PDA

View Full Version : Does God care about the minutia in our lives

catlover
Jun 3rd 2010, 06:20 PM
When I say care, I know He cares about the big picture, but lately I am wondering how much He cares about the things that fill our lives, like where we work, where we live, whether we take this vacation or not, etc....

I'm just asking b/c I'm just not sure anymore

Slug1
Jun 3rd 2010, 06:53 PM
When I say care, I know He cares about the big picture, but lately I am wondering how much He cares about the things that fill our lives, like where we work, where we live, whether we take this vacation or not, etc....

I'm just asking b/c I'm just not sure anymoreGod cares, and He's SO in control, He doesn't even want you to worry about what you posted in your OP...

Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Zack702
Jun 3rd 2010, 06:58 PM

I'm just asking b/c I'm just not sure anymore

But I think that God is more concerned with what is inwardly happening rather than the details of what is outwardly happening.

I think what matters is how we effect the people around us and how others and other things effect us.

All in all we can blame our status our state on things other than ourselves.

But ultimately I think we should claim responsibility for whatever is bothering us and then take steps to overcome it or to find peace with it.
That can be easy for some and hard for others which relates to how we effect others or how others effect us.
Sometimes that can mean changing the little things or avoiding certain things but only as a way to reach the goal not as if your forced to.

Some people have been sevearly wronged in there life and it can be a struggle to cope with some things. But all in all there is a power in us given by God to reason and overcome nearly anything.

Frecs
Jun 3rd 2010, 07:14 PM
God cares about us so much He knows has counted and numbered every hair on your head. He cares so much He saves each tear in a vial. God loves you. He wants the best for you. Your choices in life matter because they affect you and your ability to walk the path He set for you. But, that doesn't mean we need to be frozen in uncertainty with each and every decision. Whether or not you eat wheat bread or white bread with your sandwich is not a cosmic choice. But, all the "little choices" of what you eat will add up to determine whether you are healthy which can affect other aspects of your life. It's the same with a job choice -- does it matter whether you work at Target or Walmart? Maybe. Maybe not. If it does, then God will guide you. I think some job choices are more obvious -- dancing in a "gentleman's club" isn't what God wants for His beloved. Does it matter what kind of car you drive? Maybe. Maybe not. Again, if it matters, God will let you know if you are tuning in to His voice.

Trust God. Walk in His way. Listen for His voice. He will guide you.

catlover
Jun 3rd 2010, 09:39 PM
I want to thank everyone for their posts. Very good information and insight for me to dwell on.

crossnote
Jun 4th 2010, 03:04 AM
yes. He even cares about your cats.