PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Adam knew...

xIRoyal KnightIx
Oct 5th 2010, 03:50 AM
I believe that because the bible says that eve took the fruit to her husband with her that it means adam knew what was happening, yet he still ate the fruit.

My question is...should we as husbands follow adams example when our spouses commit sin?

and im not saying that the husband is always in the right. so many times i see men yelling at their wifes using the wedding vows as a weapon against them saying...im the husband you the wife you must obey me and that means im right no matter what...this is wrong so in this question i am also speaking of should the wives follow adams example when us husbands sin?

-SEEKING-
Oct 5th 2010, 04:09 AM
My question is...should we as husbands follow adams example when our spouses commit sin?

No .

Vhayes
Oct 5th 2010, 04:23 AM

Good grief, why would you WANT to?

In my opinion - which is worth exactly nothing - a married couple are "one". You should function as one person - and I'm here to tell you that if the my eyes see a poison that "looks" good I pray my nose will tell me the truth before I drink it. The husband and the wife correct each other - with gentleness and great consideration for the other.
V

-SEEKING-
Oct 5th 2010, 04:25 AM
Good grief, why would you WANT to?

In my opinion - which is worth exactly nothing - a married couple are "one". You should function as one person - and I'm here to tell you that if the my eyes see a poison that "looks" good I pray my nose will tell me the truth before I drink it. The husband and the wife correct each other - with gentleness and great consideration for the other.
V

Exactly. Great point. :agree:

Rookie78
Oct 5th 2010, 05:23 PM
Sapphira met the same fate as her husband Ananias even though she was following her husband in lying to the disciples/Holy Spirit regarding the selling of their land. So I would say its definitely not right to sin with a spouse.

MoreMercy
Oct 8th 2010, 05:08 PM
I am not sure yet but maybe this question:
" My question is...should we as husbands follow adams example when our spouses commit sin? "
Maybe the question is meant as:
A husband and wife become one flesh, and a Husband or a wife can absolve the affects of disobedience of the other partner ?
There are portions of new testament writings and letters that hint of that possibility, (very strong hints to me personally)

Just tossing that out there.
Peace.

Pillar
Oct 15th 2010, 03:54 AM
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1)

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (James 5:16)

After hearing the confession, the response as instructed is to “pray for each other”, and not “hold each other accountable” or imposing any disciplinary measures. In other words, the confession is in fact for the benefit of the confessor, so as to experience grace demonstrated. There is no “accountability” going on.

DaveS
Oct 15th 2010, 04:40 AM
Just some more scriptural support for the fact that Adam knew what he was doing...

1.Tim.2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

DaveS
Oct 15th 2010, 04:48 AM
For your consideration...

Numbers 30:3-8 If a woman also vow a vow unto the LORD, and bind herself by a bond...
7And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her in the day that he heard it: then her vows shall stand, and her bonds wherewith she bound her soul shall stand.
8But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of none effect: and the LORD shall forgive her.

Is this passage saying that, as her husband, Adam could and should have "disallowed" Eve's action, and God would have forgiven her? :hmm:

Eliyah74743
Oct 16th 2010, 02:42 PM
Did Adam love Eve so much, that he was willing to give his life, just to be with her, even unto death?

Eve was decieved, while Adam wasn't, he freely disobeyed God. This disobedience brought on the curse, and caused God to expel them from the garden.

No Adam being the head, and stronger than Eve should not have eaten of the forbiden fruit. No matter what, if Adam had known what the end result would have been. I would like to think, he never would. However this "what if?" isn't fruitful, so I'll be quiet

TomH
Oct 16th 2010, 02:56 PM
I am not sure yet but maybe this question:
" My question is...should we as husbands follow adams example when our spouses commit sin? "
Maybe the question is meant as:
A husband and wife become one flesh, and a Husband or a wife can absolve the affects of disobedience of the other partner ?
There are portions of new testament writings and letters that hint of that possibility, (very strong hints to me personally)

Just tossing that out there.
Peace.

Wedding vows...til death do us part. There is no marriage in heaven. We stand in front of the Lord singly.

MoreMercy
Oct 17th 2010, 09:22 PM
Wedding vows...til death do us part. There is no marriage in heaven. We stand in front of the Lord singly.
Howdy TomH :wave:

I affirm with you there because of Romans Chapter 7 and Mark 12:25

But...
I am not and do not like to be a scripture lawyer friend.
That said, here I'll share with you to support my post from this thread on marriage absolving or covering one or the other's partner's sin:

1 Corinthians Chapter 7 starting verse 12 <--- the best one to make my point, but not to ignore the others I list

The latter part of Malachi - Chapter 2

Numbers Chapter 5 starting verse 11

Mark chapter 10, starting verse 5

1 Peter chapter 3

Ephesians Chapter 5 starting verse 20 <--- hard to digest my point here, so put it on a shelf for later if you have toLastly:
Nothing to do with my point made on this thread, but still beautiful and worth a look.
Ecclesiastes Chapter 9:9 <--- beautiful !

I am hoping you will allow me this TomH:
I have only listed these scriptures and new testament chapters and verses for you to feed, hoping the Spirit deposited in you will teach you, meaning: I will not debate or try to teach anyone the meaning of these chapters and verses, but only show where they are and allow Father to teach there.
So, if you do not agree with me on these chapters and verses, I am sorry but will not debate them here or anywhere else.

Father bless you and thank you for the examination.

ProjectPeter
Oct 17th 2010, 10:56 PM
Help me out here. Are you saying that an unbelieving wife (for example) will be allowed to enter heaven on the faith of a believing husband? Just wanting clarification here.

MoreMercy
Oct 17th 2010, 11:05 PM
Help me out here. Are you saying that an unbelieving wife (for example) will be allowed to enter heaven on the faith of a believing husband? Just wanting clarification here.

No PP, not going that far.

ProjectPeter
Oct 17th 2010, 11:14 PM
Didn't think so... just wanted to clarify!