PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought...

Kelly12345
Jun 23rd 2010, 12:26 AM
Have you ever thought that your prayers had been answered? That you have struggled so much and have been hurt for long enough and you thought that you had reached that light at the end of the tunnel and in all reality...it wasnt there. IT was just a situation that made u believe it was...?

What do we do? Why do these things happen?

Nomad
Jun 23rd 2010, 02:50 AM
Kelly,

It's difficult when our expectations and desires do not match the will of God. The Apostle Paul can certainly sympathize with your predicament.

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
2Co 12:8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The Lord always hears and answers us in one form or another, though not always in the way we desire, but we can rest assured that no matter how difficult the answer, it will be for our good and for God's glory.

Here's the consolation. Paul teaches us that God's grace is sufficient. What does that mean? It means that God will never allow his children to fall under the weight of their afflictions. Our Lord will sustain you and it remains to be seen how your situation will bring glory to God, but it will. I won't pretend that any of this is easy, but I'm sure that your afflictions are essential to God's purpose and your growth in grace.

IMINXTC
Jun 26th 2010, 04:10 PM
Sure, it's happened, Kelly.

But the Lord used those rare examples to show me my impatience and my insistence to have things entirely my way, rather than submit myself to His plan for my life.

What God had in mind was so much more than what I thought I wanted.

I hope things are going well for you, Kelly, and continue (daily) to bring you before the Lord at this difficult time in your life.