PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Can't find verse? About speaking with individual, not others of issue

alwaysaskin
Nov 13th 2010, 12:32 AM
Hi all, I'm new and have a question I was hoping to find some help with. Recently I've dealt with people in my church having issues with the actions of others, but I have noticed that instead of speaking with the individual the issue or sinful behavior is with, they are speaking to OTHERS about the problem and creating division within the group. In fact, I have seen there be an issue that everybody knows about EXCEPT the original person, who may not have even known they were acting as a stumbling block to others. I know there is a verse somewhere that spells this out, but I cannot find it or recall what the verse is.

I teach a Sunday class to several of the young adults in my church, and would like to plan a lesson around this topic, so any relevant verses would be much appreciated. Thank you all very much.

-SEEKING-
Nov 13th 2010, 12:42 AM
I can't think of a scripture right now, but I think that SHOULD be common sense.

Firefighter
Nov 13th 2010, 01:19 AM
Look in Matthew 18:15-20 ;)

notuptome
Nov 13th 2010, 02:33 PM
2 Cor 12:20 refers to these as backbiters. I love the old King James English here. We call it gossip today but what you have in your church is just plain of backbiting among those who should be demonstrating love for one another fervently. 1 Pet 1:22

For the cause of Christ
Roger