PDA

View Full Version : Children of God.

MoreMercy
Jan 28th 2011, 01:53 AM
I am re-posting this from a thread that has sunk into the archives here on the forums. Why; because I see it good to share it in light of the positions I see taken by some of the fine people when I read here from on these forums.

When I receive the deposit of His Holy Spirit I am adopted into the vine/Israel, and the root of that vine is Christ Jesus.

I was not adopted into being Gods child but adopted into the vine, I was already His child unless I have adopted another father by adopting that other fathers methods and paths in my daily living/path, just as Cain did.

My Father's only begotten Son is the tree of life... The other tree is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Even though I am Gods child even before I received the deposit of His Holy Spirit, my mind and soul were seared by my knowledge of good and evil because I was born into a fallen world.
However when I received that deposit I was healed of that sear and am being transformed by Christ good merciful works transformed from grace to more graces from mercy to more mercies, and I am adopted by Christ work into the vine which Christ is the root of.

I have always been a child of God but now adopted into the vine I am no longer separated/lost from Him my Father.
But, if I choose to follow that other father, then I am not Gods child any longer, not by Gods action or choice but by my own choice of following the paths and methods of that other father <---- the murderer the one who not just knows of good and evil but lives, operates and manipulates in that knowledge.
With that other father as my father, if I was in the vine I will also be cut off from the vine and will not have any fellowship with God here on earth or in the eternity.

If any of us choose the other father then we are titled by God as children of the devil, but until then He calls us not what I want us to be called, but what He calls us in scripture: obedient children or disobedient children.
Three titles He has for us obedient children -or- disobedient children -or- sons of the devil
Two of those titles are claimed by Him as Christ's possession, the other the third title is not claimed by Him but turned over to their own chosen/adopted father the devil, the murderer, the slanderer, the accuser, the deceiver to him and his just rewards they are turned over to.

Just because we are born into a fallen world where the knowledge of good and evil rules the world until it is restored by Father, Father does not revoke or repent of our title as His children. He will never do that unless or until those children follow the methods and paths of the other father the devil.
The saved are His children the sheep who can hear His voice, the lost are His children too but lost sheep who need to hear His voice, but the followers/children of satan are turned over to satan and his just rewards and God no longer claims them as His children they are the devils children.
His obedient children will reign with Christ, His disobedient children will be tried by fire, children of the devil will have everlasting separation from Father.

Jesus has made it clear to me long ago when He said: I only do what I see my Father in heaven do, He/Christ also only spoke what His Father spoke.... He is our example, I try to imitate that example even down to the words He uses as much as it is possible for me to do.
So, I am not saying what I want to be said here on this post, I am saying what my Lord Jesus and His Father said and it is all recorded in scripture and NT letters and writings.

If anyone has a hard time digesting what I have posted here, then I suggest a topical word search of "children-child" and if that does not help in digestion then a topical word search of "obedient and disobedient" in our scriptures and NT letters and writings.
I am not a scripture lawyer or a teacher I come here to share not teach, Christ is both a teacher and the best scripture lawyer in history using His Fathers Holy Spirit sent to those who know they need Him.

But I will allow myself to be corrected and am willing to respond to any scripture and NT presented to me for my own correction of what I have posted here or the attitude in which I presented it.

Peace.

Diggindeeper
Jan 28th 2011, 03:25 AM
...and since we ARE adopted (grafted) in, we are promised the wonderful inheritence of His kingdom, of which there will be no end.

John 15:
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

MoreMercy
Jan 28th 2011, 04:45 PM
...and since we ARE adopted (grafted) in, we are promised the wonderful inheritence of His kingdom, of which there will be no end.

John 15:
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Amen ! :pp :pp :pp :pp :pp :pp :pp

Firstfruits
Jan 30th 2011, 09:13 AM
According to the scriptures we are not all "children of God", some are the children of Satan.

Jesus made it possible that we can become the children of God.

Firstfruits

lineman
Jan 31st 2011, 12:34 AM
I would add that *all* that are not in Jesus are sons of the evil one. Only upon accepting Jesus are we adopted into the family of God. By nature we are lost even from our mothers womb. We may be God's creation, but an eternity from being God's children before conversion. It is also interesting that we are compared to olive branches. Normally olive trees are wild by nature and a good branch is grafted into the wild tree to produce good olives. Scripture has the wild branch grafted into the good tree. Complete opposite of normal cultivar practices.
Anyway, God bless you.
Ben

percho
Jan 31st 2011, 06:34 AM
I would add that *all* that are not in Jesus are sons of the evil one. Only upon accepting Jesus are we adopted into the family of God. By nature we are lost even from our mothers womb. We may be God's creation, but an eternity from being God's children before conversion. It is also interesting that we are compared to olive branches. Normally olive trees are wild by nature and a good branch is grafted into the wild tree to produce good olives. Scripture has the wild branch grafted into the good tree. Complete opposite of normal cultivar practices.
Anyway, God bless you.
Ben

Are we adopted or do we just have the Spirit of Adoption waiting for the adoption to wit?

Firstfruits
Jan 31st 2011, 01:32 PM
Are we adopted or do we just have the Spirit of Adoption waiting for the adoption to wit?

Through the Spirit of God we are are the sons of God.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

We are also waiting to adopted to heaven.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Firstfruits

percho
Feb 1st 2011, 02:47 AM
Through the Spirit of God we are are the sons of God.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

We are also waiting to adopted to heaven.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Firstfruits

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

From this I take it we are not today, even with the Spirit of adoption and are sons of God, not yet manifested as the sons of God. Would you agree that the following verses more clearly describe the manifestation of the sons of God? Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the sons of God, being the sons of the resurrection. 1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. Rom. 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. Rom. 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 1 Cor. 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (Afterward what?) and last but not least John 3:6 last part and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Just like in whose image we shall be. the last Adam

Firstfruits
Feb 3rd 2011, 09:50 AM
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

From this I take it we are not today, even with the Spirit of adoption and are sons of God, not yet manifested as the sons of God. Would you agree that the following verses more clearly describe the manifestation of the sons of God? Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the sons of God, being the sons of the resurrection. 1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. Rom. 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. Rom. 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 1 Cor. 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (Afterward what?) and last but not least John 3:6 last part and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Just like in whose image we shall be. the last Adam

I would agree with that, as we await his return and when he comes we shall be changed and be as he is.

Firstfruits