PDA

View Full Version : John Chapter 2

Debra R
Aug 23rd 2004, 02:01 AM
John 2:1-11

I thought I would post these verses from the Amplified Version.

John 2:
1) ON THE third day there was a wedding at Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.

2) Jesus also was invited with His disciples to the wedding.

3) And when the wine was all gone, the mother of Jesus said to Him, They have no more wine!

4) Jesus said to her, [Dear] woman, what is that to you and to Me? [What do we have in common? Leave it to Me.] My time (hour to act) has not yet come.

5) His mother said to the servants, Whatever He says to you, do it.

6) Now there were six waterpots of stone standing there, as the Jewish custom of purification (ceremonial washing) demanded, holding twenty to thirty gallons apiece.

7) Jesus said to them, Fill the waterpots with water. So they filled them up to the brim.

8) Then He said to them, Draw some out now and take it to the manager of the feast [to the one presiding, the superintendent of the banquet]. So they took him some.

9) And when the manager tasted the water just now turned into wine, not knowing where it came from--though the servants who had drawn the water knew--he called the bridegroom

10) And said to him, Everyone else serves his best wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then he serves that which is not so good; but you have kept back the good wine until now!

11) This, the first of His signs (miracles, wonderworks), Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory , and His disciples believed in Him [adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Him].

[b]On the third day there was a wedding and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and His disciples were also invited.
Picture our Lord Jesus at the wedding. Weddings are joyous, happy times. A man and a woman confirming their love to one another.

I imagine there was feasting and laughter and joy of those present. And the Lord Jesus deemed it important to join them. Can you picture our Savior laughing with them? I can picture Him smiling and enjoying Himself there. Just as He brought man and woman together in the garden of Eden, He was there at this wedding, blessing them with His Presence.

It could have been that the bridegroom sent Mary for more wine, but she goes to Jesus with their need. She knows He can fulfill their need. She tells the servants to obey Him. They do exactly as Jesus commands.

Their obedience played a big part in this miracle. As in our lives when our Lord commands that we do something, if we will be obedient, many miracles He can perform in our lives.

By Jesus willing it to be so, and by their act of obedience, the water is turned into wine. And Jesus in so doing, manifested His glory and power, confirming the faith of His infant disciples.

He showed Himself to be the God of nature, turning mere water into the most excellent of wine, as also He showed His power over the storms, (Matthew 8:26, Luke 8:24, Mark 4:39) And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Hush, be still." And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm.

This from Matthew Henry's Commentary....

There was a marriage, and Jesus was called. Note, [1.] It is very desirable, when there is a marriage, to have Jesus Christ present at it; to have His spiritual gracious presence, to have the marriage owned and blessed by Him:

the marriage is then honourable indeed; and they that marry in the Lord (1 Co. 7:39) do not marry without Him.

[2.] They that would have Christ with them at their marriage must invite Him by prayer; that is the messenger that must be sent to heaven for Him; and He will come: Thou shalt call, and I will answer. And He will turn the water into wine.

The beginning of Moses's miracles was turning water into blood (Ex. 4:9; 7:20), the beginning of Christ's miracles was turning water into wine; which intimates the difference between the law of Moses and the gospel of Christ.

The curse of the law turns water into blood, common comforts into bitterness and terror; the blessing of the gospel turns water into wine.

Christ hereby showed that His errand into the world was to heighten and improve creature-comforts to all believers, and make them comforts indeed. Shiloh is said to wash his garments in wine (Gen. 49:11), the water for washing being turned into wine. And the gospel call is, Come ye to the waters, and buy wine, Isa. 55:1.

If anyone has any comments or insights on these verses they would like to share, feel free to join in.

Be blessed
in Christ's love,
Debra

Debra R
Aug 28th 2004, 12:57 PM
(NASB) John 2:12-17

After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother and {His} brothers and His disciples; and they stayed there a few days.

The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated {at their tables.}

And He made a scourge of cords, and drove {them} all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;

and to those who were selling the doves He said, "Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business."

His disciples remembered that it was written, "ZEAL FOR YOUR HOUSE WILL CONSUME ME."

In Malachi it foretells of John the Baptist preparing the way of our Lord. We read about that in the first chapter. Then, it foretells of the Lord coming to His temple.

(KJV) Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

I hadn't noticed that before, or related it to the Lord Jesus going to the temple. And He was angered at those who were doing business there. He makes Himself a whip and drives them out.

He must have looked fearsome, His anger was mighty at what they were doing in His Father's house. Showing His contempt of their money He pours it on the ground. And He tells them stop making my Father's house a place of business. The King James translates, house of merchandise. They had no respect for the house of God, they had taken away what it was supposed to be, and focused it on man, and the making of money. Oh how our Lord must have been angered.

We read in Mark 11:17) (This in KJV) And He taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

They had corrupted the house of God. They were performing sacrilege, robbing God. The Lord Jesus had a right to be angry. In calling the temple His Father's house, Jesus intimates that He is the Messiah, of whom it is said in
2 Samuel 7:
13) He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14)I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

Isaiah 9:7) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

And the disciples also remembered that it was written "ZEAL FOR YOUR HOUSE WILL CONSUME ME." This from Psalm 69:9.

Psalm 69 is a beautiful Psalm. I like this better in the KJV, here are verses 1-9.......

(KJV) Psalm 69:1-9

Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto [my] soul.

I sink in deep mire, where [there is] no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.

I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored [that] which I took not away.

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.

I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Be blessed
in Christ's love,
Debra

kayte
Aug 28th 2004, 04:28 PM
I don't know how I missed your first post Debra! But it was highlighted for me this morning. Hope it's okay to go back to the first set of verses for a minute.

I've been sloooowly working on a series of studies covering the first miracles in each of the gospels.. and this is the first one in John. (I posted the first study over in biblechat forum.. The healing of the leper.) I'm not done putting this one together.. maybe you guys can help me? :D

This is from the NKJV.

1 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
I think it's really significant that it says "On the third day...", keeping in mind that Jesus rose on the third day and that by His death and ressurection, He's made Himself a bride. (us)

2Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
4Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come."
This is a rather strange conversation and could almost sound like Jesus was being a little snotty with Mary, :eek: but that wasn't the case at all. He was speaking about something entirely different than Mary was. She was talking about wine for this wedding.. He was talking about the wine of His blood.. that His time to spill and provide His blood (wine) was not yet come.

5His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it." Interesting that Mary knew Jesus could take care of the situation. (This was among His very first miracles.)
For me.. this is one of the most beautiful of verses.. one we should all daily live by. "Whatever He says to you, do it."

6Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. These six waterpots would have been made of clay/earth... so was Jesus (He came as a man with flesh and blood.) The pots held water to use for purification.. but Jesus knew that water can't purify. The law can't cleanse. Only the wine of His Love can cleanse and purify.

7Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim.
8And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it.
Jesus took the law (the purification water) and fullfilled it by His own blood (the wine).
Jesus telling the servants to "fill the waterpots with water".. the law was what man was to do. (Man reaching toward God.) Jesus turning the water to wine is what only God could do.. grace. (God reaching toward man.)
The master of the feast would be God our Father. Jesus' blood was spilled for the Righteousness of God.. for the remission of sin.

9When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
10And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"
The law came first... then the new wine of His blood. The best was kept for last.

11This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
This wasn't a 'show off' miracle, a simple act of obediance toward Mary or even a minor miracle... this was an announcement. This was Jesus stating Who He is and what He's come to do. He has manifested His glory. His glory isn't that He can change water into wine.. but that He has poured out His blood and redeemed us in His incredible love. He is the kinsman redeemer, the bridegroom Who has made the wedding possible by this provision.

Okay.. that's pretty much what I've got so far. Does anyone see anything else? I'd sure appreciate your help! :help:

Ninna
Aug 28th 2004, 06:34 PM
When He manifested His glory - He manifested His deity. When He changed water into wine He showed His power.

Was this miracle to have other people become believers or His disciples? I tend to believe it was for the disciples! (and for us since we are His disciples).

Cilla
Aug 28th 2004, 09:33 PM
Hi Debra and kayte and Momof5! :hug:

You're doing a great work here.

Kayte, I love what you say here..

I think it's really significant that it says "On the third day...", keeping in mind that Jesus rose on the third day and that by His death and ressurection, He's made Himself a bride. (us)That's beautiful. I had never thought of that.

You must have been reading my mind, as earlier on I was thinking on these words in v5: 'His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.'

She did not have the experience of seeing miracles performed by Jesus. This was the first one. She did not yet have her faith cemented by His death and resurrection. She didn't have the 'proof' to speak out like Paul and Peter in their epistles. She didn't have a bible in her hands as we do today. But what confidence she had in her Son. My mind went back to these two phrases.....

Luke 1 v 35: And the angel answered and said unto her,.....therefore also that Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 2v19: But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

'Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.'

This is a real challenge. We fall short. Well, I should speak for myself......I fall short. But the more we walk in His Way listening to His Word then the more we will want to obey. And then the more He will see Christians fulfilling His Will. Mary had faith and a miracle was wrought that day. May we be encouraged in our faith and have those words in our hearts and minds and act upon them and see the blessings fall and the miracles happening.

kayte
Aug 29th 2004, 02:47 AM
This is a real challenge. We fall short. Well, I should speak for myself......I fall short.
No.. you can go ahead and speak for me too. :P

Momof5, I agree.. it was so His disciples would believe. (Us included. Whoever would come.)

Debra R
Aug 29th 2004, 03:12 AM
Hi Kayte, Momof5 and Cilla, wonderful insights, thank you :).

I think that is a great study you are doing Kayte, and I especially liked this....

Kayte>This was Jesus stating Who He is and what He's come to do. He has manifested His glory. His glory isn't that He can change water into wine.. but that He has poured out His blood and redeemed us in His incredible love. He is the kinsman redeemer, the bridegroom Who has made the wedding possible by this provision.

The wedding at Cana representing us being betrothed to Christ. Our Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus, making the wedding possible, revealing His power and glory. The act of our Mighty God, His provision for us, providing the ultimate sacrifice, the giving of His life's blood to atone for our sin, cleansing and purifying us that we may be joined with Him, the Holy God, and have the joy of eternal life with Him.

Momof5>Was this miracle to have other people become believers or His disciples? I tend to believe it was for the disciples! (and for us since we are His disciples).

Yes, I agree, and it was for us too!
Jesus proved Himself to them just as He also proves Himself to us, to encourage us and strengthen our faith in Him.

Cilla>But what confidence she had in her Son. My mind went back to these two phrases.....

Luke 1 v 35: And the angel answered and said unto her,.....therefore also that Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 2v19: But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

Thank you Cilla for reminding me of these verses. I love them. And in
(NASB) Luke 2:
49) And He said to them, "Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house?"
51) And He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and He continued in subjection to them; and His mother treasured all these things in her heart.

I had thought of Mary thinking on these things all through the Lord Jesus' childhood and watching Him grow into a young man, loving Him as her son and also as the Son of God.

Cilla>'Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.'

This is a real challenge. We fall short. Well, I should speak for myself......I fall short. But the more we walk in His Way listening to His Word then the more we will want to obey. And then the more He will see Christians fulfilling His Will. Mary had faith and a miracle was wrought that day. May we be encouraged in our faith and have those words in our hearts and minds and act upon them and see the blessings fall and the miracles happening.

We all fall short, I know I do. But I pray also that we be encouraged in our faith, walk closely with our Lord, keep His word close to our hearts, hear Him when He speaks, be quick in obeying Him, and see the blessings fall and the miracles happening. Our God is a Mighty God, nothing is beyond His control, nothing is impossible for Him.

God bless you kayte, Momof5 and Cilla :hug:.
Thank you.
in Christ's love,
Debra

Debra R
Aug 30th 2004, 10:45 PM
I read this sermon on the wedding at Cana of Spurgeon's yesterday and I thought it was so good. Sorry it is a little long but I wanted to share it.

The Waterpots at Cana

A Sermon
(No. 1556)
Delivered by
C. H. SPURGEON,
At the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington

Jesus Christ commenced the gospel dispensation, not with a miracle of vengeance, like that of Moses, who turned water into blood, but with a miracle of liberality, turning water into wine.

He does not only supply necessaries, but gives luxuries, and this is highly significant of the kingdom of his grace.

Here He not only gives sinners enough to save them, but He gives abundantly, grace upon grace. The gifts of the covenant are not stinted or stunted, they are neither small in quantity nor in quality.

He gives to men not only the water of life that they may drink and be refreshed, but "wines on the lees well refined" that they may rejoice exceedingly. And He gives like a king, who gives lavishly, without counting the cups and bottles.

Now, concerning this miracle, it may well be remarked how simple and unostentatious it was. One might have expected that when the great Lord of all came here in human form He would commence His miraculous career by summoning the scribes and Pharisees at least, if not the kings and princes of the earth,

to see the marks of His calling and the guarantees and warrants of His commission; gathering them all together to work some miracle before them, as Moses and Aaron did before Pharaoh, that they might be convinced of his Messiahship.

He does nothing of the kind. He goes to a simple wedding among poor people, and there in the simplest and most natural way He displays His glory.

I. "Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water." WHAT ARE THE PRINCIPLES INVOLVED IN OUR LORD'S MODE OF PROCEDURE?

First, that, as a rule, when Christ is about to bestow a blessing He gives a command. This is a fact which your memories will help you to establish in a moment.

It is not always so; but, as a general rule, a word of command goes before a word of power, or else with it. He is about to give wine, and the process does not consist in saying, "Let wine be," but it begins by a command addressed to men,—"Fill the waterpots with water."

Here is a blind man: Christ is about to give him sight. He puts clay on his eyes, and then says, "Go to the pool of Siloam and wash."

There is a man with his arm swinging at his side, useless to him: Christ is going to restore it, and He says, "Stretch forth thine hand."

Ay, and the principle goes so far that it holds good in cases where it would seem to be quite inapplicable, for if it be a child that is dead He says, "Maid, arise;"

or if it be Lazarus, who by this time stinks, being four days buried, yet He cries, "Lazarus, come forth." And thus He bestows a benefit by a command. Gospel benefits come with a gospel precept.

Do you wonder that this principle which is seen in the miracles is seen in the wonders of His divine grace? Here is a sinner to be saved. What does Christ say to that sinner?

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Can he believe of himself? Is he not dead in sin?

Brethren, raise no such questions, but learn that Jesus Christ has bidden men believe, and has commissioned His disciples to cry, "Repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

"The times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." And He bids us go and preach this word—

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." But why command them? It is His will to do so, and that should be enough for you who call yourself His disciple.

It was so even in the olden times, when the Lord set forth in vision His way of dealing with a dead nation. There lay the dry bones of the valley, exceeding many, and exceeding dry, and Ezekiel was sent to prophesy to them. What said the prophet? "O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord." Is that His way of making them alive? Yes, by a command to hear; a thing which dry bones cannot do.

He issues His command to the dead, the dry, the helpless, and by its power life comes. I pray you, be not disobedient to the gospel, for faith is a duty, or we should not read of "the obedience of faith." Jesus Christ, when He is about to bless, challenges men's obedience by issuing His royal orders.

That is the first principle that I see here: Christ issues commands to those whom He will bless.

Secondly, Christ's commands are not to be questioned, but to be obeyed.

The third principle is this—that whenever we get a command from Christ it is always wisdom to carry it out zealously. He said, "Fill the waterpots with water," and they filled them up to the brim.

But look at the servant there who, as soon as ever Jesus commands" Fill the waterpots with water," says, "I do not know what He is at. I do not see the connection between fetching this water and providing the feast with wine, but I am off to the well:

here, hand me a couple of pails. Come along, brother; come along and help fill the baths." There they go, and soon come joyfully back with the water, pouring it into the troughs till they are full up to the brim.

Those seem to me to be the believing servants who obey the command, not understanding it, but expecting that, somehow or other, Jesus Christ knows the way to work His own miracle.

By our earnest exertions we are not interfering with Him, dear friends; far from it. We are proving our faith in Him if we work for Him as He bids us work, and trust in Him alone with undivided faith.

First, use in the service of Christ such abilities as you have.

There stood the waterpots, six of them, and Jesus used what He found ready to His hand. There was water in the well; our Lord used that also. Our Lord is accustomed to employ His own people, and such abilities as they have, rather than angels or a novel class of beings created fresh for the purpose.

Now, dear brothers and sisters, if you have no golden chalices, fill your earthen vessels. If you cannot consider yourselves to be goblets of rarest workmanship in silver, or if you could not liken yourselves to the best Sevres ware, it does not matter; fill the vessels which you have.

If you cannot, with Elias, bring fire from. heaven, and if you cannot work miracles with the apostles, do what you can. If silver and gold you have none, yet such as you have dedicate to Christ.

Bring water at his bidding, and it will be better than wine. The commonest gifts can be made to serve Christ's purpose.

Just as He took a few loaves and fishes, and fed the crowd with them, so will He take your six waterpots and the water, and do His wine-making therewith.

Be blessed

in Christ's love,

Debra

kayte
Aug 30th 2004, 11:04 PM
Ah thanks Debra! I really like Spurgeon. That was very good. :hug:

Ninna
Aug 31st 2004, 12:31 AM
Thank you, Debra. There is so much to be learned in these few verses!

Debra R
Sep 4th 2004, 02:27 PM
kayte.... Ah thanks Debra! I really like Spurgeon. That was very good. :hug:

Momof5....Thank you, Debra. There is so much to be learned in these few verses!

Glad you liked it :). I didn't post all of the sermon just the main points and those that touched my heart. I thought it was great.

Continuing on.....

(NKJ) John 2:
18) So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?"

19) Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

20) Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"

21) But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Christ did not perform a powerful sign for them to prove He was God in their midst in answer to their question of the authority He took in purging the temple.
But He did speak to them in a language they should have understood. For they all were well versed in the sacred writings. They probably knew them forwards and backwards. We read in (Deuteronomy 18:21) And if you say in your heart, 'How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?'--

22) when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Christ gave them a prophesy of His death and resurrection. As He spoke of the temple of His body, they were only seeing what was in front of them, the structural temple, and I imagine they were angry at Him, and possibly a little amazed, maybe even a little afraid. Who is this Man, who by Himself, had purged the temple. So He speaks in words of prophesy, He tells them, go ahead destroy this body and I will raise it up in three days, no less. Who can raise the dead? Only God.

(Psalms 114:7) Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, At the presence of the God of Jacob,)

The God of Jacob was in their midst and they were so hardhearted and blind they didn't even know.

(Isaiah 42:20) Seeing many things, but you do not observe; Opening the ears, but he does not hear."

23) Who among you will give ear to this? [Who] will listen and hear for the time to come?

In referring to the body as a temple we read (1 Corinthians 3:16) Do you not know that you are the temple of God and [that] the Spirit of God dwells in you?

(2 Corinthians 6:16) And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God.

As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them].

I will be their God, And they shall be My people."

(Hebrews 8:2) a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

(1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

6) who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,

(Galatians 4:4) But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born* of a woman, born under the law,

(Isaiah 8:14) He will be as a sanctuary, But a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense To both the houses of Israel, As a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

(Colossians 2:9) For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

John 2:22) Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

The disciples were well versed in the sacred writings, which the LORD had caused to be written that man would know of His plans for our redemption. And He gave them understanding. (1 Chronicles 28:19) "All [this]," [said] David, "the LORD made me understand in writing, by [His] hand upon me, all the works of these plans."

(Luke 24:44) Then He said to them, "These [are] the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and [the] Prophets and [the] Psalms concerning Me."

45) And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

46) Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, *and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

47) and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48) And you are witnesses of these things.

The disciples are witnesses to the fulfilling of the scriptures.

John 2:23) Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.

(Isaiah 35:5) Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

(John 20:30) And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book;

31) but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

There was a purpose for the signs which Jesus did. And they are written that we may believe and have eternal life.

John 2:24) But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,

John 2: 25) and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

(Hebrews 4:13) And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things [are] naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we [must give] account.

(Psalms 33:13) The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men.

14) From the place of His dwelling He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth;

15) He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.

18) Behold, the eye of the LORD [is] on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,

19) To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine.

20) Our soul waits for the LORD; He [is] our help and our shield.

21) For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name.

We believe, trust in, rely on, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our Savior.
Who is the First and the Last,
the Living One,
who was dead and behold is alive forever more.
Who is the Alpha and Omega.
Who is and who was and who is to come,
the Almighty.

Be blessed
in Christ's love,
Debra

dancedwithdolphin
Sep 4th 2004, 04:00 PM
I find it interesting the what you have talked about. Also, the day of Jesus' crucifiction when they peirced his side and water and blood came out. Jesus being the law fulfilled makes perfect sense when reading the wedding miracle. The law of Moses was blood, the fulfilled law was the water to wine. Jesus being who he is, was the blood and the water.

Resurrection and life.