PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS: The Great Bible Forum Logo Contest!

ProjectPeter
Sep 29th 2010, 02:50 PM
Okay guys. It's really very simple. We're in need of a new logo here at Bible Forums. We've had the same one for years now and the problem is... us Admin can run the forum but we've not a creative bone in our forum running bodies! So... we need your help!

We want a new logo. We want it to be exciting because we don't want to have to have another one for a long time. We've done this once before many moons ago and to be honest... the results were pretty boring. Today, however, there are many more tools to help folks build things like this and they are much easier to use. Someone with creativity could really do one up right nicely.

I will share more on this as we go along but right now I am looking for folks that are interested in getting together and putting various logo's out there for us to choose from. We'll even bring the finished products out here on the board for members to gawk at and give us their opinions... voting for what they like the best. The vote will be taken into EXTREME consideration but naturally since bdh owns the joint... bdh will ultimately make the final call. Afterall... members come and go but the owner stays forever! :D

Anyone interested in participating in this... sign up in the thread. I'll be putting this in a few select forum for traffic sake so if you sign up in one thread... no need to sign up in another. Ultimately I will merge them all together after a few days of getting a list of folks together for the project.

For prizes... Can't guarantee you anything right now but it is something that I am working on. What I can guarantee EVERYONE that participates... you will have four Admin who are very happy that you are doing this and each has the reputation giving power of 100 points. Doing the math... all serious participants are going to at least cop 400 rep points! Hopefully, I'll be able to put something together for a prize to the winner of the contest. Again though... no promises except for lots of rep points!

Now listen... If we get ten logo's... ain't but one of you going to win! So if you hate to lose and losing makes you mad then no matter how good you are at this, I'd rather you not play along! We don't want any feeling bent over something as simple as this. It's just common sense... we only need one logo so the more we have... there will be only one winner.

When the logo is picked... we will do a writeup for the article section on the winner and what inspired you etc. If you choose to just do the logo thing without the writeup... we can do that too. That's not set in stone... we just want to publicly thank the winner as well as other participants for the work they put into the endeavor.

So... any of you creative and game? :)

Redeemed by Grace
Sep 29th 2010, 03:56 PM
So I vote for dark blue text that follows the curve of an arch against black background.... Oops, I see that that has already been done... :)

ProjectPeter
Oct 2nd 2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah... you are about as creative as I am! :lol:

Zack702
Oct 4th 2010, 12:16 AM
What is the current logo is it the Bible Database image at the top left ?

I may be able to create a logo for consideration but no promises.
Is there any planned criteria that we could use or that we should follow ?

ProjectPeter
Oct 4th 2010, 12:26 AM
Check your private message box. :)

Lance
Oct 6th 2010, 05:33 AM
I'm GAME! Sign me up! I need to start sketching right away!