PDA

View Full Version : False Teachers

Punchy
Dec 7th 2010, 03:21 AM
It seems like everywhere you look on TV there are false teachers. I can't give out names ( because for some reason you aren't allowed to speak out against ministers here ), but some of you probably know who i'm talking about. Mostly you see all of the false teachers/ prophets on the tele-thons to " Pimp God " basically and promise if you give X amount of money you'll get a miracle.

Now, I know about sowing and reaping, and I know God blesses his people, but alot of these televangelists manipulate the word of God for their own gain. Go search on youtube and you will get some pretty good videos that expose these " gospel of greed " preachers and teachers.

Read 1 Timothy 4

embankmentlb
Dec 7th 2010, 03:29 AM
It's not the oldest game on the book but it's a little over 2000 years old!

-SEEKING-
Dec 7th 2010, 03:44 AM
I think you already discussed this. Is a second thread really necessary?

RabbiKnife
Dec 7th 2010, 03:53 AM
All false teachers are not found on TV.

Many are found on the internet in various forums.

Punchy
Dec 7th 2010, 03:55 AM
All false teachers are not found on TV.

Many are found on the internet in various forums.

What's that supposed to mean?

RabbiKnife
Dec 7th 2010, 03:59 AM

Exactly what it says.

-SEEKING-
Dec 7th 2010, 04:00 AM

That false teachers aren't limited to the tube.

Slug1
Dec 7th 2010, 04:02 AM
What's that supposed to mean?It means beware of all you read on forums.

Slug1
Dec 7th 2010, 04:03 AM
That false teachers aren't limited to the tube.Tried to rep you for your avatar... can't yet. So... COOL avatar!

-SEEKING-
Dec 7th 2010, 04:11 AM
Tried to rep you for your avatar... can't yet. So... COOL avatar!

Thanks. For your kindness, I have repped you.

Punchy
Dec 7th 2010, 04:17 AM
How come when I post on here, nobody takes my topics seriously? Every time I make a topic it ALWAYS gets off topic. All I wanted to do is have a discussion with other christians and I'm seen as a joke.

-SEEKING-
Dec 7th 2010, 04:19 AM
What do you expect to get out of this? Yes there are phony preachers. Yes there are phony teachers. Yes there are phony politicians. Yes there are phony employees. It happens everywhere. Guess what? They'll have to answer to God. If you don't trust them, don't send them money. It's really that simple.

Steward
Dec 7th 2010, 05:19 AM
RE: False teachers

"There is nothing new under the sun"

- Solomon

Amos_with_goats
Dec 7th 2010, 05:43 AM
Punchy,

What are you for?

False teachers are bad (as I am sure all who have posted to this thread agree).

What are you for though? Maybe you would be better served to talk about that.

Blessings,

Vhayes
Dec 7th 2010, 05:46 AM
Punchy, you do realize that by talking about these men you are continuing to keep their names/methods/"gifts" in the spotlight, right?

Rather than dwell on the negatives and all that people do wrong, pray for these men & women, pray for their victims that their eyes be opened and leave the rest to the Holy Spirit. Then, praise God for all that is good.

Philippians 4
8 - Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Steward
Dec 7th 2010, 05:22 PM
Amen, Amen, Amen