PDA

View Full Version : I need a verse...

karenoka27
Oct 21st 2010, 04:16 PM
I am sending a card to an elderly woman who is getting tired in this life. I have a card to send her but for the life of me, I can't think of a verse to put in it. Any ideas? Thank you ahead of time.:hug:

Fenris
Oct 21st 2010, 04:26 PM
Isaiah 40:30 Now youths shall become tired and weary, and young men shall stumble. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

karenoka27
Oct 21st 2010, 04:31 PM
Fenris, thank you. I am wondering how much running she will do at 89 years old..:D except into the arms of her Savior.

I love your signature and every time I see it, I am reminded to pray for Jerusalem.:hug:

tango
Oct 21st 2010, 04:33 PM
Isaiah 40:30 Now youths shall become tired and weary, and young men shall stumble. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Exactly what I'd have said. I would rep you but apparently I have to spread the love around first... need to get back in the habit of giving reps out.

-SEEKING-
Oct 21st 2010, 04:34 PM
Exactly what I'd have said. I would rep you but apparently I have to spread the love around first... need to get back in the habit of giving reps out.

Don't worry. I repped him for you. And I gave you the credit for it.

karenoka27
Oct 21st 2010, 04:37 PM
I repped Fenris for you as well...a double honor on your behalf!

Now back to my need:
Is that verse OK to send someone who may be on their deathbed? She has been in a nursing home for some time and she appears to be winding down as what is normal when our life has been fulfilled....

Uncle Bud
The one (three) that comes to mind is:

John 14:1-3

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I thought there was one about "even in thine old age" but I could not find it on Google.

Fenris
It is a beautiful promise by God, isn't it?

jayne
Oct 21st 2010, 04:53 PM
I like the verse that Fenris suggested. To me it's talking about perseverance and not necessarily literally running.

Here's another one.

Isaiah 46:4 (NIV) “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

or here it is in the Living Bible translation

Isaiah 46:3b-4a LB "I have created you and cared for you since you were born. I will be your God through all your lifetime, Yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you.”

karenoka27
Oct 21st 2010, 04:58 PM
I love every one of these verses and I thank you all so much. I have enough room on the card to put a few of them! Her daughter will be reading them to her when she gets the card. Thanks again!

Uncle Bud
Oct 21st 2010, 05:01 PM
Jayne,

Isaiah 46:4 was the one I was looking for. Thank you for posting it.

tango
Oct 22nd 2010, 02:50 AM
It is a beautiful promise by God, isn't it?

It certainly is!

Eliyah74743
Oct 22nd 2010, 03:47 AM
We have all known and have been influenced by people like Peter. Every one of us has our “hero” that we have looked up to through the years. Perhaps it was a parent that was your hero, or an uncle/aunt, or grandparent. Perhaps it was a helpful teacher or an encouraging coach. Perhaps it was a preacher, or pastor, or a silver-haired saint.

Eliyah