. In fact, in the olden days when one goes away to do missionary work, they just bought a 1 way ticket (meaning that they are expected to stay there).

Even for myself, I'm not sure whether this was really God or my own self imagining (although it doesn't make sense that I can even imagine this), if it was really God that showed me this, I too will go to another country to a group of people that has the highest rate of suicide in that area (not the whole country--at least I don't think so) there due to financial difficulties (although I think I won't be there for at least a few more years). I was water baptised in that country and God was the one that arranged for it.

ThyWordIsTruth
Jun 3rd 2010, 03:57 PM

I think this calls for wisdom. We are not to be foolish or reckless with our lives, because we'd have to be accountable for our life before God. We were bought with a price and our lives no longer belong to us, but to God.

Good question, but difficult to answer, except by one who is mature in the faith and is closely acquainted with the circumstances and situation, which I'm not. But here're my thoughts. Basically, what do they hope to achieve by going there? Are they going to accomplish anything by their going and dying? Is anyone going to listen to their preaching?

Also, how do they know if God is calling them to go there? How do they know it is God's will and not their own immature romantic idealism and emotionalism, or worse, influence from someone who irresponsibly put these grand thoughts into their heads without thinking of the consequences?

I think if God does the leading, God will give clear, reasoned good reasons for going and a sustained burden on their hearts. So they should wait, and know if it is really from the Lord. It's not a reckless, ill-thought out plan, but a well-thought out plan of what exactly they hope to achieve, besides recklessly throwing their lives away.

If they then discern that it is indeed the Lord's will, after much pray and advise from a pastor mature in the faith and with a close walk with the Lord, then go.

PeterJ
Jun 5th 2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks some good replys.

Dani H
Jun 5th 2010, 11:55 PM
God doesn't force anybody. Those who have laid down their lives throughout the centuries, didn't complain about it but did so gladly and willingly. In an environment where Christians are severely persecuted, deciding to follow Christ comes with a cost, and people enter into it knowing what it might mean, on purpose, and willingly. Jesus died voluntarily. Nobody made Him do it. Love just compelled Him to. It's the same for us. We either decide that He's worth not only living for but also dying for, or we don't.

If you read Voice of the Martyrs or Foxe's Book of Martyrs, you can see in the stories that the martyrs all entered into what they did fully aware, glad to be counted worthy of laying their lives down for the Gospel, and I personally believe that God gave them all the grace in the world to go through what they did, like only He can.