PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Single YOung Adults

SierraNichole
Feb 3rd 2011, 07:14 PM
I am 24, single, never dated because I never saw the point in giving parts of me away to numerous guys. I am praying for a husband and really just want to get married. How do you deal with being single when you really just want that other person in your life?

Godslittleangel
Feb 4th 2011, 07:16 AM
Well, I'm in my late twenties never ahd a date, or married. It can be hard, I have alwasy dreamed of marrying and having a family, but now must not be the time and maybe its not in God's Will to be married. Who knows? Its tough sometimes, but I know God has a plan for me, and his timing and I need to just trust him and let him work it. Whatever it may be.

I like being singe too though. I am on my own, I don't have to worry about cooking for someone when I don't feel like cooking, have my own space, can do whateve I want, go places whenever hang out with my friends all the time and however long (not that I go on trips anyways), and not have to worry about a husband to come home to. So enjoy your single hood because when married, the single lifestyle goes out the door.:P

Athanasius
Feb 4th 2011, 12:38 PM
Well, are you actively 'looking'?

Metamorphasis
Feb 13th 2011, 07:20 PM
The only relationship I was in ended badly. Its hard for me having same-sex attraction, but I dreamed of marrying and having a family, but now I realize that may not be possible for me seeing on how my problem affected my last love.

lovex
Feb 14th 2011, 12:14 AM
I am 24, single, never dated because I never saw the point in giving parts of me away to numerous guys. I am praying for a husband and really just want to get married. How do you deal with being single when you really just want that other person in your life?

What is said in bolded letters is really inspiring. I am 20 years old and I feel the exact same way. I see so many people jump in and out of relationships just to fullfill their void of lonliness, when they are really just giving parts of them away that are (if it's in the Lord's will) her future husbands. I was with one guy, for seven years, and I really still hope and pray that it is him that I spend my life in a covenant before the Lord with, but until then... I will fully rely and trust in the Lord that He is enough. He supplies me the love, the comfort, the gentle presence of Him that no one else could ever give me. Please don't loose faith, or hope... Remain pure, and continue seeking the Lords will.

dave_webmaster
Apr 16th 2011, 07:55 AM
I know how you feel. I have never "dated". I was never the kind of person to walk up to someone and just start talking to them. and my friends .. I didn't want to mess up out friendship. I do long for someone to hold and love and talk to. I'm 25 and I wonder when it will happen. I'm just waiting on God but I wonder sometimes when it says in the bible that "blessed is the man that finds a wife" does that mean its up to me?

Athanasius
Apr 16th 2011, 12:35 PM
I know how you feel. I have never "dated". I was never the kind of person to walk up to someone and just start talking to them. and my friends .. I didn't want to mess up out friendship. I do long for someone to hold and love and talk to. I'm 25 and I wonder when it will happen. I'm just waiting on God but I wonder sometimes when it says in the bible that "blessed is the man that finds a wife" does that mean its up to me?

Why do you think God is just going to give you a wife?

0zIhLMmqmZI

Slina
Apr 16th 2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not opposed to dating or anything, but I'd definitely prefer to be careful if it's not a guy I could honestly see myself with for the rest of my life. I'm pretty sure I had a guy interested in me not too long ago (I'm bad at picking up signals, but he was pretty blatant about it :P), but I've kinda known since meeting him that he'd be a horrible match for me, even though he's a pretty cool guy.

I'm never sure whether I desperately want to get married or not though. Half the time I feel perfectly content being single, but then sometimes I just really want someone. It doesn't help much that I have pretty limited contact with Christian singles right now (not a lot of them in my church right now either), and it definitely doesn't help that a lot of my friends are married off by now. It's true though, there are definitely advantages to being single. Like Paul says, being single gives you a lot of extra freedom since you aren't tied down quite as much by a spouse and possibly kids. I've had friends and even my mom change their entire life plans purely because they got married, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it's pretty cool to think that I can keep doing all that single stuff for now.

Thomas White
Apr 16th 2011, 07:27 PM
I was the same way. I did not pray for God to send someone to me. I just lived my life. Eventually, when the time was right, He did send someone. I am 24 now and will marry the girl of my dreams June 3rd.

mateusz
Apr 1st 2013, 05:44 PM

I am very happy and appreciate your thinking. Its the right way of living life with your partner. All singles should have think like you. After marriage you can enjoy your life with your life partner.

RabbiKnife
Apr 1st 2013, 05:47 PM
Buy a pair of men's jeans, oh, say about waistline 24, inseam 34.

Ask God to fill them with the right man.

TonyViet
May 15th 2013, 02:17 AM
Well, I'm in my late twenties never ahd a date, or married. It can be hard, I have alwasy dreamed of marrying and having a family, but now must not be the time and maybe its not in God's Will to be married. Who knows? Its tough sometimes, but I know God has a plan for me, and his timing and I need to just trust him and let him work it. Whatever it may be.

I like being singe too though. I am on my own, I don't have to worry about cooking for someone when I don't feel like cooking, have my own space, can do whateve I want, go places whenever hang out with my friends all the time and however long (not that I go on trips anyways), and not have to worry about a husband to come home to. So enjoy your single hood because when married, the single lifestyle goes out the door.:P

I agree with you. Marriage life is complicated, yet dating is really amazing. You should try it one time