PDA

View Full Version : Greive Not The Holy Spirit?

Firstfruits
Jan 14th 2011, 03:25 PM
What does it mean to greive the Holy Spirit, and are these scriptures refering to believers?

Eph 4:30 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=49&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 Thess 5:19 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=52&CHAP=5&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=19) Quench not the Spirit.

Heb 10:29 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=58&CHAP=10&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 14th 2011, 07:28 PM
How do we do despite to the Holy Spirit?

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Firstfruits

RollTide21
Jan 14th 2011, 09:19 PM
To grieve the Holy Spirit is to live not in accordance with the Holy Spirit, but in accordance with our fleshly desires.

keck553
Jan 14th 2011, 10:40 PM
How do we do despite to the Holy Spirit?

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Firstfruits

simple answer

me me me me me

notuptome
Jan 14th 2011, 10:44 PM
Stop telling the Holy Spirit to shut up and start listening to Him. His ministry is to lead and guide us into the truth of Gods word.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 03:08 PM
To grieve the Holy Spirit is to live not in accordance with the Holy Spirit, but in accordance with our fleshly desires.

When you say fleshy desires are you refering to sin?

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 03:10 PM
simple answer

me me me me me

Could you explain what that means please?

Firstfruits

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 03:11 PM
Stop telling the Holy Spirit to shut up and start listening to Him. His ministry is to lead and guide us into the truth of Gods word.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

What happens if we stop listening to the Holy Spirit?

Firstfruits

Samuel Owen
Jan 15th 2011, 04:03 PM
simple answer

me me me me me

To despite: to hold in contempt, to scorn, to neglect or disregard.

In the case of Hebrews 10, to hold in contempt the work of the spirit, and account Jesus sacrifice as nothing. To do despite to the Holy Spirit is to call God/Holy Spirit a liar = BLASPHEMY. For this sin there is no forgiveness now, or later.

If you have ever noticed, Hebrews 6 & 10 hold hands on this matter.

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 04:10 PM
To despite: to hold in contempt, to scorn, to neglect or disregard.

In the case of Hebrews 10, to hold in contempt the work of the spirit, and account Jesus sacrifice as nothing. To do despite to the Holy Spirit is to call God/Holy Spirit a liar = BLASPHEMY. For this sin there is no forgiveness now, or later.

If you have ever noticed, Hebrews 6 & 10 hold hands on this matter.

Would you say then that other than blasphemy if we do despite to the Holy spirit, we can be forgiven?

Firstfruits

Samuel Owen
Jan 15th 2011, 04:13 PM
If we disregard the Holy Spirit in some other matter than salvation, certainly we can be forgiven. But a true believer sensitive to the Spirit, is not likely to make a habit of it. :)

Firstfruits
Jan 15th 2011, 04:33 PM
If we disregard the Holy Spirit in some other matter than salvation, certainly we can be forgiven. But a true believer sensitive to the Spirit, is not likely to make a habit of it. :)

Thank you Samuel Owen,

God bless you!

Firstfruits