PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Need help choosing a verse!

Jjackson
Jan 3rd 2011, 06:18 PM
I'm shooting a documentary about the spiritual aspect of going into the wilderness and nature, and need some help choosing one. I had "Narrow is the Way" chosen, but it won't end up working. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Something to do with nature, dedication, journeys or something similar. Thanks for your help!

TomH
Jan 3rd 2011, 06:49 PM
Might as well start at the beginning.

Genesis 3:
23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Jjackson
Jan 3rd 2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Not sure I can grab a good title out of those though.

BroRog
Jan 3rd 2011, 10:15 PM
I'm shooting a documentary about the spiritual aspect of going into the wilderness and nature, and need some help choosing one. I had "Narrow is the Way" chosen, but it won't end up working. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Something to do with nature, dedication, journeys or something similar. Thanks for your help!Not sure what you have in mind. Perhaps if you could tell us what relationship nature has to spirituality according to your documentary. From my perspective, the main emphasis the Bible gives to nature as it relates to spirituality is the fact that we can deduce the existence, glory, eternal power, divine nature of God from what he has made. Romans 1:20 comes to mind. However, there are a lot of verses in Job and the Psalms suggesting the same idea. God can be known from what he has created.

Jjackson
Jan 4th 2011, 03:01 AM
Good point. Romans 1:20 was alright, but do you have any suggestions within Job and Psalms that might be good?

TomH
Jan 4th 2011, 03:21 AM
Might I suggest reading Psalms, along with Job, and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you in your search.

It'll be a practice journey.:hmm:;)

david
Jan 4th 2011, 06:25 AM
I'm shooting a documentary about the spiritual aspect of going into the wilderness and nature, and need some help choosing one. I had "Narrow is the Way" chosen, but it won't end up working. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Something to do with nature, dedication, journeys or something similar. Thanks for your help!

Starting from genesis 1:1, I would use perhaps chapters one and two of that book.

dan
Jan 4th 2011, 07:31 AM

Perhaps these in the nature category?

PS 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

GEN 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Jjackson
Jan 5th 2011, 01:48 AM
Hmm can't seem to find anything in Genesis or Job. Still need to read through Psalms and probably Proverbs as well. Ya'll are making good suggestions, and I appreciate it! Any others?