PDA

View Full Version : Ishmael's descendents (Arabs) ????

wesand24
Jan 27th 2011, 05:15 PM
I know that the Muslims believe they are descended from Ishmael according to karan or hadith. But some Bible teahers are saying that Arabs are Ishmael's descendents. It makes sense since the Arab's (Palestinians) are desiring Jewish land, because of the envy Ishmael had over Isaac and the promises made to him. Is there any validity to these assumptions, is Ishmael indeed the Grandfather of the Arabs?

-SEEKING-
Jan 27th 2011, 09:16 PM
is Ishmael indeed the Grandfather of the Arabs?

Yep .

wesand24
Jan 27th 2011, 09:24 PM
After doing a little research I have found that both Muslim and Jewish tradition equates the Arabs to in fact be Ishmaelites. Also, Ishmaelites are seen in Psalm 83:6 as going against Israel. Not much has changed since then, if we look at the conflict between Palestine and Israel. Ishmael was never promised land, but he was promised to have numerous descendents and a nation, so there desire for the Jews promised land is unmerited in my opinion.

nzyr
Jan 28th 2011, 11:10 AM
Some of the Arabs are descended from Ishmael but not all of them.

napsnsnacks
Jan 28th 2011, 12:24 PM
I know that the Muslims believe they are descended from Ishmael according to karan or hadith. But some Bible teahers are saying that Arabs are Ishmael's descendents. It makes sense since the Arab's (Palestinians) are desiring Jewish land, because of the envy Ishmael had over Isaac and the promises made to him. Is there any validity to these assumptions, is Ishmael indeed the Grandfather of the Arabs?

Don't make the mistake in thinking that Muslims are a people because its a religion. Both Jews and Arabs share Abraham as their family line, the Jews through Issac and the Arabs through Ishamael.

gringo300
Jun 30th 2011, 03:55 PM
Again, nowhere near all Arabs are Palestinian.

keck553
Jun 30th 2011, 04:12 PM
Again, nowhere near all Arabs are Palestinian.

"Palistine" is a manufactured name.

NHL Fever
Jun 30th 2011, 04:27 PM
I firmly believe that the prophecy of God to Haggar is true, and relevant today. The conflict of Ismael and Issac is one and the same as the one between Jews and Muslims. The nature of Ismael as described by God, remains true to this day IMO.

gringo300
Jun 30th 2011, 06:07 PM
There is more than one definition of "Muslim".

One is an adherent of the religion known as Islam.

There is also a Slavic ethnic group called Muslims, who are culturally and linguistically related to the Serbs and Croats. From what I understand, SOME of them are adherents of Islam.

MoreMercy
Jun 30th 2011, 07:21 PM
Yep, Abraham is their great grand-daddy !
And Father loves all of His children, not just Israel and the Christian Nations.

Father bless and have mercy on all of us.

Servant89
Jul 2nd 2011, 12:49 PM
"Palistine" is a manufactured name.

Joel 3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

Shalom

Sig Sauer
Jul 4th 2011, 11:39 PM
Don't make the mistake in thinking that Muslims are a people because its a religion. Both Jews and Arabs share Abraham as their family line, the Jews through Issac and the Arabs through Ishamael.

Read: Arthur Koestler
THE THIRTEENTH TRIBE

keck553
Jul 5th 2011, 08:35 PM
Joel 3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

Shalom

Read the Hebrew Servent. Then take the Hebrew word and break it down to its root. Now, you have the true definition. "Palestine" is a really, really bad translation and completely misses the Biblical context and truth.