PDA

View Full Version : Who is this talking about?

ThyWordIsTruth
Feb 12th 2011, 06:29 AM
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. Don't know where else to put it.

I was listening to a sermon and heard a description of this person:

"One of the greatest preachers in America after the turn of the century, was a man who was a drunken alcoholic who spent all his family's money on his booze. He didn't feed his family. Eventually he had a little baby girl who died. She died of malnutrition. He went in a drunken stupor to the funeral and after the service was over, he stole the clothes off her dead body to exchange for a drink. That's when he stumbled into a Christian mission, was converted, and used him to bring many others to Christ."

The name of this person was not mentioned. Anyone has an idea who this is describing? Thanks.

dagar
Feb 12th 2011, 07:42 AM
It would be interesting if this can be verified. Not very believable.

ThyWordIsTruth
Feb 13th 2011, 10:33 AM
Ah, the name was mentioned in the next sermon - Mel Trotter. Although I've never heard of him till now.

Btw, there're many people like this down through the ages of history aren't there? Matthew/Levi, the Samaritan woman, the immoral woman who wept at Jesus' feet and George Muller are just some that come to mind. I'm sure there're tons and tons of people like this in heaven.