PDA

View Full Version : Tempted, tried, proved...?

karenoka27
Jan 7th 2011, 09:30 PM
What is the difference between being tempted, tried and or proved?

James 3:13 it says "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"
1 Cor. 10:13 it says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
Psalm 66:10-"For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried."
Job 23:10-"But He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

RollTide21
Jan 7th 2011, 10:38 PM

James 3:13 it says "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"
1 Cor. 10:13 it says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
Psalm 66:10-"For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried."
Job 23:10-"But He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."Tempted = The fleshly nature or Satan (whichever you prescribe to) attempting to get us to sin.
Proved = Established
Tried = test that results in being Proved

If you put them together in a single idea: We are tried in life. This can be hardship or being tempted. If we allow God to lead us through these trials, we become proved.

How's that?

Brother Mark
Jan 8th 2011, 01:59 AM

Job 23:10-"But He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

When we are tested, the enemy will tempt us to do evil.

Tested = God waiting till Abraham and Sarah were really old and "dead" before granting them Isaac. But He gave them a promise. Psalms says "The word of the Lord is tested."

Tempted = Take Hagar and let's have a child that way.