PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Divorced. Having a hard time.

tinyfairypeople
Jul 27th 2010, 09:49 PM
It's a really long story but basically, my ex husband is a video game addict and has been neglectful and abusive our entire marriage. I tried everything I could to bring him to the lord, do counseling, and get him help but he refused. In the end, he decided that he didn't love me anymore and absolutely refused to try to resolve our issues, so we were divorced. It has only been 4 days and I am having an incredibly hard time.

I have a trauma related brain disorder (that is a result of the trauma he put me through) that prevents me from working. It all just makes me feel like he stole everything from me, even my mental soundness and left me completely broken on the side of the road. I can't work, can't even afford to live in a camper. Like I said. I'm just feel really down right now.

peyret
Jul 27th 2010, 09:59 PM
It's a really long story but basically, my ex husband is a video game addict and has been neglectful and abusive our entire marriage. I tried everything I could to bring him to the lord, do counseling, and get him help but he refused. In the end, he decided that he didn't love me anymore and absolutely refused to try to resolve our issues, so we were divorced. It has only been 4 days and I am having an incredibly hard time.

I have a trauma related brain disorder (that is a result of the trauma he put me through) that prevents me from working. It all just makes me feel like he stole everything from me, even my mental soundness and left me completely broken on the side of the road. I can't work, can't even afford to live in a camper. Like I said. I'm just feel really down right now.

First of all, I pray for your situation and your peace of mind. May the God and Father of all mercy grant you peace, hope and people to help when you need it and the resources to provide for yourself - in the name of his son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Just to understand, you have a brain trauma from the physical abuse inflicted by your ex-husband that has left you disabled? Is he providing support for you? He should be paying alimony - unless he cannot afford it.

The other thought I had was have you applied for Social Security Disability benefits? If you are disabled you should qualify for the benefits if you worked enough to be covered. Even if you did not work you can apply for Supplemental Benefits which would provide you with medicare coverage and modest disability payments.

Dani H
Jul 28th 2010, 01:28 AM
Well, that explains some things. Don't be so hard on yourself. But don't think you have to somehow maintain a "relationship" with this man because of neediness on your end.

In addition to the great practical advice from the poster above ...

Seek God. Rely on the Lord. Tell Him how you feel and ask Him to strengthen and help you. He is faithful when we're not. He is trustworthy. He loves us in ways that are beyond imagining. I was homeless for a year once. Having to live in other people's homes and shelters. For an entire year. By God's design! While going through a divorce and being left with nothing much but a few personal belongings. Sad state from a human point of view, isn't it? Oh, but that was the year I found that when Jesus was all I had left, He was all I needed! That was when I found myself in Him; after I lost everything else. He's so worth it! He's worth everything, and He is everything to me. Everything! I have no idea who I am without Him anymore; and I am here to tell you that He can be everything to you too if you just let Him. You are nobody's victim. You are a child of God. Father God is going to take care of you. Father God is able to redeem you. Father God is able to restore your mind and carry you in the darkness and cradle you when you're broken and pick you back up and put you back together again. Father God is able to take all your awful decisions and people's mishandlings of you, and redeem them and make something beautiful out of them. Trust Him with all you've got. Give Him yourself and your past and your present and your future, all you are (measly though it may seem to you) and all you have, and let Him have full control and let Him be everything to you. He is able!

bc3n1
Jul 28th 2010, 05:56 PM
I have to say Amen to Dani's reply. I, too, went through years of abuse, both physical and mental. I learnt that all we need is the Lord, too. Praise God, our Father, for providing everything we need in Him. He will wipe all the abuse from your heart and mind, give you wholeness that He intends you to have and to be all that He wants for you. Our Father is so worthy of our praise and worship. Glory to God in the highest.

There's a saying, "Let go and let God." Give Him all that is happening to you, discuss it with Him, and watch what He does that will be perfect for you as only He can do. Blessings. You are in my prayers.