PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: does the Holy Spirit dwell in us in heaven?

nleeh
Jan 23rd 2011, 01:48 PM
A friend ask me if the Holy Spirit continues to dwell in us when we go to heaven and in what capacity and I had no scripture to answer her question. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
nleeh

Samuel Owen
Jan 23rd 2011, 04:50 PM
The life of the worldly (flesh) body is in the blood, the life of the resurrected body is by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells the believer as a down payment (seal), on the future purchase (redemption) of the body. Eph. 1:13-14

The Holy Spirit is active in both respects, but not in the same way. To say the Spirit indwells the resurrected body as in the flesh body, I would have to say no. But it is the spirit of God that maintains all life, even that of the resurrected glorified body.

nleeh
Jan 23rd 2011, 09:49 PM
Thank you for that explaination.

nleeh

Reynolds357
Jan 24th 2011, 02:59 AM
A friend ask me if the Holy Spirit continues to dwell in us when we go to heaven and in what capacity and I had no scripture to answer her question. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
nleeh

The Holy Spirit is omnipresent.

nzyr
Jan 24th 2011, 07:01 AM
Does the Holy Spirit dwell in us in heaven?

I believe He does.

Br. Barnabas
Jan 24th 2011, 12:43 PM
I would say that the Holy Spirit will not/does not indwell people in heaven or after the Resurrection. I say this because the purpose of the Holy Spirit now is to be a Comforter. He is to comfort us, pray for us, form us/grow us into the likeness of Christ. Once we are in heaven or the Resurrection comes this work is complete. We will have the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to comfort us, we will be able to speak directly with them, not just pray, although we will pray and praise them. And most importantly the perfect will have come, we will no be growing or being formed any more that work will be complete. The Spirit will still be active and be speaking to us, but maybe not in a dwelling sense.

As Reynolds has mentioned the Holy Spirit is omnipresent that is very true, but that does not mean the Holy Spirit dwells in everything. He dwells in those who ask him to dwell in them. Everything else in the universe is penetrated by the Spirit. It is not a dwelling as a living in, but a penetrating as moving through.