PDA

View Full Version : Son of Man = Israel?

GreekAsianPanda
Jul 27th 2010, 05:34 AM
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory, and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
"I, Daniel, was troubled in spirit, and the visions that passed through my mind disturbed me. I approached one of those standing there and asked him the meaning of all this.
"So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things: 'The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth. But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever - yes, for ever and ever.'" --Daniel 7:13-18

Yeshua obviously claims that he is the Son of Man mentioned in this passage, as is seen when he finally answers the Sanhedrin (Mark 14:62). But in light of the verses that follow Daniel's vision of the Son of Man, how could this be Yeshua? The Son of Man appears to be Israel!

Please, please help me. I had never read the context closely, and I can't figure this out. How can this be Jesus?? Help me, please.

BroRog
Jul 27th 2010, 06:11 AM
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory, and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
"I, Daniel, was troubled in spirit, and the visions that passed through my mind disturbed me. I approached one of those standing there and asked him the meaning of all this.
"So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things: 'The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth. But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever - yes, for ever and ever.'" --Daniel 7:13-18

Yeshua obviously claims that he is the Son of Man mentioned in this passage, as is seen when he finally answers the Sanhedrin (Mark 14:62). But in light of the verses that follow Daniel's vision of the Son of Man, how could this be Yeshua? The Son of Man appears to be Israel!

Please, please help me. I had never read the context closely, and I can't figure this out. How can this be Jesus?? Help me, please.I don't think this passage says that Israel is the son of man. Notice that the son of man is given authority over all nations, where as the holy people are given possession of their kingdom.

roaring tiger
Jul 27th 2010, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=GreekAsianPanda;2464323]"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory, and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Yeshua obviously claims that he is the Son of Man mentioned in this passage, as is seen when he finally answers the Sanhedrin (Mark 14:62). But in o

Yeshua,Jacob,Israel,Jesus,Son of man,The Word,Christ or what ever words you think refer only to one.The Son of God.

nzyr
Jul 27th 2010, 10:59 AM
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. (Daniel 7:13)

The Son of man in Daniel 7:13 is Jesus Christ.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Matthew 24:30)