PDA

View Full Version : Preaching Jesus at Walmart

Joe D
Feb 16th 2011, 10:28 PM
I went to see my daughter in New Orleans for a couple days and yesterday we went to Walmart.
I was wearing a shirt that said Worship and a man coming down the aisle asked worship who, he was from St Croix and sold out on Jesus and we had a long conversation.
As we went to check out he followed us and was still talking as I was unloading the cart and the cashier said, don't mind him, he's weird and does this all the time, he was told about it before.
I replied No...he is okay but she continued on and waved to a police officer that was at the front of the store.
The officer told him he had to leave but he just wanted to pay for the bottles of water he had and would leave.
I couldn't believe it when they took him out in handcuffs.
For what? telling me about Jesus and his beliefs?

Quickened
Feb 16th 2011, 10:37 PM
The thing being that "he was told about this before".

You would have no way of knowing what his behavior was and or has been prior to this engagement.

Fenris
Feb 17th 2011, 03:03 PM
If he's harassing customers inside a store and the management wants him to leave then technically he is trespassing.

You don't have a "right" to witness on private property, even if it is open to the public.

Slina
Feb 17th 2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah, sounds like they've gotten a bunch of complaints about this guy, and the cashier probably just assumed that you were equally put off by him and were simply too nice to say anything. I might have assumed the same if I were in that situation. Besides, I assume you only saw him talking to a willing listener. Who knows what he's like when talking to someone who's not interested. And unfortunately I can see why they took him out in handcuffs. He was asked to leave by a police officer, and he refused to leave right away, so they had to take him out by force.

You can talk to management if you're really concerned, but that's probably more or less what they'd say.

Slug1
Feb 17th 2011, 05:45 PM
Wow... just think, when I go to a SAM's here where I live, they play KLOVE over the sound system for the music.

Saved7
Feb 18th 2011, 02:11 AM
Wow... just think, when I go to a SAM's here where I live, they play KLOVE over the sound system for the music.

Well all I can say to that is .....woohoo!!

Joe D
Feb 22nd 2011, 12:32 AM
Just something that crossed my mind

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Except at Walmart <-----I missed this part :)

Fenris
Feb 22nd 2011, 04:26 PM
Yes, yes, being kicked out of Walmart for annoying customers is just like being fed to the lions for preaching the Gospels. Both persecuted for righteousness' sake.

Vhayes
Feb 22nd 2011, 05:11 PM
Joe, a person should be able to go into a public place and conduct their business without being confronted with things that do not pertain to the business they are conducting.

I used to HATE being in an airport and having to fend off the Hare Krishnas.

Would you feel the same way if that person in Walmart had been Muslim? Or Hindu? If not - why not?
V

swaldron583
Dec 9th 2015, 12:21 AM
Nobody has even ventured to guess WHY this guy was preaching at WALMART ? Personally I was horrified back in 1994 when the United States granted China MFN (Most Favored Nation) trade status just a few years after the Tienanmen Square massacre. I guess we couldn't let the slaughter of some pro-democracy demonstrators with machine gun bullets and flame throwers get in the way of good ole American GREED. But Walmart selling everything "Made in China" is just the "tip of the iceberg". FYI. China exports 1.6 Trillion dollars annually to the United States, and has a trade deficit 25 times the size of the United States. That's a lot of buying and selling. China now owns 33% of all American gas and oil interests. General Motors, IBM, A123 Computers, Hackett Media, AMC Entertainment and Smithfield Foods are all owned by Shuanghui International. Morgan Stanely and Visa at a 65% share are part of the China Life Insurance Company. This list doesn't even include the hundreds of U.S. companies that remain American in name, but have shipped all their manufacturing to China, or properties in the U.S. owned by China like the Sheraton Universal Hotel, RoseWood Hotels and Resorts, the General Motors Tower-Sungate Trust building and the Chase Manhattan Plaza owned by the Fosun Group. Doesn't the Revelation Prophecy say something about no one being able to "buy or sell" anything without receiving the Mark of the Beast ? Seems we've not just been idly sitting around waiting for the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse to arrive, but instead we've been busy paving the road to HELL he's going to ride in on. WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE.

keck553
Dec 9th 2015, 12:30 AM
If he's harassing customers inside a store and the management wants him to leave then technically he is trespassing.

You don't have a "right" to witness on private property, even if it is open to the public.

This is the type of antics that make us look bad. Even Jesus didn't harrass the Romans like this.

swaldron583
Dec 10th 2015, 01:31 AM
Nobody has even ventured to guess WHY this guy was preaching at WALMART ? Personally I was horrified back in 1994 when the United States granted China MFN (Most Favored Nation) trade status just a few years after the Tienanmen Square massacre. I guess we couldn't let the slaughter of some pro-democracy demonstrators with machine gun bullets and flame throwers get in the way of good ole American GREED. But Walmart selling everything "Made in China" is just the "tip of the iceberg". FYI. China exports 1.6 Trillion dollars annually to the United States, and has a trade deficit 25 times the size of the United States. That's a lot of buying and selling. China now owns 33% of all American gas and oil interests. General Motors, IBM, A123 Computers, Hackett Media, AMC Entertainment and Smithfield Foods are all owned by Shuanghui International. Morgan Stanely and Visa at a 65% share are part of the China Life Insurance Company. This list doesn't even include the hundreds of U.S. companies that remain American in name, but have shipped all their manufacturing to China, or properties in the U.S. owned by China like the Sheraton Universal Hotel, RoseWood Hotels and Resorts, the General Motors Tower-Sungate Trust building and the Chase Manhattan Plaza owned by the Fosun Group. Doesn't the Revelation Prophecy say something about no one being able to "buy or sell" anything without receiving the Mark of the Beast ? Seems we've not just been idly sitting around waiting for the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse to arrive, but instead we've been busy paving the road to HELL he's going to ride in on. WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE.

Of course this begs another interesting question I've never seen addressed on any Bible forum or anywhere else for that matter. "Is the Mark of the Beast permanent, or can it be REMOVED ? According to Christian doctrine, the answer is YES.. It absolutely CAN BE removed. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover "ALL SIN". End of story. The Mark of the Beast merely represents SIN. The recognition of SIN, is essential to repentance. Anything you receive CAN BE sanctified by the Word of God and prayer, (I Timothy 4:4-5), therefore a repentant spirit CAN NOT receive the Mark of the Beast by buying or selling things one might actually "need to survive" such as food, as opposed to what one might covet. Is gain by ANY MEANS godliness ? No. The Scripture says so (1 Tim.6:5). So the next time you buy something marked "Made in China".. Ask yourself whether you really need it, or whether you simply want it, and pray on it if you must buy it. That's probably the message you would have heard from the preacher at the WalMart Store, had you taken the time to listen to him.

BrianW
Dec 10th 2015, 02:25 AM
I buy American as much as possible. But what the heck do Chinese products being sold in Walmart have to do with the mark of the beast?
How does this become a sign of the Apocalypse?

What???

Fenris
Dec 10th 2015, 01:42 PM
But what the heck do Chinese products being sold in Walmart have to do with the mark of the beast?

Obviously you're not connecting the dots :P

Don't feel bad, neither am I

keck553
Dec 10th 2015, 02:25 PM
Last I heard, there were lots of Christians in China.

always
Dec 10th 2015, 04:33 PM
There is a time and season for all things, we have to be wise as serpents, if Wal-Mart told him not to minister there, I don't think he should have disrespected their wishes, " Obedience is better than sacrifice" he was not being persecuted for preaching the Gospel, he was being arrested for trespassing.

We as saints of God can not allow our good to be spoken evil of

swaldron583
Dec 12th 2015, 02:54 AM
I buy American as much as possible. But what the heck do Chinese products being sold in Walmart have to do with the mark of the beast?

What???

That's o.k, you'll figure it out when Red China sends all those "profits" back to you in the form of "bullets and nuclear warheads". The Chinese just bought an aircraft carrier from the Ukraine and China has three more carriers under construction. They're building several artificial islands in the South China Sea on coral reefs from which to base combat aircraft. The Chinese are selling four hundred advanced (F-16 equivalent) fighter planes to Iran, who we're likely going to end up at war with. 90 percent of all industry in China is "government" controlled, and a large chunk of the profits from all this industry goes straight into the buildup of China's military. Like I said. "We're paving the road to Hell the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse is going to ride in on". SO. WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE.

BrianW
Dec 12th 2015, 03:07 AM
I've been saying for a long time ( since Bill Clinton was in office actually ) that China is the biggest threat to the US.

But you know.... America isn't the be all end all and neither is China when it comes to Tribulation and end times prophecy. Your SO. WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE tag line and trying to tie Chinese products being sold in Walmart somehow leading to the mark of the beast is just...

like I said: What?

Protective Angel
Dec 12th 2015, 03:18 AM
We as saints of God can not allow our good to be spoken evil of

Now there's a statement we should live up to. :hug:

joined2him
Dec 12th 2015, 06:33 PM
Of course this begs another interesting question I've never seen addressed on any Bible forum or anywhere else for that matter. "Is the Mark of the Beast permanent, or can it be REMOVED ? According to Christian doctrine, the answer is YES.. It absolutely CAN BE removed. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover "ALL SIN". End of story. The Mark of the Beast merely represents SIN. The recognition of SIN, is essential to repentance. Anything you receive CAN BE sanctified by the Word of God and prayer, (I Timothy 4:4-5), therefore a repentant spirit CAN NOT receive the Mark of the Beast by buying or selling things one might actually "need to survive" such as food, as opposed to what one might covet. Is gain by ANY MEANS godliness ? No. The Scripture says so (1 Tim.6:5). So the next time you buy something marked "Made in China".. Ask yourself whether you really need it, or whether you simply want it, and pray on it if you must buy it. That's probably the message you would have heard from the preacher at the WalMart Store, had you taken the time to listen to him.

Whaaaaatttt???

It seems to me that you are majorly conflating quite a few issues here. Would it be OK with you if people buy things they don't really need, as long as they are made in the USA and not sold at Wal-mart?

The "mark of the beast" is really a matter of interpretation, and a case can be made for many different scenarios.

But it's clear that in Scripture, it represents some kind of coercion which separates true believers from everyone else, and I don't see anyone being forced to buy stuff made in China and sold at WalMart; in fact, your own question shows that you consider it to be a free choice. (Which it is.)

As for the guy preaching at WalMart, I believe he was quite out of line. Christians are not supposed to be aggressively shoving the Gospel at individuals. There's a big difference between "broadcasting" seed and pounding it into the ground.

WalMart is not a public square. It is a corporate business, having rights to protect its customers from harassment, which is what aggressive promoters do. I don't even like it when I am accosted by the Girl Scouts selling their cookies in front of the supermarkets, but I've never seen them INSIDE the store, accosting people in the checkout lines.

swaldron583
Dec 13th 2015, 12:45 AM
Obviously you're not connecting the dots :P

Don't feel bad, neither am I

Actually Fenris, you asked two questions, didn't you ? Were you specifically asking me to explain what I think the Mark of the Beast (Rev.13:18) means ? Happy to, but answering that question would almost certainly get this thread shut down by the admin, and I don't want to be responsible for shutting down another persons thread. So here's a compromise. I'll start a new thread on Sunday entitled "The Mark of the Beast, The Real Meaning" and you can read about there. Should the admin close or lock the thread, you're welcome to PM me at "introductions" or email me at swaldron583@gmail.com where i'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the post.

swaldron583
Dec 13th 2015, 01:03 AM
Whaaaaatttt???

It seems to me that you are majorly conflating quite a few issues here. Would it be OK with you if people buy things they don't really need, as long as they are made in the USA and not sold at Wal-mart?

The "mark of the beast" is really a matter of interpretation, and a case can be made for many different scenarios.

But it's clear that in Scripture, it represents some kind of coercion which separates true believers from everyone else, and I don't see anyone being forced to buy stuff made in China and sold at WalMart; in fact, your own question shows that you consider it to be a free choice. (Which it is.)

As for the guy preaching at WalMart, I believe he was quite out of line. Christians are not supposed to be aggressively shoving the Gospel at individuals. There's a big difference between "broadcasting" seed and pounding it into the ground.

WalMart is not a public square. It is a corporate business, having rights to protect its customers from harassment, which is what aggressive promoters do. I don't even like it when I am accosted by the Girl Scouts selling their cookies in front of the supermarkets, but I've never seen them INSIDE the store, accosting people in the checkout lines.

You might want to give (I Timothy 6:10) a read and connect the dots yourself. The "LUST" for the things money can buy is a SNARE. and it leads to DESTRUCTION, (That's certainly Biblical). But knowingly and consciously doing business with those who represent Satan is a whole nother level. It's specifically addressed in the Revelation Prophecy. As for not aggressively ministering to people, I believe you're in direct conflict on that statement with the Gospel of Christ and a whole lot of what the Apostles said about witnessing to others. I believe Jesus admonished those who were neither hot or cold, but lukewarm in their spirituality, didn't he ? Said something about "Spewing them out his mouth", Didn't he ? I'm not going to list each and every verse, it would take volumes and waste alot of time pointing out the obvious. You might want to consult a minister on that opinion instead.

swaldron583
Dec 14th 2015, 12:54 AM
Lot's has been made of the "aggressive" and "illegal" behavior of this WalMart Preacher. It's also been pointed out "confrontational" behavior is the wrong way to "plant the seed" of Christianity. I believe the analogy was likened to "pounding the seed into the ground, rather than placing it there carefully and gently.

Here's a couple of things to consider. Did Jesus teach "non confrontational" theology ? Jesus said, "I come not to bring Peace to the earth, but a sword (Matt. 10:34). The passage goes on to say he shall "turn a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother" (Matt. 10:35). Not exactly a "non-confrontational position, now is it ? In fact, Jesus stormed into the temple courtyard and over turned the tables of the moneychangers and called the temple priests a bunch of "thieves and vipers", didn't he ? Sounds like Jesus didn't just plant seed gently in the most fertile ground, but planted some in rocky hard ground by pounding it in, didn't he ? Oh yeah. Jesus was ARRESTED by the temple authorities, wasn't he ? Just like the Preacher at WalMart was.

Martin Luther King was also "arrested" in Selma Alabama, where he planted the small seed of "guilt" into the conscience of white America and by direct confrontation (seems he pounded the seed into the ground too), it grew until it changed a nation, (The Parable of the Mustard Seed, Matt.13:31-32) and he literally MOVED MOUNTAINS) ! Jesus said, "Anyone who does not take up this cross and follow me, is not worthy of me". Martin Luther King took up that cross and carried it without fear, even unto his death.

The Apostles warned in the Last Days Christians would no longer "endure sound doctrine". Indeed those who sheepishly step back and hide in the crowd while others are being persecuted are faithless cowards, and the fearful and unbelieving WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of God (Rev.21:8).

I believe this is the lesson of the Preacher at WalMart.

keck553
Dec 14th 2015, 06:18 AM
I've been saying for a long time ( since Bill Clinton was in office actually ) that China is the biggest threat to the US.

But you know.... America isn't the be all end all and neither is China when it comes to Tribulation and end times prophecy. Your SO. WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE tag line and trying to tie Chinese products being sold in Walmart somehow leading to the mark of the beast is just...

like I said: What?

I read somewhere that China has the fastest growing Christian community on the planet. For all I know a Chinese Christian made my iphone.

keck553
Dec 14th 2015, 06:22 AM

Think about that as you are typing on your Chinese made keyboard hooked to your Chinese made motherboard on your Chinese made display (ALL LED and LCD display modules come from China), transmitting with your Chinese made Wifi card to your Chinese made router through your Chinses made modem if you really need it. If we don't hear from you again, perhaps it willl mean you're practicing your preaching. :)

swaldron583
Dec 15th 2015, 08:31 PM
Think about that as you are typing on your Chinese made keyboard hooked to your Chinese made motherboard on your Chinese made display (ALL LED and LCD display modules come from China), transmitting with your Chinese made Wifi card to your Chinese made router through your Chinses made modem if you really need it. If we don't hear from you again, perhaps it willl mean you're practicing your preaching. :)

I'm using a computer in a public library. I didn't buy nothing from China. A couple of days ago I bought a shaving razor "Made in Taiwan". It was six dollars more than the "Made in China" versions (of which there were five on the shelf). If something is "Made in China" and sold in the USA, it has to be labeled "Made in China".. IT'S THE LAW. There's no way anyone is being tricked into buying products "Made in China". Not in the USA.

BrianW
Dec 15th 2015, 08:49 PM
Doesn't matter if you bought it or you're using one in the public library, you're still using it bro. And guess what? Your tax dollars helped pay for it.

I buy American as much as possible. I think it's insane the way we import from China and have killed off uncountable American jobs because of it. That doesn't have anything to do with the apocalypse or the mark of the beast. Seriously, you still haven't explained that.

Edit: Just to be fair though, Dell and Gateway have manufacturing plants in the US and a lot of PC components that other OEM's use are actually manufactured in Taiwan.
And it is possible to build a PC made with 100% American made components. It's hard and you have to do a lot of searching and research but it is possible.

keck553
Dec 15th 2015, 11:18 PM
I'm using a computer in a public library. I didn't buy nothing from China. A couple of days ago I bought a shaving razor "Made in Taiwan". It was six dollars more than the "Made in China" versions (of which there were five on the shelf). If something is "Made in China" and sold in the USA, it has to be labeled "Made in China".. IT'S THE LAW. There's no way anyone is being tricked into buying products "Made in China". Not in the USA.

That's like saying you are not guilty of child abuse if you are view it but didn't participate in it. If you are using Chinese products in a public library it means that someone bought it for your use, and your use completes the transaction. The fact that you are using it registers your approval of their purchase.

By the way, I have a Itronix Laptop which is made in the USA, but the glass for the LCD, like every other LCD in the consumer world is made in China. If you own a phone, a Flat screen TV, an LCD watch then you've bought something from China.

I buy USA also, but because I support our own economy to the best of my ability and also because there is a severe lack of semi-skilled labor in this country at this time, and if using USA made products encourages the labor force to develop skills we have lost due to NAFTA and other Clinton era exports of semi-skilled labor, I am all for it.

But it's not because I think China is "the beast" or any other strange doctrines floating around out there. China is expanding in Christian faith faster than any nation on the planet.

Reynolds357
Dec 16th 2015, 12:54 AM
I went to see my daughter in New Orleans for a couple days and yesterday we went to Walmart.
I was wearing a shirt that said Worship and a man coming down the aisle asked worship who, he was from St Croix and sold out on Jesus and we had a long conversation.
As we went to check out he followed us and was still talking as I was unloading the cart and the cashier said, don't mind him, he's weird and does this all the time, he was told about it before.
I replied No...he is okay but she continued on and waved to a police officer that was at the front of the store.
The officer told him he had to leave but he just wanted to pay for the bottles of water he had and would leave.
I couldn't believe it when they took him out in handcuffs.
For what? telling me about Jesus and his beliefs?

You have to know the whole story to pass judgment. There used to be a lady in town that we had to deal with pretty regularly. One minute she would be street preaching and the next moment she would be beating someone in the head with her pocket book. She had serious mental issues.

swaldron583
Dec 16th 2015, 06:56 PM
That's like saying you are not guilty of child abuse if you are view it but didn't participate in it. If you are using Chinese products in a public library it means that someone bought it for your use, and your use completes the transaction. The fact that you are using it registers your approval of their purchase.

By the way, I have a Itronix Laptop which is made in the USA, but the glass for the LCD, like every other LCD in the consumer world is made in China. If you own a phone, a Flat screen TV, an LCD watch then you've bought something from China.

I buy USA also, but because I support our own economy to the best of my ability and also because there is a severe lack of semi-skilled labor in this country at this time, and if using USA made products encourages the labor force to develop skills we have lost due to NAFTA and other Clinton era exports of semi-skilled labor, I am all for it.

But it's not because I think China is "the beast" or any other strange doctrines floating around out there. China is expanding in Christian faith faster than any nation on the planet.

The verse of Revelation to which you refer says "No one will be able to "BUY or SELL" without receiving the Mark of the Beast, (Rev.13:17). It doesn't say anything about "USING" something bought by someone else, unless they've added that to the passage since the last time I read it. There is a VERY strong warning about ADDING to the words of the Prophecy of Revelation, (Rev.22;18). I suggest you read it. Adding more to the Scripture than is actually stated in order to try and "discredit" someone who is quoting Scripture word for word is patently EVIL. Clearly the intent of the passage is to convey the Mark of The Beast is tied to the "economic" profanity of supporting the Beast system with your DOLLARS. That's ALL it says. That's how you get the Mark of The Beast. If no money comes directly out of my pocket and goes to support Red China, I'm comfortable with that. As for the watching other people beat their children analogy and doing nothing ? Ill let God be the judge of that if you don't mind, not you. You obviously have a dark agenda pall.

joined2him
Dec 16th 2015, 07:05 PM

I've been thinking a lot about the spread of Christianity "to the ends of the earth" before Christ's second advent. In the past, I've thought of the western hemisphere as comprising that geographical description, but perhaps we are seeing it now to moving to the east. Wouldn't it be something to see Christianity flourish in China, as it did in Europe and in America before apostasy prevailed?

Fenris
Dec 16th 2015, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't it be something to see Christianity flourish in China
I think it very well might, if/when they open their society.

joined2him
Dec 16th 2015, 07:27 PM
I think it very well might, if/when they open their society.

It seems they would widely embrace the fresh air! :)

Fenris
Dec 16th 2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah learning about ethical monotheism could only help them.

joined2him
Dec 16th 2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah learning about ethical monotheism could only help them.

Not to mention the love of God!

Fenris
Dec 16th 2015, 08:02 PM
Oh, for sure. So, hopefully the despots give up some control, especially of freedom for religious expression. A billion people waiting to be introduced to the bible.

joined2him
Dec 16th 2015, 08:18 PM
Oh, for sure. So, hopefully the despots give up some control, especially of freedom for religious expression. A billion people waiting to be introduced to the bible.

That would be worth praying for more years of life in order to see it! :)