PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Put On The Whole Armour Of God?

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 11:17 AM
What does the following scripture mean to those that believe?

Ephesians 6:10-17
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

God bless you!

Firstfruits

-SEEKING-
Jan 13th 2011, 11:22 AM
That we must always be aware that there is an enemy out there and should be ready for a battle.

Mark F
Jan 13th 2011, 12:24 PM
They are spiritual in nature, not physical or material.

VerticalReality
Jan 13th 2011, 01:13 PM
What does the following scripture mean to those that believe?

Ephesians 6:10-17
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Put simply, it means to abide in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Truth is found in Jesus
Righteousness is found in Jesus
The gospel of peace is found in Jesus
Our shield is found in Jesus
Salvation is found in Jesus
The word of God is found in Jesus

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 03:00 PM
That we must always be aware that there is an enemy out there and should be ready for a battle.

Thank you Seeking,

If we have on the Whole armour of God what are the wiles of the devil that we can stand against?

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 03:02 PM
They are spiritual in nature, not physical or material.

Thank you Mark F,

With that in mind, what can we do all that we can to stand?

Firfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 03:04 PM
Put simply, it means to abide in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Truth is found in Jesus
Righteousness is found in Jesus
The gospel of peace is found in Jesus
Our shield is found in Jesus
Salvation is found in Jesus
The word of God is found in Jesus

If we then have the whole armour of God do we then stand in his power as you have shown?

Firstfruits

Slug1
Jan 13th 2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you Seeking,

If we have on the Whole armour of God what are the wiles of the devil that we can stand against?

FirstfruitsThe "wiles" are/is ANYTHING that the devil will do to us in an attempt to devour us. Usually more commonly called... temptation(s) but can be attacks that hurt us as well.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

That steadfast in the faith... as VR said, abide in Christ, always with consistancy in that commitment to abide in Christ.

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 04:17 PM
The "wiles" are/is ANYTHING that the devil will do to us in an attempt to devour us. Usually more commonly called... temptation(s) but can be attacks that hurt us as well.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

That steadfast in the faith... as VR said, abide in Christ, always with consistancy in that commitment to abide in Christ.

Thank you Slug1,

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 04:25 PM
If we are without any of the following, can we stand, are we protected?

Truth

Righteousness

Gospel

Faith

Salvation

Spirit - Word of God

Thank you,

Firstfruits

KingFisher
Jan 13th 2011, 06:04 PM
If we are without any of the following, can we stand, are we protected?

Truth

Righteousness

Gospel

Faith

Salvation

Spirit - Word of God

Thank you,

Firstfruits

Say you're in battle. Covered with heavy, impenetrable armor, from head to toe...
All but your chest, you've left off the breast plate of rightousness.

Where do you think the enemy will attack?

Every piece is important. Even the belt. The belt of truth holds it all together.

I did a Bible study on this not to long ago.
I could PM it to you if you would like.

Just let me know,
KingFisher

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 07:24 PM
Say you're in battle. Covered with heavy, impenetrable armor, from head to toe...
All but your chest, you've left off the breast plate of rightousness.

Where do you think the enemy will attack?

Every piece is important. Even the belt. The belt of truth holds it all together.

I did a Bible study on this not to long ago.
I could PM it to you if you would like.

Just let me know,
KingFisher

Thank you Kingfisher,

I would like to see the study.

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 07:31 PM
How can we be sure that we have on the whole armour of God?

How can we know that we have on truth, righteousness, the gospel, faith, salvation and the spirit which is the word of God?

Firstfruits

Slug1
Jan 13th 2011, 07:37 PM

How can we know that we have on truth, righteousness, the gospel, faith, salvation and the spirit which is the word of God?

FirstfruitsMy opinion... boils down to consistancy in your commitment to abide in Christ. By abiding, you are automatically wearing your armor and keeping your Sword of the Spirit sharp as well. Both are needed for any battle with satan and when we fail and he is defeating us... we're not abiding as we should.

Believe me, do you want to know how many times I've been plowed over and in some cases, held down? MANY and for each defeat and for each time I was being held down, ONLY when I focused on my commitment to Christ and focused on abiding in Him... I lifted satan off of me, tossed him aside and got back up and head out again down the path God set me on.

Firstfruits
Jan 13th 2011, 07:50 PM
My opinion... boils down to consistancy in your commitment to abide in Christ. By abiding, you are automatically wearing your armor and keeping your Sword of the Spirit sharp as well. Both are needed for any battle with satan and when we fail and he is defeating us... we're not abiding as we should.

Believe me, do you want to know how many times I've been plowed over and in some cases, held down? MANY and for each defeat and for each time I was being held down, ONLY when I focused on my commitment to Christ and focused on abiding in Him... I lifted satan off of me, tossed him aside and got back up and head out again down the path God set me on.

Thank you Slug1,

May God continue to strengthen you.

Firstfruits

RollTide21
Jan 13th 2011, 09:30 PM
My opinion... boils down to consistancy in your commitment to abide in Christ. By abiding, you are automatically wearing your armor and keeping your Sword of the Spirit sharp as well. Both are needed for any battle with satan and when we fail and he is defeating us... we're not abiding as we should.

Believe me, do you want to know how many times I've been plowed over and in some cases, held down? MANY and for each defeat and for each time I was being held down, ONLY when I focused on my commitment to Christ and focused on abiding in Him... I lifted satan off of me, tossed him aside and got back up and head out again down the path God set me on.Pretty much sums it up right there, I think.

Firstfruits
Jan 14th 2011, 01:24 PM
Pretty much sums it up right there, I think.

Amen!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 14th 2011, 02:04 PM
Let us hold on to the truth.

1 Thess 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

2 Corinthians 6:4-7
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

alegator21
Jan 14th 2011, 02:36 PM
This is for the spiritual battle. According to Matthew Henry's Commentaries (http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/matthew-henry-concise/ephesians/6.html):
"Spiritual strength and courage are needed for our spiritual warfare and suffering. Those who would prove themselves to have true grace, must aim at all grace; and put on the whole armour of God, which he prepares and bestows. "

Slug1
Jan 14th 2011, 02:38 PM
This is for the spiritual battle. According to Matthew Henry's Commentaries (http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/matthew-henry-concise/ephesians/6.html):OK... after reading all that Christianese... what is he saying in terms the rest of us can understand?

Explain it, in your own words :P

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 08:23 PM
From the following scriptures we understand that Jesus is our truth, righteousness, peace, gospel and salvation. How are we to abide in Jesus?

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Mk 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Firstfruits

Slug1
Jan 18th 2011, 02:45 PM
Read this scripture this morning and seems it's needed in this thread:

Gal 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

To accomplish this... we need to wield the Sword of the Spirit and wear the Armor of God. Or we can even flip it. By wielding the Sword of the Spirit and by wearing the Armor of God, we'll be walking in the Spirit and be able to overcome any lust of the flesh.

Firstfruits
Jan 18th 2011, 03:53 PM
Read this scripture this morning and seems it's needed in this thread:

Gal 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

To accomplish this... we need to wield the Sword of the Spirit and wear the Armor of God. Or we can even flip it. By wielding the Sword of the Spirit and by wearing the Armor of God, we'll be walking in the Spirit and be able to overcome any lust of the flesh.

Thank you Slug1,

If we therefore do not walk/follow the spirit we are likely to fulfil the lusts of the flesh/sin?

I agree.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 18th 2011, 08:10 PM
I believe that if we are in the spirit and the truth that it also means that we have on the armour of God, since that is how God wants us to worshiop him.

Jn 4:23 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Jn 4:24 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Firstfruits

episkopos
Jan 19th 2011, 10:47 PM
Bible study is good and very useful but the subject of this thread goes beyond that.

The armour of God is also called "the "armour of light". This speaks of an anointing from above. One cannot be involved in warfare in the Spirit through study alone. One must be empowered to do so.

The holiness that is from God, is a real holiness. God dwells in light. If we truly abide in Him in fulness then we enter into that light. This is a spiritual reality which can be entered into through a full surrender to God in the Spirit. He overshadows one in this way. It is how Jesus walked...in His presence. This is called the "shekinah: or His dwelling place.

So it is with a full on walk in the Spirit. We see light through His light. And it shines and shimmers in and through our eyes though no other man can see it.

-SEEKING-
Jan 20th 2011, 02:47 AM
The armour of God is also called "the "armour of light".

Where exactly in the bible is "armour of light" found? I've never heard that before.

Firstfruits
Jan 20th 2011, 08:54 AM
Where exactly in the bible is "armour of light" found? I've never heard that before.

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

2 Cor 6:7 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=47&CHAP=6&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=7) By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 20th 2011, 08:55 AM
Bible study is good and very useful but the subject of this thread goes beyond that.

The armour of God is also called "the "armour of light". This speaks of an anointing from above. One cannot be involved in warfare in the Spirit through study alone. One must be empowered to do so.

The holiness that is from God, is a real holiness. God dwells in light. If we truly abide in Him in fulness then we enter into that light. This is a spiritual reality which can be entered into through a full surrender to God in the Spirit. He overshadows one in this way. It is how Jesus walked...in His presence. This is called the "shekinah: or His dwelling place.

So it is with a full on walk in the Spirit. We see light through His light. And it shines and shimmers in and through our eyes though no other man can see it.

Thank you Espikopos,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 21st 2011, 11:55 AM
Is the following scripture teaching us that as long as we abide in Christ we cannot be overcome?

Lk 11:22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Can what we have be taken, if we do not have on the whole armour of God?

Firstfruits

episkopos
Jan 21st 2011, 10:19 PM
"Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness,
and let us put on the armor of light." Rom. 13:12

episkopos
Jan 21st 2011, 10:25 PM
Is the following scripture teaching us that as long as we abide in Christ we cannot be overcome?

Lk 11:22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Can what we have be taken, if we do not have on the whole armour of God?

Firstfruits

Very good point! We are involved in a battle to the death if we realize this or not. Would that we would be prepared to overcome the enemy of our souls rather than be so easily overcome!

Firstfruits
Jan 21st 2011, 10:58 PM
Very good point! We are involved in a battle to the death if we realize this or not. Would that we would be prepared to overcome the enemy of our souls rather than be so easily overcome!

Agreed!

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 22nd 2011, 07:09 PM
What does it mean to put on Christ and make no provision for the flesh?

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Firstfruits

DeafPosttrib
Feb 14th 2011, 05:58 PM
Firtstfruits,

You brought this topic up. It is very important for every Christians ought to know.

Notice, word, "finally" of Eph. 6:10. It is speak of since after we believed and trusted in Christ at our salvation - Eph. 1:13. So, therefore, we are already in spiritual warfare, as we once enter into the narrow road of Matt. 7:14. Our salvation is a process life, not a one-time event of salvation. Our salvation is a long time process throughout our Christian lifetime till we die(physical), or Christ comes. Enduring through the narrow road is not easy. Sadly, most of Christians do not make it at the end, are being end up in everlasting fire according Matt 7:13.

We must overcome devil, flesh, and world in our life till death. What if we fail to overcome them in our life, by the time, we die, will suffer the second death in Rev. 2:11.

Myself am ex-securist. I was used to believe in OSAS. Now, not anymore. I left OSAS camp in 2002. Vecause, I can see so many conflicts in scriptures with OSAS doctrine. That why I determine to follow God's Word than what men saying according Col. 2:8.

KEEP UP!!! GOOD JOB for make topic on this!! :D

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

The Mighty Sword
Feb 14th 2011, 07:26 PM
"wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked"

To prepare ourselves from the attacks of the enemy, not that they might come but that they will come.

Firstfruits
Feb 14th 2011, 07:38 PM
Firtstfruits,

You brought this topic up. It is very important for every Christians ought to know.

Notice, word, "finally" of Eph. 6:10. It is speak of since after we believed and trusted in Christ at our salvation - Eph. 1:13. So, therefore, we are already in spiritual warfare, as we once enter into the narrow road of Matt. 7:14. Our salvation is a process life, not a one-time event of salvation. Our salvation is a long time process throughout our Christian lifetime till we die(physical), or Christ comes. Enduring through the narrow road is not easy. Sadly, most of Christians do not make it at the end, are being end up in everlasting fire according Matt 7:13.

We must overcome devil, flesh, and world in our life till death. What if we fail to overcome them in our life, by the time, we die, will suffer the second death in Rev. 2:11.

Myself am ex-securist. I was used to believe in OSAS. Now, not anymore. I left OSAS camp in 2002. Vecause, I can see so many conflicts in scriptures with OSAS doctrine. That why I determine to follow God's Word than what men saying according Col. 2:8.

KEEP UP!!! GOOD JOB for make topic on this!! :D

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Thank you Deafposttrib,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Feb 14th 2011, 07:40 PM
"wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked"

To prepare ourselves from the attacks of the enemy, not that they might come but that they will come.

Amen! If we did not need it we would not be taught to put it on.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 14th 2011, 09:39 PM
Amen! If we did not need it we would not be taught to put it on.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

How would you do that ? :hmm:

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 08:58 AM
How would you do that ? :hmm:

I would say that we first need to know what the armour of God is before we can put it on and use it.

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 10:54 AM
I would say that we first need to know what the armour of God is before we can put it on and use it.

Firstfruits

And then..... okay, I am waiting with bated breath for that explanation :)

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 11:19 AM
And then..... okay, I am waiting with bated breath for that explanation :)

I shall attempt to put that together and get back to you, until then please breath easy.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 11:32 AM
, until then please breath easy.
:idea: Just don't remove my earphones :D

:lol:

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 12:27 PM
:idea: Just don't remove my earphones :D

:lol:

Putting on the armour of God means to put on Christ. If we have on Christ we have on the whole armour of God, we either have Jesus or we do not.

Christ is our armour.

Is 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! (Gospel of peace)

Prov 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Faith)

Is 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
Is 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak. (Righteousness, salvation)

Is 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from The womb; from The bowels of my moTher hath he made mention of my name.
Is 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; (Sword/word of God)

I hope that helps.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 02:45 PM
I hope that helps.

Yes Thanks.... but armour is a NT concept....

:D

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 03:33 PM
Yes Thanks.... but armour is a NT concept....

:D

These scriptures are about Christ and the gospel and all that the armour of Gos is.

Is 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! (Gospel of peace)

Prov 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Faith)

Is 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
Is 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak. (Righteousness, salvation)

Is 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from The womb; from The bowels of my moTher hath he made mention of my name.
Is 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; (Sword/word of God)

Jesus is our promised protection/salvation, is that only for the NT?

Firstfruits

Dani H
Feb 15th 2011, 04:10 PM

Firstfruits

By being tested.

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 04:19 PM
By being tested.

Will being tested show if we have truly put on Christ and have on the armour of God, if so how?

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 04:31 PM

Firstfruits When you remain standing in battle

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 04:36 PM
Look at the picture the armor paints

Helmet
sword, breastplate, shield
belt
shoes
Do you see the cross :hmm:

The helmet fits on the head, the sword and shield are held by hand, the breastplate covers your heart, the belt around your loins and then the shoes on your feet.

The most important aspect of The Armour of God is how do I turn theological principals (Scripture) into Spiritual weapons.

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 04:36 PM
When you remain standing in battle

This is why I pointed out that Jesus is the armour we must put on. We are saved by his gospel, Jesus is the truth, our righteousness, in him we put our faith, in his word we stand.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 15th 2011, 04:44 PM
This is why I pointed out that Jesus is the armour we must put on. We are saved by his gospel, Jesus is the truth, our righteousness, in him we put our faith, in his word we stand.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

How do you put Jesus on?? :hmm:

I know I am nagging you on this...... :D

I just had the experience doing this action, but I want to know how you do it,,, :hug:

Firstfruits
Feb 15th 2011, 08:25 PM
How do you put Jesus on?? :hmm:

I know I am nagging you on this...... :D

I just had the experience doing this action, but I want to know how you do it,,, :hug:

It is putting of the old life of sin and walk as Christ walked.

Rom 13:12 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=45&CHAP=13&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=12) The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Rom 13:14 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=45&CHAP=13&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Eph 4:24 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=49&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 16th 2011, 09:29 AM
On this website (http://www.realarmorofgod.com/armor-of-god.html) there is an excellent example of how one can do this.... scroll down a bit to see...

Firstfruits
Feb 16th 2011, 09:33 AM
On this website (http://www.realarmorofgod.com/armor-of-god.html) there is an excellent example of how one can do this.... scroll down a bit to see...

Thanks Ta-An,

I will have a look at the site later.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Feb 16th 2011, 09:37 AM
Look at the picture the armor paints

Helmet
sword, breastplate, shield
belt
shoes
Do you see the cross :hmm:

The helmet fits on the head, the sword and shield are held by hand, the breastplate covers your heart, the belt around your loins and then the shoes on your feet.

The most important aspect of The Armour of God is how do I turn theological principals (Scripture) into Spiritual weapons.

I would have thought that the helmet, sword, breastplate, shield, belt and shoes were the spiritual aspects that we must know how to use.

Yes, I do see the cross.

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 16th 2011, 10:01 AM
I would have thought that the helmet, sword, breastplate, shield, belt and shoes were the spiritual aspects that we must know how to use.

Yes, I do see the cross.

Firstfruits You said, :put on Christ..... so I just thought it a good picture.....

Firstfruits
Feb 16th 2011, 11:36 AM
You said, :put on Christ..... so I just thought it a good picture.....

Thanks Ta-An,

Yes, and a very good picture too!

Do these scriptures refer to Christ?

Does Christ represent all aspects of the armour of God?

Is 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Prov 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Is 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Is 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Ta-An
Feb 16th 2011, 04:27 PM
There are different things we need to have and do in order to stand firm against Satan.

Loins girded with truth: A soldier had to keep his belt tight in order to protect his loins (hips, groin, and lower abdomen) and to bear the weight of his sword. Likewise, Bible truth needs to be wrapped around us tightly, as it were, so that we live in harmony with it. Do we have a schedule for reading the Bible daily?

Breastplate of righteousness: The literal breastplate served to protect the soldier’s chest, heart, and other vital organs. The Christian can protect his figurative heart—the person he is on the inside—by cultivating love for God’s righteousness and by adhering to Jehovah’s righteous standards.

Feet shod with gospel: The feet of Roman soldiers were usually well shod for long marches along the hundreds of miles of Roman highways that crisscrossed the empire. What does the expression “feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace” mean for Christians? (Ephesians 6:15) It means that we are prepared for action. We are ready to share the good news of God’s Kingdom on every suitable occasion.

Shield of faith: Like a large protective shield, our faith protects us from Satan’s “burning missiles.” What might these represent today? They could be penetrating insults, lies, and half-truths put out by enemies and apostates trying to weaken our faith. These “missiles” could also be temptations to be materialistic, causing us to become preoccupied with buying many consumer goods and even inducing us to compete with those who have fallen into an ostentatious lifestyle.

Helmet of salvation: The helmet protected the soldier’s head and brain, the center of decision making. Likewise, our Christian hope protects our mental powers. (1*Thessalonians 5:8) Rather than filling our minds with worldly goals and materialistic dreams, we should focus our thinking on our God-given hope, even as Jesus did.

Sword of spirit: Our final protection against the influence of Satan and his demons is God’s word, or message, recorded in the Bible. This is yet another reason why we should not neglect our program of regular Bible reading. A thorough knowledge of God’s Word protects us from Satan’s lies and demonic propaganda as well as from the embittered outpourings of apostates.

Exactly.....

They understood what a Soldier was all about and how he needed to be dressed for war to be able to stand.... so in the same way we need to be dressed with Scripture as armor to be able to stand against the enemy. :idea:

Each one of us needs to have scripture that fits the armor to protect us.... find it in the Word, and make it your own through prayer

Firstfruits
Feb 16th 2011, 07:25 PM

I believe this shows the importance of the gospel of Christ and abiding in what we have been taught by it. Through it we have salvation.

God bless you!

Firstfruits