PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the difference between joy and happiness?

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 12:53 AM
I occasionally hear people say that joy and happiness are two different things. Why do think they are the same or different?

I think they are the same but different in intensity. Also, I think there is joy from the Lord and joy from the world and joy from our circumstances, etc. IOW, I think the main difference is the source. I'll come back later and give some reasons why.

karenoka27
Jan 10th 2011, 01:37 AM
I agree it is the source of where our joy comes from. I think of happiness as being temporary, something that makes you happy at that moment due to circumstances. Joy is something that happens inside of you and does not depend on outward circumstances. The source of joy comes from the Lord. Happiness can come from things or those around us.
John 15:11-"These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:45 AM
I agree it is the source of where our joy comes from. I think of happiness as being temporary, something that makes you happy at that moment due to circumstances. Joy is something that happens inside of you and does not depend on outward circumstances. The source of joy comes from the Lord. Happiness can come from things or those around us.
John 15:11-"These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

Are the words happy and joyful interchangeable?

For instance, I think that one can be happy because of circumstances or happy in the Lord. Or one can be joyful because of circumstances or joyful in the Lord. Are those sentences the same? I think they may be different in intensity.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:56 AM
OK. I got interrupted and had to stop for a moment. Here are some definitions for joy and happiness from dictionary.com

joy - 1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation: She felt the joy of seeing her son's success.
2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: Her prose style is a pure joy.
3.the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4.a state of happiness or felicity.

and happiness

1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

Sometimes, joy can mean a more intense sense of happiness.

Anyway, I would describe happiness and joy as much the same emotion. The difference is, where is our treasure? What is it that makes us happy/joyful? Certainly our circumstances can! No doubt. But so can God himself.

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 02:15 AM
I've always though of it this way: Joy is the expression of what God is/has done in me. Happiness is the expression of what I have done.

Which is why when all I have done has failed and the world around me seems to be crashing down, I am still JOYFUL in Christ and all that is failing all around me, really doesn't matter.

Why is that homeless person who has Christ joyful compared to that successful businessman who has all he can possible own and wants to by more so he can maintain his happiness?

When the businessman looses his fortune, does he lose his happiness also?

If this same businessman was also in Christ... would he lose both his happiness and joy if he was to lose his fortune?

I think he'd still be joyful.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 02:30 AM
OK. Sure. But why make that distinction between joy and happiness? Does the word make that difference between those two words?

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 02:55 AM
OK. Sure. But why make that distinction between joy and happiness? Does the word make that difference between those two words?Don't know... do a search on the word happiness and then another search on the word joy at Biblegateway. I use the NKJV for all my searches and for the word happiness... not much.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 03:17 AM
Don't know... do a search on the word happiness and then another search on the word joy at Biblegateway. I use the NKJV for all my searches and for the word happiness... not much.

Agreed. What does blessed mean in the Psalms?

Blessed = OT:835 'esher (eh'-sher); from OT:833; happiness; only in masculine plural construction as interjection, how happy!:

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Just because the word isn't there doesn't mean the concept isn't.

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 03:26 AM
Agreed. What does blessed mean in the Psalms?

Blessed = OT:835 'esher (eh'-sher); from OT:833; happiness; only in masculine plural construction as interjection, how happy!:

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Just because the word isn't there doesn't mean the concept isn't.OK... so let's find all the scriptures in Psalms with the word "blessed" and dive into the context of the usage of the word blessed?

We need to see if the context of the blessings are of the work God has done "in" the person or what God has allowed them to have from the world, as in prospering them.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 03:49 AM
OK... so let's find all the scriptures in Psalms with the word "blessed" and dive into the context of the usage of the word blessed?

We need to see if the context of the blessings are of the work God has done "in" the person or what God has allowed them to have from the world, as in prospering them.

It is a work God has done "in" the person. IMO, it's about the source. We can have joy/happiness in the Lord or joy/happiness from the world. (Though I do think that joy can be more intense than happiness they can be synonyms.) I have heard teaching that joy and happiness are different. But I can't find much difference in the words definition or usage. What I can find a difference in is the source joy may come from. Here's a few verses with blessed in it from the scriptures.

Deut 33:29

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
KJV

Job 5:17

17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
KJV

Ps 1:1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
KJV

Ps 32:2

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
KJV

Ps 40:4

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
KJV

There are plenty more scriptures where the word is used but this is a good start.

Vhayes
Jan 10th 2011, 04:03 AM
Mark, this is just my opinion and not based in any word studies so feel free to take it or leave it - Happiness is fleeting; the shine wears off the new car, the new dress gets a rip in it, the house needs painted. It's almost always external "things" or people that make us happy. Joy is deep seated and cultivated, more internally driven in that "happy" circumstances have no effect on the joy. Happiness is laughter and smiles when things are going well. Joy is an internal peace that is always accompanied by a smile even when in the worst of circumstances.
V

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 04:05 AM
Mark, this is just my opinion and not based in any word studies so feel free to take it or leave it - Happiness is fleeting; the shine wears off the new car, the new dress gets a rip in it, the house needs painted. It's almost always external "things" or people that make us happy. Joy is deep seated and cultivated, more internally driven in that "happy" circumstances have no effect on the joy. Happiness is laughter and smiles when things are going well. Joy is an internal peace that is always accompanied by a smile even when in the worst of circumstances.
V

Yea. I have heard that before too. But why do we teach it that way? What is it in scripture that makes us think joy and happiness are two different things? Is it not just as correct to say that the happiness we receive from God is deeper but happiness we receive from a new car is fleeting? Why do we say that joy is different than happiness? I get that joy from the Lord and joy based in circumstances is different. What I don't get, is why we try to say joy and happiness are different. That's pretty much what I am aiming at in this thread.

Thanks for sharing. BTW, I liked your response to Andrew in his thread on joy and the point you made on the source of each. For me, that helped answer something I had wondered about before.

Vhayes
Jan 10th 2011, 04:08 AM
I don't know, frankly. I will say that I have see evil people be happy but I have never seen one who shows joy. Maybe that's the reason I see a difference, because I have seen it?

jeffweeder
Jan 10th 2011, 04:09 AM
Joy is deep seated and cultivated, more internally driven in that "happy" circumstances have no effect on the joy. Happiness is laughter and smiles when things are going well. Joy is an internal peace that is always accompanied by a smile even when in the worst of circumstances.
V

I was wondering how i was gonna explain it, but this quote is perfect.

I was so Happy to realise that Jesus is Lord, but the Joy of that gets more intense as i grow.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 04:12 AM
I don't know, frankly. I will say that I have see evil people be happy but I have never seen one who shows joy. Maybe that's the reason I see a difference, because I have seen it?

But then why do you say what you see in that lost person is happiness and not joy? Is what you've seen the difference in the joy of the Lord and the joy of circumstances? Or is it the difference in joy and happiness? See what I am getting at?

The dictionary makes them synonyms. So why do we make them different? It seems to cloud something really important, IMO... that the Source of our joy is what is important and lasting and it is what makes joy abiding and deeper!

Vhayes
Jan 10th 2011, 04:15 AM
Oh yes! Agreed. Only the Holy Spirit brings joy - it is part of the fruit of the Spirit after all.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 04:18 AM
I was wondering how i was gonna explain it, but this quote is perfect.

I was so Happy to realise that Jesus is Lord, but the Joy of that gets more intense as i grow.

Is this different than saying I am more intensely happy as I grow? (I will admit that joy can mean a more intense happiness so you may be on to something here.)

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 04:24 AM
Oh yes! Agreed. Only the Holy Spirit brings joy - it is part of the fruit of the Spirit after all.

Almost maybe. The holy Spirit does bring joy! But so does winning a new car. The difference is that the fruit of the Spirit can be deeper and abiding and life changing. The joy brought on by the new car fades with the car and sometimes even faster than the car. I don't see the emotion as that different. But I do see one having a deeper and longer lasting impact because the Source!

I wasn't sure when I started this thread, but a thought is starting to come to me. Have we made a distinction in happiness and joy in order to explain something that we know is different? For instance, by making a difference in the words happy and joy we are trying to express how much greater the reward is from the Lord. But in doing so, I wonder if we have not confused the matter and focused instead on the words instead of the source!

For instance, if I say ice cream makes me happy. But a new car makes me happier. That makes sense to most people. So could I not say that a new car brings me joy. But Jesus gives me joy that is unexplainable and full of glory! Now I am bringing the focus back to the Source!

It was your post in answer to Andrew that got me to thinking about the "source" of joy being key.

jeffweeder
Jan 10th 2011, 04:26 AM
The more Joyous you are makes one happier than what you first thought.

Eternal joy is only found in the Lord God.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 04:31 AM
Eternal joy is only found in the Lord God.

Amen!...............

jeffweeder
Jan 10th 2011, 04:34 AM
:spin: Im so Happy at the moment that i cant contain my Joy

Vhayes
Jan 10th 2011, 04:36 AM
:spin: Im so Happy at the moment that i cant contain my Joy
:lol: :spin:

Well, as long as you have love and peace to go with it, we know where it came from :-)

TomH
Jan 10th 2011, 04:45 AM
Joy is free.

Happiness is bought.

Diggindeeper
Jan 10th 2011, 04:50 AM
It seems worth mentioning (to me, anyway) that these are the fruit of the spirit:

Galations 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

No mention of 'happiness' at all! But joy...yes, it will be evident as a fruit of the spirit. Just now, something dawned on me. (I call it a lightbulb moment...don't get many of those any more, at my age! LOL) But as I say, it dawned on me...maybe anything that tends towards our flesh makes us happy. But if it is anything that speaks to our spirit, now THAT is JOY. And once in a while, the word happy is just plain insufficient for that sometimes, once-every-now-and-then, not very often joy that is indescribable!

tango
Jan 10th 2011, 10:37 AM
I occasionally hear people say that joy and happiness are two different things. Why do think they are the same or different?

I think they are the same but different in intensity. Also, I think there is joy from the Lord and joy from the world and joy from our circumstances, etc. IOW, I think the main difference is the source. I'll come back later and give some reasons why.

Interesting question, as usual :)

I think the two are different although on the face of it they have some aspects in common.

To me happiness is something that tends to be transient. I might be happy because I got a promotion at work, or had a good service at church, or a good evening out with friends, or whatever. But that happiness can turn to sadness under different circumstances.

Joy is something deeper. It's hard to see how someone might be happy in a prison cell, but they might still have a joyfulness that comes from above.

So if I had to summarise I'd say that happiness tends to be internal based on us and what we are experiencing while joyfulness is divine in its source.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:11 PM
It seems worth mentioning (to me, anyway) that these are the fruit of the spirit:

Galations 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

No mention of 'happiness' at all! But joy...yes, it will be evident as a fruit of the spirit. Just now, something dawned on me. (I call it a lightbulb moment...don't get many of those any more, at my age! LOL) But as I say, it dawned on me...maybe anything that tends towards our flesh makes us happy. But if it is anything that speaks to our spirit, now THAT is JOY. And once in a while, the word happy is just plain insufficient for that sometimes, once-every-now-and-then, not very often joy that is indescribable!

I understand there is no mention of happiness. But joy and happiness are synonyms. It just as easily could have been happiness is a fruit of the Spirit.

My question... why do we make the words mean something different?

Blessed is often happiness in the OT.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:12 PM
Interesting question, as usual :)

I think the two are different although on the face of it they have some aspects in common.

To me happiness is something that tends to be transient. I might be happy because I got a promotion at work, or had a good service at church, or a good evening out with friends, or whatever. But that happiness can turn to sadness under different circumstances.

Joy is something deeper. It's hard to see how someone might be happy in a prison cell, but they might still have a joyfulness that comes from above.

So if I had to summarise I'd say that happiness tends to be internal based on us and what we are experiencing while joyfulness is divine in its source.

That seems to be what people are saying. But I would say "happiness from the Lord is deeper while happiness based in circumstance is fleeting."

What I am getting at is we have taken synonyms and given them different meanings. Why do you suppose that is? For instance, if I say something is freezing isn't that the same as saying something is frigid?

Blessed in the OT means happy.

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 01:48 PM
Another thought of mine :P

Happiness is from blessings because this is what God gives us and thus, we are happy.

Joy is still a blessing but the difference, since joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit... joy is from what God does "through" us, not anything He gives to us. We are blessed because God is working through us and we also are full of joy as this joy is produced, not given.

We can't forget that during the OT times, the Holy Spirit wasn't "in" man as He is during the New Covenant. We still receive blessing however, so we are still given happiness.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:50 PM
Another thought of mine :P

Happiness is from blessings because this is what God gives us and thus, we are happy.

Joy is still a blessing but the difference, since joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit... joy is from what God does "through" us, not anything He gives to us. We are blessed because God is working through us and we also are full of joy as this joy is produced, not given.

Scriptures? .................

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 01:59 PM
Here's the greek word for joy that is used in Galatians when speaking of the fruit of the Spirit.

NT:5479

NT:5479 chara (khar-ah'); from NT:5463; cheerfulness, i.e. calm delight:

KJV - gladness, greatly, (X be exceeding) joy (-ful, -fully, -fulness, -ous).

This is the root word.

NT:5463 chairo (khah'-ee-ro); a primary verb; to be "cheerful", i.e. calmly happy or well-off; impersonally, especially as salutation (on meeting or parting), be well:

KJV - farewell, be glad, God speed, greeting, hall, joy (-fully), rejoice.

Other places it is used in the NT are...

Matt 2:10

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
KJV

Matt 25:21

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
KJV

Luke 1:14

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
KJV

Acts 12:14

14 And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
KJV

Phil 2:29

29 Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
KJV

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 02:06 PM
Scriptures? .................Believe it or not... the only one I'm led to is this...

Jame 1: 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

It's already been mentioned but Joy as a fruit of the Holy Spirit is listed in Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Then we have this as well and I think this is where the difference is in the way I differentiate between joy and happiness.

v25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

So, why I have my thoughts about happiness... a person walking in the world and this does include a Christian who is finding their happiness only through their achievements or their blessings they received either worldly and/or from God... this happiness is by their achievements/blessings in the world. A person who is in Christ, they are capable to also produce JOY because of God's achievements they experience as God works through them. Any fruit of God is by Him and the work He does.

Even a person who is Christian but does their work and are happy... is what they produce truly joy? How many Christians work in ministry that they want and when God is telling them to stop, they aren't happy anymore. They even feel turmoil maybe because God is moving them on. However, there are those Christians who are told by God to move and they feel joy because they KNOW and live by what we read in James 1:2.

A person who has ONLY happiness gets miserable when they are separated from what is giving them this happiness. A person who has Joy doesn't get miserable when they are separated from what is giving them happiness. They have this joy due to Christ in them and no matter what trial, what hard times are upon them, they also have joy in themselves and they express this by remaining happy in that trial and/or hard times.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 02:11 PM
Believe it or not... the only one I'm led to is this...

Jame 1: 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

It's already been mentioned but Joy as a fruit of the Holy Spirit is listed in Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Then we have this as well and I think this is where the difference is in the way I differentiate between joy and happiness.

v25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

So, why I have my thoughts about happiness... a person walking in the world and this does include a Christian who is finding their happiness only through their achievements or their blessings they received either worldly and/or from God... this happiness is by their achievements/blessings in the world. A person who is in Christ, they are capable to also produce JOY because of God's achievements they experience as God works through them. Any fruit of God is by Him and the work He does.

Even a person who is Christian but does their work and are happy... is what they produce truly joy? How many Christians work in ministry that they want and when God is telling them to stop, they aren't happy anymore. They even feel turmoil maybe because God is moving them on. However, there are those Christians who are told by God to move and they feel joy because they KNOW and live by what we read in James 1:2.

A person who has ONLY happiness gets miserable when they are separated from what is giving them this happiness. A person who has Joy doesn't get miserable when they are separated from what is ALSO giving them happiness as well. They have this joy due to Christ in them and no matter what trial, what hard times are upon them, they also have joy in themselves and they express this by remaining happy in that trial and/or hard times.

But is the difference in happiness and joy or in the source? For instance, what you call joy, would be called "blessed" in the Psalms and that word translates directly to happiness.

Ps 40:4

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
KJV

OT:835 'esher (eh'-sher); from OT:833; happiness; only in masculine plural construction as interjection, how happy!:

KJV - blessed, happy.

Is the word "blessed" above a fruit of the spirit?

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 02:18 PM
But is the difference in happiness and joy or in the source?I guess I have to say source but by scripture we know that BOTH joy and happiness is from God. God wants us to be happy, thus blessings to make us happy. However, He also wants us to feel happy when there is absolutely NO blessings. Thus He has to produce joy in us because this is permanent. If we're blessed with a job, we're happy... when that job is about to end... are we happy still? If we are joyful, then when that job ends, we aren't "unhappy". That is why when a Christian seems to be having a hard time in life yet they have that smile, they express themselves in a way that would make ya think they are ignoring their troubles... they aren't ignoring their troubles at all, they are expressing the joy within themselves because the happiness from this (joy) isn't temporary like the blessing of that job.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 02:22 PM
I guess I have to say source but by scripture we know that BOTH joy and happiness is from God. God wants us to be happy, thus blessings to make us happy. However, He also wants us to feel happy when there is absolutely NO blessings. Thus He has to produce joy in us because this is permanent. If we're blessed with a job, we're happy... when that job is about to end... are we happy still? If we are joyful, then when that job ends, we aren't "unhappy". That is why when a Christian seems to be having a hard time in life yet they have that smile, they express themselves in a way that would make ya think they are ignoring their troubles... they aren't ignoring their troubles at all, they are expressing the joy within themselves because the happiness from this (joy) isn't temporary like the blessing of that job.

Was Jesus unhappy in the Garden when he said "My soul is sorrowful unto death"? Had he lost his joy? (Scripture says for the joy laid before him he endured the cross.) He was sad, but he also had a joy that was stronger and deeper than his circumstances. Yet, his soul despised his circumstances and his demeaner showed it.

Your example is a good one though. I think we have tried to make a difference in happiness and joy but I can scripturally find one. I understand the difference you guys point out. It's real. But it's not in the words, IMO, it's in the source.

That word blessed in the Psalms is interesting. David uses it to express his emotion/feeling about a man who is walking with God. In the NT, don't we call that joy?

Slug1
Jan 10th 2011, 02:38 PM
Was Jesus unhappy in the Garden when he said "My soul is sorrowful unto death"? Had he lost his joy? (Scripture says for the joy laid before him he endured the cross.) He was sad, but he also had a joy that was stronger and deeper than his circumstances. Yet, his soul despised his circumstances and his demeaner showed it.

Your example is a good one though. I think we have tried to make a difference in happiness and joy but I can scripturally find one. I understand the difference you guys point out. It's real. But it's not in the words, IMO, it's in the source.

That word blessed in the Psalms is interesting. David uses it to express his emotion/feeling about a man who is walking with God. In the NT, don't we call that joy?I would say sure because during OT times the Holy Spirit wasn't permanently "in" a person who had faith in God. Since the New Covenant began, the Holy Spirit is "in" us because our faith in God is through His Son.

The Holy Spirit was in Christ as we read in Luke when He was first filled by the Holy Spirit upon His water baptism and then after the 40 days of trial in the wilderness, Jesus returned in "power" of the Holy Spirit as well.

So yeah... Jesus goes through His trials even more later and the greatest test seems to be that night in the garden when He expresses Himself openly and honestly before His Father. We are to do this as well by Jesus' example when we are in the midst of any trial.

However, when we are not alone with God and breaking down honestly and opening before God and we are out in the public, we can still express joy because God is in control. We are in His hand and while the world see our circumstances crumbling all around us and we're seemingly loosing everything, we know that this is God taking it all away so His work in us, is DONE.

Brother Mark
Jan 10th 2011, 02:49 PM
I would say sure because during OT times the Holy Spirit wasn't permanently "in" a person who had faith in God. Since the New Covenant began, the Holy Spirit is "in" us because our faith in God is through His Son.

The Holy Spirit was in Christ as we read in Luke when He was first filled by the Holy Spirit upon His water baptism and then after the 40 days of trial in the wilderness, Jesus returned in "power" of the Holy Spirit as well.

So yeah... Jesus goes through His trials even more later and the greatest test seems to be that night in the garden when He expresses Himself openly and honestly before His Father. We are to do this as well by Jesus' example when we are in the midst of any trial.

However, when we are not alone with God and breaking down honestly and opening before God and we are out in the public, we can still express joy because God is in control. We are in His hand and while the world see our circumstances crumbling all around us and we're seemingly loosing everything, we know that this is God taking it all away so His work in us, is DONE.

Right on!

Just so you know, I am coming at something I think is just plain ole confusing to lost folks and even to some saved folks, that synonyms or words close in meaning if not the same, can mean something so different. What is not confusing is the cause of our joy/happiness.

I can be happy when I get a new car. I can then be sad when the car is stolen. But if my happiness comes from the Lord, then the car has less impact when it is gone because my treasure is elsewhere. That is something that can be explained when asked. Thanks for participating with me Ken. It gives me a soapbox to stand on. :)