PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew name for the Holy Spirit?

Equipped_4_Love
Jan 22nd 2011, 12:32 AM
What is the Hebrew name for the Holy Spirit? Is there one?

-SEEKING-
Jan 22nd 2011, 03:01 AM
Good question. I think they just called it the spirit of God. But not sure what the Hebrew word is for it.

Mark F
Jan 22nd 2011, 03:26 AM
Holy, 6944: qodesh (ko'-desh)
Spirit, 7307: ruwach (roo'-akh)

Servant89
Jan 22nd 2011, 12:32 PM
Holy, 6944: qodesh (ko'-desh)
Spirit, 7307: ruwach (roo'-akh)

This might point to THE HOLY ONE as the name of the HS in the Old Testament.

The Father's name: The Lord
The Son: The Redeemer
The HS: The Holy One

Ps 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH (THE LORD), art the most high over all the earth.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Acts 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

If the name of God the Father ALONE is the Lord, and Christ is our redeemer, our savior, and our maker .... then there might be a chance that the OT refers to the HS as THE HOLY ONE.

Here is the trinity ...

Is 41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Is 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Is 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Is 47:4 As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Is 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Is 49:7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. (Count: 2)

Is 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband (Jesus is the bridegroom!); the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Shalom

Mark F
Jan 22nd 2011, 12:57 PM
It came from this verse:

Ps 51:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy
holy spirit from me.

I've heard both those Hebrew words used to say Holy Spirit by Mark Biltz and David Hocking, both teach much from Hebrew perspective. It seems that they are said as I would say, backward--"ruwok qodesh".