PDA

View Full Version : Pastor with 666 Tattoo Claims to be Divine ...

vja4Him
Feb 5th 2011, 03:27 PM
Has anyone seen this guy, Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda? Very bizarre ... This guy claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. Teaches there is no sin and no devil.

His followers believe that he is God!

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-02-16/us/miami.preacher_1_cult-leader-followers-tattoo?_s=PM%3AUS

TomH
Feb 5th 2011, 03:55 PM
Just one more of a long line of cult leaders.

They all eventually claim the role.

Vhayes
Feb 5th 2011, 03:57 PM
I think he's been around for a while now, vja. I remember reading a story about him a year or so ago.

songbird
Feb 5th 2011, 04:18 PM
I had never heard of this man until now. I looked him up and his followers are also getting 666 tattoos! How horrifying.

Vhayes
Feb 5th 2011, 04:20 PM
His "belief system" is wacked way out.

karenoka27
Feb 5th 2011, 04:34 PM
2 Timothy 4:3-4-"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."sigh....

RevLogos
Feb 5th 2011, 05:05 PM
Hmmm, diamond encrusted Rolexes, armored BMWs and Lexus? Seems to be good money in being a false god.

I'll have to remember that next time I get laid off. ;)

moonglow
Feb 5th 2011, 06:14 PM
Yes he has been around for many years and had a large following...:( And he isn't the only one claiming to be Jesus either..I post this link all the time on here:

List of people claimed to be Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_claimed_to_be_Jesus)

Pretty scary that even though Jesus warned us about these people...they fall for it anyway. :(

God bless

Jeanne D
Feb 5th 2011, 10:32 PM
Sorry but the cheese fell off of this man's crackers.

Jeanne

amazzin
Feb 5th 2011, 10:38 PM
That's old news. He's a cult leader

Godslittleangel
Feb 6th 2011, 01:20 AM
I've heard of him before 10 years ago. He claimed to be Jesus then. Must be back on the news again.

Diggindeeper
Feb 7th 2011, 12:42 AM
Ever since he's been around, it seems its mainly the wealthy who flock around him. That's why the "diamond encrusted Rolexes, armored BMWs and Lexus'.....

People will chase after a lie before the truth can even get its boots on!

Diggindeeper
Feb 7th 2011, 01:01 AM
You know, one danger I see is that his 'church' has a name that sounds thoroughly Christian! Lots of people go on vacation and visit a nearby church. I wonder how many have accidentally stumbled into his 'church' (Growing In Grace International Ministry, Inc.) and thought they were visiting a genuine CHURCH.

Yet, even back in 2007, the Dallas Morning News reported that "de Jesús "preaches to followers in some 35 nations, mostly in Latin America, and has 287 radio programs and a 24-hour Spanish-language TV network."

"De Jesús has gained attention in Puerto Rico, in particular, where his denomination has opened centers in Guaynabo, Arecibo, Yabuncoa, Ponce, and Hormigueros."

And followers, 4 years ago, in 35 nations!

I sincerely pray he is not reaching more people than we are here, on this Christian Message board!

SierraNichole
Feb 7th 2011, 06:27 PM
wow, this is soooo weird...you would think with all the biblical stuff saying this will happen and to stear clear of it that ppl would but no they still believe it. Craaaazaaaaay

vja4Him
Feb 7th 2011, 08:49 PM
wow, this is soooo weird...you would think with all the biblical stuff saying this will happen and to stear clear of it that ppl would but no they still believe it. Craaaazaaaaay

You would think .... wouldn't you ... That's one of the problems. Many people don't think for themselves, but are too quick to accept whatever anyone says.

2 Timothy 4:3 (King James Version)

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.

Vhayes
Feb 7th 2011, 09:01 PM
You would think .... wouldn't you ... That's one of the problems. Many people don't think for themselves, but are too quick to accept whatever anyone says.

2 Timothy 4:3 (King James Version)

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.
I think it goes deeper than that, vja - I think people want to be part of an "inner circle" - the cool kids, the ones who are "special" in some way.

It's sad. Really it is.
V

Warrior4God
Feb 7th 2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry but the cheese fell off of this man's crackers.

Jeanne

I like this analogy. :lol:

ProjectPeter
Feb 7th 2011, 11:05 PM
In a word... NUTBAR. Enough said!

Andrew315
Feb 9th 2011, 08:23 PM
never heard about this guy until know...and if i remember correctly he is not the first person who has proclaimed to be Jesus.... i think this happens more than people realize.

vja4Him
Feb 12th 2011, 05:24 PM
I think it goes deeper than that, vja - I think people want to be part of an "inner circle" - the cool kids, the ones who are "special" in some way.

It's sad. Really it is.
V

It seems that some people are against the truth, and willingly go astray, to fulfill whatever their lusts are .... whether it be their own glory, fame, fortune, rebelling (against God and His Word) ....