PDA

View Full Version : Will there be sex in heaven?

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 12:20 AM
I was reading about Jesus' statement to the Sadduccees that at the resurrection "people will niether marry nor be given in marriage, nolonger can they die, they will be like the angels in heaven," and there was an interpretation i read that i hadn't really thought about before. It said that Jesus was telling them that in Levirate marriage wouldnt continue in the resurrection. That is arranged marriages and things like perpetuating the species(the reason why she kept on remarrying her husbands brother) won't continue. They were saying that Jesus was basically telling the sadduccees, that in the resurrection the woman would be married to none of the siblings, not a statement on the ultimate relational state of a man and a woman in general. So i was wondering what you guys think of this? True i understand that the pleasures of heaven will be far greater than earthly pleasures, and that in heaven we may not even desire sex(which is what the majority of christians believe), but since we will have physical bodies(Jesus' resurrection body) sexual intercourse would be possible, but not a forsure thing obviously. I know the church is "the bride of Christ" so people say that "marriage" is an earthly illustration to what real marriage is with Christ and yeah i get that and that makes a whole lot of sense. But my question is this, Do you think that in heaven that intimacy or romance will be totally taken away? I know this is speculative(or a lot of people act like the answer is NO without a doubt) but how do you guys interpret the Bible when it comes to this? If Adam never sinned then everybody would have a wife and such... but then thats playing a game of "what ifs". Anyways what are your thoughts on this subject? By the way, i know its not THE END OF THE WORLD if there is no sex in heaven i am just wondering what your opinions are.

markedward
Sep 18th 2010, 12:25 AM
Scripture is ultimately silent on the issue, so I would say it's safest not to speculate on the matter.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 12:58 AM
Well its interesting why people are so dogmatic about how there won't be.

karenoka27
Sep 18th 2010, 01:03 AM
Matthew 22:30-"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. "
Since God created sex to be between man and woman and in the marriage, it is safe to say there will be no sex in heaven.

markedward
Sep 18th 2010, 01:14 AM
All we know is that "marriage" (however Christ meant for that to be defined) won't exist anymore.

We don't know how, or even if, God might create a new equivalent to "sex" in the next age.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 01:22 AM
All we know is that "marriage" (however Christ meant for that to be defined) won't exist anymore.

We don't know how, or even if, God might create a new equivalent to "sex" in the next age.

So another question would be, is the Male/Female relationship of sex, romance etc... going to be enhanced in the next life? Or is that part of the relationship going to be destroyed?

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 01:36 AM
Just my two cents here...but since the bible points to the spiritual in all things I don't think we would desire sex or romance..those are more fleshly desires that we have here. Our bodies will be like Christ after He rose..transformed and perfect. We will be functioning at a level we can barely even image here. I think it'll be great. :)

God bless

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 01:44 AM
Just my two cents here...but since the bible points to the spiritual in all things I don't think we would desire sex or romance..those are more fleshly desires that we have here. Our bodies will be like Christ after He rose..transformed and perfect. We will be functioning at a level we can barely even image here. I think it'll be great. :)

God bless

Couldn't you argue that sex(the way it was intended to be) is spiritual too? Its wanting to connect on a really deep level with somebody you love.

karenoka27
Sep 18th 2010, 01:47 AM
Couldn't you argue that sex(the way it was intended to be) is spiritual too? Its wanting to connect on a really deep level with somebody you love.

No. Sex is in the physical. Moonglow made an excellent point.

Liquid Tension
Sep 18th 2010, 01:52 AM

God bless

This is an excellent post!! Like the song "I Can Only Imagine", how will we react when we see Christ?? I would imagine we would probably be in such awe at being in His presence that sex wouldn't even cross our minds. Just my :2cents: also.

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 01:56 AM
This is an excellent post!! Like the song "I Can Only Imagine", how will we react when we see Christ?? I would imagine we would probably be in such awe at being in His presence that sex wouldn't even cross our minds. Just my :2cents: also.

Yea that is kind of what I was thinking...sex in Heaven with Jesus there..:eek:.that just doesn't jive at all...:cool: I think what we will be experiencing will make sex look extremely dull and boring..don't think it will even cross anyone's mind actually..

God bless

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:02 AM
I was reading about Jesus' statement to the Sadduccees that at the resurrection "people will niether marry nor be given in marriage, nolonger can they die, they will be like the angels in heaven," and there was an interpretation i read that i hadn't really thought about before. It said that Jesus was telling them that in Levrite marriage wouldnt continue in the resurrection. That is arranged marriages and things like perpetuating the species(the reason why she kept on remarrying her husbands brother) won't continue. They were saying that Jesus was basically telling the sadduccees, that in the resurrection the woman would be married to none of the siblings, not a statement on the ultimate relational state of a man and a woman in general. So i was wondering what you guys think of this? True i understand that the pleasures of heaven will be far greater than earthly pleasures, and that in heaven we may not even desire sex(which is what the majority of christians believe), but since we will have physical bodies(Jesus' resurrection body) sexual intercourse would be possible, but not a forsure thing obviously. I know the church is "the bride of Christ" so people say that "marriage" is an earthly illustration to what real marriage is with Christ and yeah i get that and that makes a whole lot of sense. But my question is this, Do you think that in heaven that intimacy or romance will be totally taken away? I know this is speculative(or a lot of people act like the answer is NO without a doubt) but how do you guys interpret the Bible when it comes to this? If Adam never sinned then everybody would have a wife and such... but then thats playing a game of "what ifs". Anyways what are your thoughts on this subject? By the way, i know its not THE END OF THE WORLD if there is no sex in heaven i am just wondering what your opinions are."in heaven"
"in the resurrection"
is the same thing here -Spiritual -Heavenly

'will there be sex in heaven' -Spiritual -Heavenly
'will there be sex in the resurrection' -Spiritual -Heavenly

To ask 'will there be sex in Heaven' is not even addressed because Heaven is a place, and one that descends to earth.
Jesus was not asked
who will be the husband in the place we call Heaven that descends to earth.
He was asked
who will be the husband when those involved in the situation are resurrected.

who will be the husband when those involved in the situation are spiritual or heavenly.
Clearly, the glorified are not married.

In the time called 'the regeneration' (renewing/restoration of all things) there's a prophecy of Gentiles living in Israel and the children born unto them considered no different than the Israelites, concerning inheritance, but these and the tribes at that time are mortal having access to the tree of life.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:05 AM
No. Sex is in the physical. Moonglow made an excellent point.

For animals sex is defenitely in the physical.... there is no other meaning behind it. But for humans sex is more than just a physical act. In heaven we will have physical tangible bodies even though they will be spiritual at the same time(Christs resurrection body was touched by Thomas). Sex with Jesus there? Why is that so unthinkable? Jesus created sex for reproduction and our enjoyment(song of solomon). Moonglow, yes heaven is something that "we can only imagine" but that doesn't rule out everything in this life too."

karenoka27
Sep 18th 2010, 02:08 AM
If the Church is considered the Bride of Christ and there will be a marriage supper, then we will be married to Christ. Enough said.

markedward
Sep 18th 2010, 02:09 AM
No. Sex is in the physical. Moonglow made an excellent point.First, the act in and of itself was declared to be "good", and when viewed in tandem with the rest of creation, it was considered "very good".

Sex isn't strictly a "physical" or "fleshly" thing. It's a physical action, having both physical and spiritual purposes. The physical purposes: bodily pleasure and bearing children. The spiritual purposes: uniting Husband and Wife as one and glorifying God via that holy union.

Sex is used for distorted, fleshly, purely physical purposes by many people. But don't let that detract from its spiritual aspects. Besides, Scripture explicitly teaches that we will be resurrected in our physical, fleshly bodies, which will be made undying. If physicality was part of God's initial "very good" creation, and we will be resurrected into a redeemed physicality, then the fact that sex is (partially) a physical, fleshly act just can't be used as a reason for why it may no longer exist in the next age (regardless of what form it might take when redeemed/recreated/etc.).

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:11 AM
"in heaven"
"in the resurrection"
is the same thing here -Spiritual -Heavenly

'will there be sex in Heaven'
'will there be sex in the resurrection'

To ask 'will there be sex in Heaven' is not even addressed because Heaven is a place, and one that descends to earth.
Jesus was not asked
who will be the husband in the place we call Heaven that descends to earth.
He was asked
who will be the husband when those involved in the situation are resurrected.
Those glorified are not married.

In the time called 'the regeneration' (renewing/restoration of all things) there's a prophecy of Gentiles living in Israel and their children that are considered no different than the Israelites concerning inheritance, but these and the tribes at that time are mortal having access to the tree of life.

Sirus you know what i mean. Will sex be an activity that people with resurrected immortal bodies be able to engage in? Does that make it more clear?

markedward
Sep 18th 2010, 02:12 AM
If the Church is considered the Bride of Christ and there will be a marriage supper, then we will be married to Christ. Enough said.Yet this should clearly be interpreted as an extended metaphor. Jesus is also a shepherd and we are his sheep. Jesus is a vineyard owner and we are his tenants. Jesus is a rich-man and we are his money. Jesus is a father and we are his children. Jesus is a human and we are his siblings. Jesus is God and we are his Covenant people. We are all of these things, but not all of them are literal. The Church is the Bride of Christ only insofar as the metaphor is described in Scripture.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:15 AM
If the Church is considered the Bride of Christ and there will be a marriage supper, then we will be married to Christ. Enough said.

On the surface, this explanation may seem to be enough said, but there could be more to it than that. God did create woman for man, so if aspects of this relationship were carried over to eternity and not destroyed it shouldn't be suprising.

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:15 AM
Sirus you know what i mean. Will sex be an activity that people with resurrected immortal bodies be able to engage in? Does that make it more clear?Jesus and I made it very clear

Those glorified are not married.

karenoka27
Sep 18th 2010, 02:16 AM
So you are saying that if the Church, being the bride and Christ being the husband...would have sexual relations?
Where are you trying to go with this?

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:17 AM
Sirus you know what i mean. Will sex be an activity that people with resurrected immortal bodies be able to engage in? Does that make it more clear?Well, technically

be able to engage in?

is another question entirely. Jesus said they do not get married, therefore they do not engage in sex. That doesn't mean they do not have sexual ability. Though scripture doesn't address this either way.

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:19 AM
On the surface, this explanation may seem to be enough said, but there could be more to it than that. God did create woman for man, so if aspects of this relationship were carried over to eternity and not destroyed it shouldn't be suprising.Something scripture does not even imply should not be surprising?

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:19 AM
Yet this should clearly be interpreted as an extended metaphor. Jesus is also a shepherd and we are his sheep. Jesus is a vineyard owner and we are his tenants. Jesus is a rich-man and we are his money. Jesus is a father and we are his children. Jesus is a human and we are his siblings. Jesus is God and we are his Covenant people. We are all of these things, but not all of them are literal. The Church is the Bride of Christ only insofar as the metaphor is described in Scripture.

Good point. Well said.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:21 AM
Something scripture does not even imply should not be surprising?

Does scripture have to imply everything that goes on in heaven?

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:22 AM
Yet this should clearly be interpreted as an extended metaphor. Jesus is also a shepherd and we are his sheep. Jesus is a vineyard owner and we are his tenants. Jesus is a rich-man and we are his money. Jesus is a father and we are his children. Jesus is a human and we are his siblings. Jesus is God and we are his Covenant people. We are all of these things, but not all of them are literal. The Church is the Bride of Christ only insofar as the metaphor is described in Scripture.Which means the resurrected are not married or given in marraige.

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 02:23 AM
Does scripture have to imply everything that goes on in heaven?No, but it does tell us this.
the resurrected are not married or given in marriage.
What do you not understand?

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 02:27 AM
For animals sex is defenitely in the physical.... there is no other meaning behind it. But for humans sex is more than just a physical act. In heaven we will have physical tangible bodies even though they will be spiritual at the same time(Christs resurrection body was touched by Thomas). Sex with Jesus there? Why is that so unthinkable? Jesus created sex for reproduction and our enjoyment(song of solomon). Moonglow, yes heaven is something that "we can only imagine" but that doesn't rule out everything in this life too."

Yes I realize that in regards to sex between a married couple..but if you notice when that married couple is in their 70's and 80's and rarely (if at all) still having sex..that bond is still there. What usually bothers married couples like this is not being married still to each other in Heaven...they don't ever ask about the sex. Many are truly heartbroken at the idea of not still having their mate as their mate. There have been some good debates on this ..you can probably do a search and find it..'marriage in Heaven'...the guy who debated we will still be married to our spouse actually made a good argument for it backed up with scripture. "Not given in marriage" doesn't exclude those already married...:hmm: Its an interesting topic. But then there is the passage that since death ends that contract..that commitment..Romans 7:2 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%207:2&version=NLT):hmm: So I don't know..

But sex was never brought up that I can remember. Just I don't..seems so carnal actually. "Pleasure of the flesh" just won't be high on the to do list I think...like I said everything points to the spiritual..not the flesh. You can see that in the following passage:

Galatians 5
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Since sex in the bible is ONLY approved when a person is married...and its debatable if marriage will continue in Heaven..sure doesn't sound like it..then how could God suddenly allow there what He didn't here on earth? Wouldn't make any sense.

I just couldn't image going and having sex with Jesus right there..I would want to be with Him...above anything else. That is my desire. Yea I will be like a puppy following Him around with a goofy smile on my face...but who cares..

God bless

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:36 AM
No, but it does tell us this.
the resurrected are not married or given in marriage.
What do you not understand?

I am saying that could this verse just be talking about levirate marriage? Thats what the saudducees were asking Jesus about, so in my original post i am just purposing that as a hypothesis. I understand that it can be interpreted as marriages of any kind will be abolished. I "understand" that, if thats what you are asking. It is interesting that Adam and Eve and there offspring didnt "marry or were given in marriage" marriage only came along later. And yes, i understand that God made 1 man for 1 woman, and that sex outside of this union(marriage ceremony or not) is SIN.

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 02:37 AM
Yes I realize that in regards to sex between a married couple..but if you notice when that married couple is in their 70's and 80's and rarely (if at all) still having sex..that bond is still there. What usually bothers married couples like this is not being married still to each other in Heaven...they don't ever ask about the sex. Many are truly heartbroken at the idea of not still having their mate as their mate. There have been some good debates on this ..you can probably do a search and find it..'marriage in Heaven'...the guy who debated we will still be married to our spouse actually made a good argument for it backed up with scripture. "Not given in marriage" doesn't exclude those already married...:hmm: Its an interesting topic. But then there is the passage that since death ends that contract..that commitment..Romans 7:2 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%207:2&version=NLT):hmm: So I don't know..

But sex was never brought up that I can remember. Just I don't..seems so carnal actually. "Pleasure of the flesh" just won't be high on the to do list I think...like I said everything points to the spiritual..not the flesh. You can see that in the following passage:

Galatians 5
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Since sex in the bible is ONLY approved when a person is married...and its debatable if marriage will continue in Heaven..sure doesn't sound like it..then how could God suddenly allow there what He didn't here on earth? Wouldn't make any sense.

I just couldn't image going and having sex with Jesus right there..I would want to be with Him...above anything else. That is my desire. Yea I will be like a puppy following Him around with a goofy smile on my face...but who cares..

God bless

Heaven is about Jesus... that should be your greatest desire. Moonglow i am not trying to say that heaven should just be about sex. Of course Jesus is the main attraction! By far!

Athanasius
Sep 18th 2010, 02:43 AM
To steal a Lewisian thought: whatever is in heaven will be to sex, what sex was to children who loved candy so much and thought there was nothing better. Whatever it is, it is presently incomprehensible.

BrckBrln
Sep 18th 2010, 03:00 AM
Has anybody ever asked whether there will be sex in hell?

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 03:01 AM
To steal a Lewisian thought: whatever is in heaven will be to sex, what sex was to children who loved candy so much and thought there was nothing better. Whatever it is, it is presently incomprehensible.

yea..what you said...:lol:

Heeves23

Heaven is about Jesus... that should be your greatest desire. Moonglow i am not trying to say that heaven should just be about sex. Of course Jesus is the main attraction! By far!

I understand and its a reasonable question of course..people are curious about what Heaven will be like..

Revelation is says the old is done away with:

Revelation 21
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Surprisingly too..and inspite of what the media says..there are alot of people that do not enjoy sex at all. Whether its physical or other medical problems or emotional or who knows what, there are just alot of people that don't like or care for sex much at all. Many who are married 'do their duty' but I think..to be frank here...see Heaven as a relief to be away from it and the demands or expectations. The media would have us think everyone is having sex..I even read some studies put out on this in the past that lied about it..more then likely most consenting adults are not having sex..married or not. I think they lied about it to manipulate people into thinking they needed to do what everyone else was doing...alot of products sold in that area you know..:rolleyes:

When I think about the Holiness and purity of God...I don't know..even married sex just doesn't seem right to me. Though I know He invented sex for the married people ..and I know He is everywhere right now...its just actually being in His presents where I can see Him...I just couldn't even fathom the idea of sex at all. But that is just me. I don't know if it can be proven through the bible or not, there won't be..I just have a hard time thinking there would be..guess one day we will find out. :)

God bless

Nihil Obstat
Sep 18th 2010, 03:02 AM
When Jesus said that in the resurrection there would be no more marrying or giving in marriage, He meant that there would be no more death parting spouses one from another. When He said we would be like the angels, He meant that we'd live forever. So He's actually saying the opposite. He's saying that marriage and, presumably, child bearing, will continue on into the next age. Peace.

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 03:03 AM
Has anybody ever asked whether there will be sex in hell?

Oh I am sure someone, somewhere has. Alot of people think they will be ruling in hell you know...one big party..:rolleyes:

You know the saying...better to rule in hell then serve in Heaven..:cool:

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 03:19 AM
yea..what you said...:lol:

I understand and its a reasonable question of course..people are curious about what Heaven will be like..

Revelation is says the old is done away with:

Revelation 21
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Surprisingly too..and inspite of what the media says..there are alot of people that do not enjoy sex at all. Whether its physical or other medical problems or emotional or who knows what, there are just alot of people that don't like or care for sex much at all. Many who are married 'do their duty' but I think..to be frank here...see Heaven as a relief to be away from it and the demands or expectations. The media would have us think everyone is having sex..I even read some studies put out on this in the past that lied about it..more then likely most consenting adults are not having sex..married or not. I think they lied about it to manipulate people into thinking they needed to do what everyone else was doing...alot of products sold in that area you know..:rolleyes:

When I think about the Holiness and purity of God...I don't know..even married sex just doesn't seem right to me. Though I know He invented sex for the married people ..and I know He is everywhere right now...its just actually being in His presents where I can see Him...I just couldn't even fathom the idea of sex at all. But that is just me. I don't know if it can be proven through the bible or not, there won't be..I just have a hard time thinking there would be..guess one day we will find out. :)

God bless

Well in a society where sex is so distorted and abused....... its easy for you(and me) to view it as not being holy. Sex can be a beatiful and great gift from God under the right guidlines.... but when you have pre-marrital sex and marry for the wrong reasons then it doesn't let it prosper the way it was intended

markedward
Sep 18th 2010, 03:30 AM
When Jesus said that in the resurrection there would be no more marrying or giving in marriage, He meant that there would be no more death parting spouses one from another. When He said we would be like the angels, He meant that we'd live forever. So He's actually saying the opposite. He's saying that marriage and, presumably, child bearing, will continue on into the next age. Peace.Will we be married the person we married in this life, or will we start everything over with someone else? The reason I ask is... what if someone gets married once out of love, their spouse dies, and they eventually marry someone else out of love? It's not arranged marriage or obligated marriage as the Law required, as is usually argued against when Jesus' statement is brought up.

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 03:36 AM
I am saying that could this verse just be talking about levirate marriage? Thats what the saudducees were asking Jesus about,No it was not. They asked

"whose wife shall she be of them?"
Jesus answered

when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

It is interesting that Adam and Eve and there offspring didnt "marry or were given in marriage" marriage only came along later.I have no idea why you think this.

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 03:44 AM
And if that's not clear enough

Luk 20:33 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.
Luk 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Luk 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Heeves23
Sep 18th 2010, 03:52 AM
No it was not. They asked

"whose wife shall she be of them?"
Jesus answered

when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
I have no idea why you think this.

It was what they were talking about. Under levirate marriage the widow would continue to remarry until the familly line was preserved. So thats why they asked Jesus "whos wife will she be." In any event, i am not saying that Jesus' response is ONLY talking about Levirate marriage. He could be referring to any definition of marriage, including Adam and Eve, if you read my original post you wouldve seen that, but the sadducees were talking just about Levirate marriage, i dont know how you don't see that.

Nihil Obstat
Sep 18th 2010, 04:20 AM
Will we be married the person we married in this life, or will we start everything over with someone else? The reason I ask is... what if someone gets married once out of love, their spouse dies, and they eventually marry someone else out of love? It's not arranged marriage or obligated marriage as the Law required, as is usually argued against when Jesus' statement is brought up.

Honestly, I don't know. All but one mentioned in this passage was married to more than one person in life: the woman, Moses, Abraham, and Jacob; only Isaac was married to one person. I don't get how it worked back then (relationally that seems so jacked up), and I don't know how it will work in the future when God restores all things. Presumably the woman would be married to her first husband, but as for the scenarios you presented, I don't know. On the matter I would agree with Paul: it would be better for the widowed not to remarry.

amazzin
Sep 18th 2010, 04:23 AM
Nope, "no more sorrow, no more pain".......

Sirus
Sep 18th 2010, 04:32 AM
It was what they were talking about.
......the sadducees were talking just about Levirate marriage, i dont know how you don't see that.Why were they talking about it? Because they did not believe in a resurrection. They thought they were proving the resurrection to be absurd. Why would they asked whose wife she would be in a resurrection they didn't believe in?

You've got to look at passages in their context. Both before and after, the validity of the word and power of God is the subject.

Jesus' answer was that the Sadducees
1) were in error for not believing in the resurrection
2) did not know the scriptures that teach the resurrection
3) did not know the power of God that is the resurrection
4) God is the God of the living not the dead

So why do you care what these 'know nothing' Sadducees were talking about? Jesus didn't.

Raybob
Sep 18th 2010, 07:31 AM
... Moonglow, yes heaven is something that "we can only imagine" but that doesn't rule out everything in this life too."

I think everything of this life in this world won't even come to our minds, including sex. Our 'spouse' will be Jesus.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
(Isa 65:17)

notuptome
Sep 18th 2010, 12:40 PM
No sex in heaven. No need for sex in heaven. Sex was given for procreation. No need to procreate in heaven.

Our spiritual resurrected bodies will not feel hunger or require sleep. Our bodies will be like the risen Christ's body. While it may be possible for our bodies to engage in sex our thoughts and desires will be unto the Lord and we will find no place for sexual thoughts. We will spend eternity engaged in more pure and noble activites than sex.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Br. Barnabas
Sep 18th 2010, 01:23 PM

Galatians 5

God bless

I think it was me you were referring to about the other thread about this topic. My arguement was that since a husband and wife are made one flesh in the act of the marriage union. Now if this takes place in the act of sex or in the actual act of the marriage ceremony, I am not sure, but I would argue that it is in the marriage ceremony. I know at least in mine the marriage was blessed before we had sex, the minister acting in the role of God blessed the marriage and declared that what God has joined together let no man seperate. So it would seem to be that the joining and becoming one flesh even happens before the sexual act.

But the point of the arguement was also at death or at the resurrection I cannot rip away a part of myself/my flesh. My would theorize that my very soul has been joined with that of my wife and her's with mine. As has already been pointed out that in the creation God blessed marriage and what we are trying to get back to is the perfect state that we had in the beginning. So in redeeming everything and in everything being made new, I believe that marriage is going to be in that. Even the best marriage is imperfect and I believe that in the redeeming of everything marriages will be redeemed and made perfect. In a perfect marriage like Adam and Eve's before the fall, we will be able to love each other perfectly and still be able to love God perfectly. I know that at this point in my life I cannot love God and my wife at the same time. I have to go away (ie the other room) from my wife in order to really pray to God and I have to come out of the room in order to really love my wife. But my loving my wife is based on the love that God has for her.

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 03:36 PM
I think it was me you were referring to about the other thread about this topic. My arguement was that since a husband and wife are made one flesh in the act of the marriage union. Now if this takes place in the act of sex or in the actual act of the marriage ceremony, I am not sure, but I would argue that it is in the marriage ceremony. I know at least in mine the marriage was blessed before we had sex, the minister acting in the role of God blessed the marriage and declared that what God has joined together let no man seperate. So it would seem to be that the joining and becoming one flesh even happens before the sexual act.

But the point of the arguement was also at death or at the resurrection I cannot rip away a part of myself/my flesh. My would theorize that my very soul has been joined with that of my wife and her's with mine. As has already been pointed out that in the creation God blessed marriage and what we are trying to get back to is the perfect state that we had in the beginning. So in redeeming everything and in everything being made new, I believe that marriage is going to be in that. Even the best marriage is imperfect and I believe that in the redeeming of everything marriages will be redeemed and made perfect. In a perfect marriage like Adam and Eve's before the fall, we will be able to love each other perfectly and still be able to love God perfectly. I know that at this point in my life I cannot love God and my wife at the same time. I have to go away (ie the other room) from my wife in order to really pray to God and I have to come out of the room in order to really love my wife. But my loving my wife is based on the love that God has for her.

I couldn't remember who it was...so if it was you then great. :) I agree the bond between a husband and wife doesn't happened during or after sexual relations but should be there before that actually..otherwise the bond is weak if its just based on sex. (my opinion on that) because eventual sex fades away or isn't possible...but that bond will go on.

I would ask though what about these verses?

Luke 20
34 Jesus replied, “Marriage is for people here on earth. 35 But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage.

Romans 7:2
For example, when a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband as long as he is alive. But if he dies, the laws of marriage no longer apply to her.

God bless

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 03:48 PM
Here is a good commentary on the passage in question..Luke 20..

Coffman Commentaries on the Old and New Testament
(http://www.studylight.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=lu&chapter=020)
Verses 27-33
And there came to him certain of the Sadducees, they that say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying, Teacher, Moses wrote unto us, that if a man's brother die, leaving a wife, and he be childless, his brother shall take the wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died childless, and the second, and the third took her; and likewise the seven also left no children, and died. Afterward the woman also died. In the resurrection therefore whose wife of them shall she be? for the seven had her to wife.

Verses 34-40
And Jesus said unto them, The sons of this world marry, and are given in marriage: but they that are accounted worthy to attain to that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: for neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the place concerning the bush when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Now he is not the God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. And certain of the scribes answering said, Teacher, thou hast said well. For they durst not any more ask him any question.

Parallels: Matthew 22:22-33; Mark 12:18-27.

The Sadducees' question regarded a projection that was theoretically possible, but actually quite unlikely and ridiculous on the face of it. It is impossible to see how they considered this any greater problem than if only two brothers had been involved in the marriage of one woman. Nevertheless, because, under the Levirate marriage required in Moses' law, such a development was not impossible, Jesus ignored the unlikelihood of it and answered it.

First, regarding marriage, such an institution will not be found in the eternal world. In this connection, one cannot help wondering about "marriage for eternity" as taught in Mormonism! Just as other fleshly relationships shall have been left behind, so marriage also will not exist in the next world.

Two worlds are clearly spoken of by Jesus in this passage. "This world" (Luke 20:34) and "that world" (Luke 20:35) are the designations Jesus used of the "here" and the "hereafter," nor is there the slightest hint of anything unreal about the future world. The Lord spoke with full authority of conditions there; and his words should illuminate all who heed them.

They are equal to the angels ...
The Sadducees had raised no question about angels, although, of course, as a matter of fact, they denied that any such beings existed; but Jesus applied the stretchers to their brains in this department also. The Lord not only spoke of angels as actual beings, but he revealed that men shall be equal to angels in the hereafter (see my Commentary on Hebrews, Hebrews 1:14).

Sons of God ... sons of the resurrection ...
This use of the two expressions synonymously is a pledge of a resurrection for the sons of God. The doctrine of the resurrection is a fundamental of Christianity; and no faith is adequate which denies it (see my Commentary on Hebrews, 6:2).

Even Moses ...
taught the resurrection of the dead; and the ignorance of the Sadducees of this was the reason for their not believing. Jesus said, "Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God" (Matthew 22:29).

Christ at once cited an example of Moses' teaching on the resurrection; and the incident referred to brings in focus Exodus 3:6:

And he (God) said, I AM the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

Significantly, Jesus made the argument for the resurrection to turn upon a single verb, AM, and the tense of the verb at that! Such faith in the Scriptures on the part of Jesus should inspire his followers to trust the Bible.

It is also significant that Jesus applied these words, I AM, to himself, referring to himself as "I AM" in Mark 6:30, 14:62, and John 18:5; and there can be no understanding of Jesus' use of this expression except as an affirmation of his Godhead.

God bless

Nihil Obstat
Sep 18th 2010, 04:24 PM
Our spiritual resurrected bodies will not feel hunger or require sleep. Our bodies will be like the risen Christ's body.

The resurrected Lord ate a number of times with His disciples...

moonglow
Sep 18th 2010, 04:29 PM
The resurrected Lord ate a number of times with His disciples...

yes but it doesn't say He needed too...He did for a reason...

God bless

Vhayes
Sep 18th 2010, 04:37 PM
Who CARES if there is sex in heaven? Seriously. If heaven is perfect, we will certainly have all we need to keep us content. God loves us - if he takes away sex, He'll certainly take away the desire/need for it. AND replace it with something much, much better.

Liquid Tension
Sep 18th 2010, 04:47 PM
Who CARES if there is sex in heaven?

And there you have it! :thumbsup:

ProDeo
Sep 18th 2010, 05:33 PM
Who CARES if there is sex in heaven?
Men of course ;)

Seriously. If heaven is perfect, we will certainly have all we need to keep us content. God loves us - if he takes away sex, He'll certainly take away the desire/need for it. AND replace it with something much, much better.

Agree...

I think a better question is why marriage will end.

Radagast
Sep 18th 2010, 11:14 PM
Matthew 22:30: At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

The phrase "like the angels in heaven" would have been interpreted by Jews as including not having sex: "Many Jewish thinkers also contrasted the nature of humanity with that of the angels ... most agreed that angels did not eat, drink, or propagate" -- Craig Keener

"We know little about angels, but this saying of Jesus makes it clear that they do not live in families as we do" -- Leon Morris

Sirus
Sep 19th 2010, 12:10 AM
Matthew 22:30: At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

The phrase "like the angels in heaven" would have been interpreted by Jews as including not having sex: "Many Jewish thinkers also contrasted the nature of humanity with that of the angels ... most agreed that angels did not eat, drink, or propagate" -- Craig KeenerWhile it was the more common Jewish view, it was not the only. A split in the opposite direction is the case with early Christians.
That angels do not propagate, not having female angels to propagate with, doesn't mean they don't have the ability.
Finally, angels don't eat? Gen 18:8, 19:3

Vhayes
Sep 19th 2010, 01:48 AM
Men of course ;)
Nah - There are plenty of women who like sex too. :-)

Agree...

Wellll - here I go, off the deep end. Are you ready? I think we are given the covenant and blessing of marriage so we can live in close communion with another. It's all preparation for heaven where we may be able to know the thoughts of others, feel the joy of others and be overjoyed at the happiness another has with no feelings of resentment or jealousy. Marriage is a training ground for what comes next.

Yes, I'm a little nuts :-)

TomH
Sep 19th 2010, 03:27 AM
Men of course ;)

Agree...

You ever hae thoughts about being married to your sister?:o:eek:

Nihil Obstat
Sep 19th 2010, 01:29 PM
The phrase "like the angels in heaven" would have been interpreted by Jews as including not having sex

Not true. Luke's account of this conversation is a bit more clear than the other two accounts.

Luke 20:36 for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

ProDeo
Sep 19th 2010, 07:55 PM
Wellll - here I go, off the deep end. Are you ready? I think we are given the covenant and blessing of marriage so we can live in close communion with another. It's all preparation for heaven where we may be able to know the thoughts of others, feel the joy of others and be overjoyed at the happiness another has with no feelings of resentment or jealousy. Marriage is a training ground for what comes next.

Who knows you are right.

My best guess: there won't be any new creatures (babies) anymore. Earth marriage is strong symbolism for the future wedding. After our wedding with Christ there is no more need. Maybe.....

Absolutely! :lol::hug:

ProDeo
Sep 19th 2010, 07:57 PM
You ever hae thoughts about being married to your sister?:o:eek:

First of all I don't have any ;), secondly I would remarry my wife.

Heeves23
Sep 19th 2010, 08:10 PM
Nah - There are plenty of women who like sex too. :-)

Your analysis could very well be right. If someone asked me whether or not there was sex in heaven i would say no. I just came across this interpretation and found it interesting. Jesus will take center stage in heaven and rightly so. I know as someone else pointed out it doesn't matter what heaven like because it will be great no matter what. But this is a bible chat forum, so you could make the case about other threads too that "it doesn't really matter," but all verses in the bible i will discuss. It is the word of God so i don't see it as "wasting timie" as some people might.

Ta-An
Sep 19th 2010, 08:28 PM

The act of sex is (Mainly) for procreation

Ta-An
Sep 19th 2010, 08:30 PM
I think a better question is why marriage will end.Ever heard of.....Mt 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mt 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

ProDeo
Sep 19th 2010, 09:26 PM
Ever heard of.....Mt 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mt 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Certainly. But I don't see the connection to no marriage in heaven.

Fenris
Sep 20th 2010, 01:40 AM
No bodies, so presumably no sex.

Sirus
Sep 20th 2010, 03:05 AM
No bodies?
Angels have bodies. Why wouldn't the resurrected? Just what do you think is resurrected, if not bodies?
Strange indeed.

John146
Sep 20th 2010, 06:45 PM
Luke 20:34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

It's pretty simple really. Jesus said that in this age people marry and are given in marriage. Then He contrasted that with "that age", which is the eternal age to come, and said in that age people will "neither marry nor are given in marriage". People won't be married in the age to come, therefore there would be no procreation in the age to come. We, as a whole, will be married to Christ so we will have no more desire or need for a human marriage relationship at that point. In this age woman was made for man to be a helper to him.

Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.

In the eternal age to come man will no longer need the help of a woman. The weaknesses we have during this age will be gone. His focus will be entirely on Christ and his relationship with Him and that will be the case for all of us. It never says that God made woman for man and that He intended for them to be together in a marriage relationship forever. If that was the case then He would have made a law against remarriage, but He never did.

John146
Sep 20th 2010, 07:06 PM
No bodies, so presumably no sex.You don't believe in the resurrection of the body? It's what the OT teaches.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 27Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Radagast
Sep 20th 2010, 08:30 PM
You don't believe in the resurrection of the body?

That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.

Ta-An
Sep 20th 2010, 08:34 PM
No bodies?
Angels have bodies. Why wouldn't the resurrected? Just what do you think is resurrected, if not bodies?
Strange indeed.

Angels are all 'male' :D

Ta-An
Sep 20th 2010, 08:34 PM
No bodies?
Strange indeed.

Sirus
Sep 21st 2010, 12:13 AM
Angels are all 'male' :DI don't know what you intended by this, but I agree. :D

knox knox
Sep 21st 2010, 01:34 AM

Hi there, I think there are women angel; Zech. 5:9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and look, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in there wings: for they wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

Sirus
Sep 21st 2010, 02:05 AM
Hi there, I think there are women angel; Zech. 5:9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and look, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in there wings: for they wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.They are not angels. They are part of a vision and they represent the Assyrians and Babylonians carrying away Israel.

Prince2lof
Apr 17th 2012, 10:59 PM
I was reading about Jesus' statement to the Sadduccees that at the resurrection "people will niether marry nor be given in marriage, nolonger can they die, they will be like the angels in heaven," and there was an interpretation i read that i hadn't really thought about before. It said that Jesus was telling them that in Levirate marriage wouldnt continue in the resurrection. That is arranged marriages and things like perpetuating the species(the reason why she kept on remarrying her husbands brother) won't continue. They were saying that Jesus was basically telling the sadduccees, that in the resurrection the woman would be married to none of the siblings, not a statement on the ultimate relational state of a man and a woman in general. So i was wondering what you guys think of this? True i understand that the pleasures of heaven will be far greater than earthly pleasures, and that in heaven we may not even desire sex(which is what the majority of christians believe), but since we will have physical bodies(Jesus' resurrection body) sexual intercourse would be possible, but not a forsure thing obviously. I know the church is "the bride of Christ" so people say that "marriage" is an earthly illustration to what real marriage is with Christ and yeah i get that and that makes a whole lot of sense. But my question is this, Do you think that in heaven that intimacy or romance will be totally taken away? I know this is speculative(or a lot of people act like the answer is NO without a doubt) but how do you guys interpret the Bible when it comes to this? If Adam never sinned then everybody would have a wife and such... but then thats playing a game of "what ifs". Anyways what are your thoughts on this subject? By the way, i know its not THE END OF THE WORLD if there is no sex in heaven i am just wondering what your opinions are.

Speculations Concerning the New Earth
When they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. Mark 12:25.

There are men today who express their belief that there will be marriages and births in the new earth, but those who believe the Scriptures cannot accept such doctrines. The doctrine that children will be born in the new earth is not a part of the "sure word of prophecy." The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family.

I would say to those who hold views contrary to this plain declaration of Christ: Upon such matters silence is eloquence. It is presumption to indulge in suppositions and theories regarding matters that God has not made known to us

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season." Do not bring to the foundation wood, and hay, and stubble--your own surmisings and speculations, which can benefit no one.

Christ withheld no truths essential to our salvation. Those things that are revealed are for us and our children, but we are not to allow our imagination to frame doctrines concerning things not revealed.

It is presented to me that spiritual fables are taking many captive. . . . To all who are indulging these unholy fancies I would say, Stop; for Christ's sake, stop right where you are. You are on forbidden ground.

The Lord has made every provision for our happiness in the future life. But He has made no revelations regarding these plans, and we are not to speculate concerning them. Neither are we to measure the conditions of the future life by the conditions of this life.

From Maranatha - Page 370

Prince2lof
Apr 18th 2012, 12:09 AM
Speculations Concerning the New Earth
When they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. Mark 12:25.

There are men today who express their belief that there will be marriages and births in the new earth, but those who believe the Scriptures cannot accept such doctrines. The doctrine that children will be born in the new earth is not a part of the "sure word of prophecy." The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family.

I would say to those who hold views contrary to this plain declaration of Christ: Upon such matters silence is eloquence. It is presumption to indulge in suppositions and theories regarding matters that God has not made known to us

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season." Do not bring to the foundation wood, and hay, and stubble--your own surmisings and speculations, which can benefit no one.

Christ withheld no truths essential to our salvation. Those things that are revealed are for us and our children, but we are not to allow our imagination to frame doctrines concerning things not revealed.

It is presented to me that spiritual fables are taking many captive. . . . To all who are indulging these unholy fancies I would say, Stop; for Christ's sake, stop right where you are. You are on forbidden ground.

The Lord has made every provision for our happiness in the future life. But He has made no revelations regarding these plans, and we are not to speculate concerning them. Neither are we to measure the conditions of the future life by the conditions of this life.

From Maranatha - Page 370

With that said:

Here is what Isaiah 11:4-9 says about the earth made new.

4But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Will there be sex in the Earth made new? Were told not to speculate about it, will there be small Children. Yes. Do we know how they get there NO. Is any of this information necessary for us to be saved? NO. Can adding and speaking where the Lord has not spoken keep us out of Heaven?

Revelation 22:17-19
King James Version (KJV)

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I will have to say Yes it can. So let's remember:

1 Corinthians 2:9
King James Version (KJV)

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

If I make it to heaven it want be because I understand wither or not we'll be having sex there. We will be there because we loved Jesus here and show that love to him in words and deeds to others here.

John 8:32
Apr 18th 2012, 11:00 AM
Yea that is kind of what I was thinking...sex in Heaven with Jesus there..:eek:.that just doesn't jive at all...:cool: I think what we will be experiencing will make sex look extremely dull and boring..don't think it will even cross anyone's mind actually..

God bless

Hmmm, how about in the garden?

Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Didn't embarass them or Him until...

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

After all...

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

God created sex and said it was very good. Only caveat to the matter is that it is to be used as God says within the guidelines He gave, this promiscuous society has misused this wonderful gift under the expert tutelage of Satan.

So, with the laws concerning sex in mind (one man, one woman, in marriage) consider...

Mat 22:30 For in theresurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as theangels of God in heaven.

Answer is, no there will be no sex in the Kingdom (we don't go to Heaven, it comes to the earth as many, many scriptures prove).

catlover
Apr 18th 2012, 12:52 PM

I know this question was asked a few years ago and I don't recall ever seeing it but I must say I am kind of appalled it was even posted. Good grief -- can't you use common sense to know the answer to it.

the rookie
Apr 18th 2012, 01:48 PM
This is a two-year old thread the the OP no longer involved in the conversation. Rather than dig up old conversations, start new ones with better thread titles :)

Thread closed...