PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Jesus

percho
Dec 21st 2010, 06:25 AM
Was (So God created man in his image, in the image of God created he him) Adam, predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his (That is God's) Son (Jesus)? That he (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Was the images spoken of here the same or different? Keep in mind this, "that in all he (Jesus) might have the preeminence."

LookingUp
Dec 21st 2010, 07:19 PM
Huh…if Adam was already born in God’s image, why would he have been predestined to be conformed to God’s image? "scratching my head"

percho
Dec 21st 2010, 08:44 PM
Huh…if Adam was already born in God’s image, why would he have been predestined to be conformed to God’s image? "scratching my head"

I agree it is a difficult to understand the way I put it.. Let me try this way. Is the image of those in Romans 8:29 the same image that Adam was created with or something different. I ask this with my understanding that the image spoken of in Romans is the image of the resurrected Christ and for us to to be conformed to that image we also would need to be resurrected. That is the reason I ask about the image Adam was created with.

Included it my first post would be should we consider Adam saved or unsaved. I would assume if he were saved he would be of the predestined.

LookingUp
Dec 21st 2010, 09:55 PM
I agree it is a difficult to understand the way I put it.. Let me try this way. Is the image of those in Romans 8:29 the same image that Adam was created with or something different.I never thought of that before, but I’m now thinking it would have to be different.

I ask this with my understanding that the image spoken of in Romans is the image of the resurrected Christ and for us to to be conformed to that image we also would need to be resurrected. That is the reason I ask about the image Adam was created with.Right. I, too, always thought we were being conformed to the image of His Son which culminates in our resurrection. Adam, of course, has not gone through that culmination yet. So, the “images” must be different. Right?

Included it my first post would be should we consider Adam saved or unsaved. I would assume if he were saved he would be of the predestined.I assume Adam was of faith and will be resurrected and thus conformed to the image of His Son.

One was created in the image of God who had not yet been resurrected. The other will be conformed to the image of the resurrected God.

percho
Dec 22nd 2010, 01:50 AM
I never thought of that before, but I’m now thinking it would have to be different.

Right. I, too, always thought we were being conformed to the image of His Son which culminates in our resurrection. Adam, of course, has not gone through that culmination yet. So, the “images” must be different. Right?

I assume Adam was of faith and will be resurrected and thus conformed to the image of His Son.

One was created in the image of God who had not yet been resurrected. The other will be conformed to the image of the resurrected God.

Now you can understand why my OP was hard to understand. It was hard to word right and I tried to do it using 2 scriptures dovetailed together.

What made me start to think about this is I believe 1 Cor. 15:45 Says the first man Adam was made a living soul. Well this whole chapter is about resurrection from the dead. We know from other scriptures that the Word was made flesh, the Word was made in the likeness of men, the Word was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, partaker of flesh and blood now back to 1 Cor. 15:45 speaking of Jesus it says: the last Adam a quickening spirit.

It is as if God is finishing what he started with the first man Adam through the last Adam notice it did not say last man Adam but last Adam even though the Word had been made like us however the first man was made in his likeness. I believe this quickening spirit is the resurrected Jesus in whose image we are to be conformed.

4Piilars
Dec 22nd 2010, 05:11 PM
I believe to be created in the image and likeness of God is to be created in Christ - the express image and likeness of God.

Based on my biblical opinion only....

I believe that in the day Adam & Eve were created in the image and likeness of God, both (A&E) have already committed their "original sin"... Genesis 5:1-3 should attest to this fact.

God Bless