PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a verse...

navillus
Dec 28th 2010, 04:44 PM
There is a verse that is important to me, but I can't seem to locate it. In general it states that in the end you will understand. Not much to go on, but if you have any idea I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michael

davidtriune
Dec 28th 2010, 04:50 PM
Are you thinking about these? :

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Col 2:1-3 (ESV)

This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
1 Tim 2:3-4 (ESV)

They shall not hurt or destroy
in all my holy mountain;
for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:9 (ESV)

Brother Mark
Dec 28th 2010, 04:53 PM
Maybe this one...

1 Cor 13:1
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
NASU

-SEEKING-
Dec 28th 2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe this one...

1 Cor 13:1
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
NASU

Argh. You beat me to it. Good job.

davidtriune
Dec 28th 2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe these ones? :
The anger of the Lord will not turn back
until he has executed and accomplished
the intents of his heart.
In the latter days you will understand it clearly.
Jer 23:20 (ESV)

The fierce anger of the Lord will not turn back
until he has executed and accomplished
the intentions of his mind.
In the latter days you will understand this.
Jer 30:24 (ESV)

navillus
Dec 28th 2010, 06:30 PM
Wow! Thanks for the quick responses. I do not believe any of these are the verse I am searching for, but a number of them certainly apply and help.

I lost a daughter and have repeatedly asked the Lord to one day grant me understanding as to why. One Sunday the bulletin had a verse that gave me that hope. I saved the bulletin ... and of course lost it. Unfortunately my pastor does not save the contents of old bulletins, so I have been searching for the verse.

Several of the verses above help to address the concern. I really appreciate the responses.

Brother Mark
Dec 28th 2010, 06:33 PM
I almost posted this scripture earlier but it didn't seem to be what you were looking for. However, with your latest post, I think it may apply.

1 Peter 4:12-13

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
NIV

navillus
Dec 28th 2010, 07:03 PM
Brother Mark - thank you. Still not the verse I was looking for, but certainly one I can take faith in.

david
Jan 3rd 2011, 12:06 AM
This may not be the one, but I like this one:

"Behold, as the eyes of servants
look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maidservant
to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God,
till he has mercy upon us (Psalms 123:2 ESV)."

Look to god always.

BroRog
Jan 3rd 2011, 10:29 PM
There is a verse that is important to me, but I can't seem to locate it. In general it states that in the end you will understand. Not much to go on, but if you have any idea I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
MichaelHow about this one?
Jeremiah 23:20
The anger of the Lord will not turn back until He has performed and carried out the purposes of His heart; In the last days you will clearly understand it.

Jeremiah 30:24
The fierce anger of the Lord will not turn back Until He has performed and until He has accomplished The intent of His heart; In the latter days you will understand this.