PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know where to put this post....Moved from GiC

jerome braud
Dec 15th 2010, 09:50 PM
so I put it here. A little thought that zipped through my peabrain while listening to a song of praise. It goes to the fact that at a young age Jesus went to the Temple with his parents, he preached and taught to the scholars/rabbis in the courts. Mary and Joseph were half way back to Nazareth before they noticed No Jesus. When they returned to Jerusalem in a state of parental fear they go back to the Temple and there he is. When asked about it He responds I am in my Fathers house. It occurred to me that He felt the love pouring out of the Holy of Holies where His Fathers spirit dwelled, yet knew that He couldn't go in for a hug because at that moment He was not the High Priest.

David Taylor
Dec 15th 2010, 10:17 PM
Jesus didn't need to go anywhere to find a hug from His father. The Father's Spirit was always with Jesus. His high-priestly roll was for our benefit, fulfilling the OT pre-type scriptures, not for any benefit of His own.

MoreMercy
Dec 16th 2010, 08:52 PM
so I put it here. A little thought that zipped through my peabrain while listening to a song of praise. It goes to the fact that at a young age Jesus went to the Temple with his parents, he preached and taught to the scholars/rabbis in the courts. Mary and Joseph were half way back to Nazareth before they noticed No Jesus. When they returned to Jerusalem in a state of parental fear they go back to the Temple and there he is. When asked about it He responds I am in my Fathers house. It occurred to me that He felt the love pouring out of the Holy of Holies where His Fathers spirit dwelled, yet knew that He couldn't go in for a hug because at that moment He was not the High Priest.

I understand what you are saying about why Jesus went to the temple where the Holy of holies was residing (where God's love flowed from).

I am positive that at that time when this happened in history though, that Christ Jesus was the only one who recognized Himself as the only Father ordained valid High Priest.
Meaning, that it was not time for Jesus to reveal to the world His true identity yet, but He could have went straight in and got any amount of hugs He desired from Father, or anything else He desired for that matter, but only did and does His Fathers desires, forsaking His own desires, amen.

Nice thoughts, thank you for sharing them too.

Father bless.