PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Healing Testimony

VerticalReality
Jan 19th 2011, 01:55 PM
I realize some of this may take issue with certain folks' doctrine, but I watched this testimony this morning and was blessed by it.

http://s3.awmi.net/downloads/tv/2011/01jan/awm_tv20110119.wmv

This is one of those healings that was not instantaneous but happened over a period of seven months simply by believing God's word. You will be doing yourselves a favor by watching it through.

Slug1
Jan 19th 2011, 03:04 PM
Amen... believe in God's meaning of His Word and stop believing man's meaning and man's traditions.

Jesus' final words... "it is finished" is what it's all about and by His stripes, you were "healed"... not you "will be healed"!

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Great testimony!

In many of the healings that I have witnessed, the healing was instant but the body did take time to recover from the damage caused by whatever was healed.

Just shows the difference between manifesting the gift of healing and the gift of miracles in my opinion. Some healings are miraculous where even the body is also instantly restored and some healings are just that, the problem is healed and now the body can do it's own recovery and can now... HEAL.

divaD
Jan 19th 2011, 03:47 PM
I realize some of this may take issue with certain folks' doctrine, but I watched this testimony this morning and was blessed by it.

This is one of those healings that was not instantaneous but happened over a period of seven months simply by believing God's word. You will be doing yourselves a favor by watching it through.

Unfortunately I can't download the video since I'm currently on dialup. I'm not about to wait 13 hours to download it. That's exactly how much time my browser indicated was the time remaining..13 hours. lol. When I had dsl for 10 yrs or more, I could download that video in a minute or two.

So anyway, I won't be able to watch the video, but I did notice that you said the healing took place over 7 months. So what exactly does that mean? Does it mean the person believed for 7 months, then the healing finally came? Or does it mean the healing occurred on day one, but took 7 months for the person to be totally healed? If the latter, where in the Bible were healings never instantaneous?

VerticalReality
Jan 19th 2011, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately I can't download the video since I'm currently on dialup. I'm not about to wait 13 hours to download it. That's exactly how much time my browser indicated was the time remaining..13 hours. lol. When I had dsl for 10 yrs or more, I could download that video in a minute or two.

So anyway, I won't be able to watch the video, but I did notice that you said the healing took place over 7 months. So what exactly does that mean? Does it mean the person believed for 7 months, then the healing finally came? Or does it mean the healing occurred on day one, but took 7 months for the person to be totally healed? If the latter, where in the Bible were healings never instantaneous?

The man in the video had some form of skin cancer. It started out as a small lesion that he had checked out when it was about the size of a dime. At the time the man testifies that he was believing some bad doctrine from the church he was attending. I guess he was taught that the cancer was brought on by something wrong that he did, and apparently the church did not really encourage seeing the doctor from what I gathered. Anyway, the man went against the doctor's recommendation to have the lesion removed the very next day. The doctor warned him that he was doing something very dangerous. Anyway, the man went on believing that God would eventually heal him. The tumor grew on his chest (pictures are included in the video) to about the size of a cantelope. It was so large that the man bought bras to support it. He and his wife talk about how it would ooze and smell really bad (gross, I know).

Anyway, to make a long story short the man was introduced to some different teachings on healing and he testifies that the false things that he was believing is what hindered his healing. Anyway, once he knew the truth the healing came gradually afterward. His massive tumor they began noticing had begun to shrink, and over the period of seven months that tumor was completely gone. I think he stated that only a small scar remained.

That's pretty much the synopsis.

VerticalReality
Jan 19th 2011, 05:29 PM
Amen... believe in God's meaning of His Word and stop believing man's meaning and man's traditions.

Jesus' final words... "it is finished" is what it's all about and by His stripes, you were "healed"... not you "will be healed"!

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Great testimony!

In many of the healings that I have witnessed, the healing was instant but the body did take time to recover from the damage caused by whatever was healed.

Just shows the difference between manifesting the gift of healing and the gift of miracles in my opinion. Some healings are miraculous where even the body is also instantly restored and some healings are just that, the problem is healed and now the body can do it's own recovery and can now... HEAL.

That's pretty much the doctrinal message of the video as well. It seems they are saying that the healing was already there, but it just took a period of time to completely manifest.

RabbiKnife
Jan 19th 2011, 06:34 PM

In Mark 8, Jesus healed a blind man. Took 2 doses.

Mark 8:22 ff...

22"They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

24 He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”

25 Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, “Don’t even go into[a] the village.”

Reynolds357
Jan 19th 2011, 07:11 PM

Andrew Wommack is awesome. I have followed his ministry for many years. He is very balanced in his doctrine. He has a huge ministry, but does not take much money out of it if you consider the cost of living for where his ministry is located. If you go to one of his "Seminars" he just rambles around the hotel and talks to everyone like he is your friend. I have never seen any security with him. He is just a great down to earth guy.
I was healed of intense shoulder pain at his Atlanta meeting last year. I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago to repair a broken shoulder blade, torn Labrum, and torn rotator cuff. When all that stuff is torn up, surgery does not fix it, it just makes it better. About a year after surgery, I still had a lot of pain, weakness in shoulder, and was beginnng to lose range of motion in it again. I went to his meeting and my shoulder had hurt like crazy all day. One of his prayer ministers told me my shoulder would be healed when he laid hands on me. His hands felt very hot. Instantly, the pain was gone. That was almost a year ago and it has not hurt since. Strength and range of motion also instantly were restored.

Reynolds357
Jan 20th 2011, 04:02 PM

I learned somehting new today. They still sell dialup.:lol:

VerticalReality
Jan 20th 2011, 04:04 PM
Andrew Wommack is awesome. I have followed his ministry for many years. He is very balanced in his doctrine. He has a huge ministry, but does not take much money out of it if you consider the cost of living for where his ministry is located. If you go to one of his "Seminars" he just rambles around the hotel and talks to everyone like he is your friend. I have never seen any security with him. He is just a great down to earth guy.
I was healed of intense shoulder pain at his Atlanta meeting last year. I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago to repair a broken shoulder blade, torn Labrum, and torn rotator cuff. When all that stuff is torn up, surgery does not fix it, it just makes it better. About a year after surgery, I still had a lot of pain, weakness in shoulder, and was beginnng to lose range of motion in it again. I went to his meeting and my shoulder had hurt like crazy all day. One of his prayer ministers told me my shoulder would be healed when he laid hands on me. His hands felt very hot. Instantly, the pain was gone. That was almost a year ago and it has not hurt since. Strength and range of motion also instantly were restored.

Yes, with the exception of a few minor things, I agree a great deal with Andrew's teachings. He's definitely a gifted teacher.

Reynolds357
Jan 20th 2011, 06:55 PM
Yes, with the exception of a few minor things, I agree a great deal with Andrew's teachings. He's definitely a gifted teacher.

I do not 100% agree with anyone. I do not even 100% agree with what I was preaching 5 years ago. I do not even 100% agree with notes I have made in my old Bibles when I go back and study through one of them.

Slug1
Jan 20th 2011, 07:51 PM
I do not 100% agree with anyone. I do not even 100% agree with what I was preaching 5 years ago. I do not even 100% agree with notes I have made in my old Bibles when I go back and study through one of them.Five years ago I was a cessationist and saying no miracles happened today :rolleyes:

How we mature :lol:

John146
Jan 20th 2011, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately I can't download the video since I'm currently on dialup. I'm not about to wait 13 hours to download it. That's exactly how much time my browser indicated was the time remaining..13 hours. lol.LOL. I'm not making fun of you being on dialup, it's just the thought of something taking 13 hours to download is pretty funny. :D

divaD
Jan 20th 2011, 11:48 PM
LOL. I'm not making fun of you being on dialup, it's just the thought of something taking 13 hours to download is pretty funny. :D

No arguments from me. How did that song go? Oh yea...you don't know what you've got till it's gone... Dialup is the biggest internet joke there is. Try going from a 6 meg connection to a 56k connection. The differences are mind blowing. But it's better than no internet at all I guess. I don't plan on being in this situation forever tho. Eventually I'll get my DSL back. Just aint happening right now tho. So in the meantime, I have to slowly suffer...literally. lol.